03 January 2008

Meet Kimba



It's really nice to meet you. I wish we could sit and chat over a cup of coffee. That's more my style, but this will have to do.

A Soft Place to Land was started in April of 2008 on a bit of a whim. I was an avid blog reader, but I really wanted a way to connect with other women who shared my interests and hobbies. You know...things like spray paint, my hot glue gun and sparkly buttons.

I am married to one hunky man who we call "The Hubster." I'm a stay-at-home mom to two little boys, spray paint addict, lover of chocolate and coffee, worry-wart and shoe-lover. I am also a huge fan of Jesus. In fact, He's my #1. I don't consider this a faith blog, but I do try to be faithful in my blogging.

Do you want to know more about me? Really? You're just bored right?

Here are some of my best-read posts and a few of my favorites that will give you a little insight into my soul...or at least into my craft closet.


I simply can't resist a piece of raggity old furniture that I can make beautiful with some paint and fabric. Check out this one, which ended up here.


If you're looking for some tutorials on rehabbing furniture with spray paint and fabric you can check out Furniture Rehab 101, 201, 301 and 401.


I do more than just spray paint, though. I love to find inexpensive ways to decorate my walls. Like making my own botanical prints and artwork.


Sometimes I get out of control with the spray paint. Seriously. How else can you explain this, this, this and this.

Personally, my favorite blogging topic is my Building a Soft Place to Land series. It's designed to give encouragement, inspiration and practical ideas for making our homes a sanctuary for our families. More often, it's just me sharing what a big ole mess I am. You can read the whole series here. This post and this post are my favorites because of the comments left by my readers.

If you reeeeeeeeeally want to see a little more furniture rehab, you can check out this post and this post.

And if you're a complete glutton for punishment and want to actually hear me talking like a fool, you can watch the video on this post.

I've now linked to myself about 329 times in one post. I think that's quite enough, don't you?