18 June 2008

Remember the Pink Bench?

Well, here she is in her new habitat.



I made her for a dear friend who was decorating a bedroom for two of her little girls. She did such a fantastic job that I asked her if I could come in to take some pictures to show you all. I'm sure her first reaction was, "You want to take pictures of my daughters' bedroom and put them on your blug? Blag? What's that thing called again?" But, being the darling that she is she said, "Sure!'

She wanted the bedroom to have the look of something old that's been cobbled together over time. I love her attitude that the painted furniture looks even better once it gets some nicks and wear on it.

The walls are painted a beautiful pale green with a hint of blue in it. Then she painted this old bed a warm, creamy color. Before it was natural rustic wood. Probably good in some setting, but not what she was going for.



Next up was this dresser. This was her husband's childhood dresser. She painted it a soft white with a hint of green and replaced the hardware. Just beautiful!



I think this is my favorite part. She painted this old desk a wonderful shade of 1930's green. Oddly enough, the bright green of the desk makes the walls look a little bluer which is what she was going for in the first place.


And then look inside the closet! You know you've succeeded when your freaky friend is taking pictures of the inside of your closet. I love the basket organizers!




One last thing...I have to show you these beautiful curtains. Don't they look like some high-end custom creation? Actually they're a shower curtain that she bought on clearance at Anthropologie! She split it down the middle and stitched up the raw edge. Voila! Just gorgeous.



33 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Sarah Mae said...

The curtians (shower curtains) are my favorite! How beautiful! I also love the basket idea - I need to do something like that in my kids rooms. Right now their rooms are in pitiful shape, to say the least!

Angie's Spot said...

I totally agree about the curtains being my fave. So gorgeous! See, it would never occur to me to use a shower curtain as a window treatment. You crafty people and your cool ideas!

Free Art Printables said...

Love the shower curtain thing. That si so creative. What a cute room! Jen R

Marie said...

I'm giggling that your friend used a shower curtain for a window treatment! I did the same thing in my guest room...but hers is WAY cuter! The entire little girls room is adorable! Right down to the Raggedy Ann on the bed. :o) Your bench couldn't have gone to a better home.

Unknown said...

So cute...love the "curtain" idea...gotta keep my mind open.

Caren said...

That looks really pretty and your pink bench looks right at home. Tell your friend, "good job."

Amanda Jo said...

So you're crazy talented and you have crazy talented friends...I'm sad you don't live in Texas.

I looooove the vintage green of that desk and the closet is something right off of the pages of Real Simple - gorgeous! Any your stool goes perfectly!

Mom in High Heels said...

I adore that bench. I saw it on your previous post and was amazed by the transfomation. That toile is one of my favorites. The room is adorable and your bench is perfect in it.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I really like that bench...and that you made it for your friend...so sweet. Love the room and everything she did. Remember that I can still hook ya up with a great house in metro Atlanta!

Anonymous said...

Wow. It all looks so nice. Do the little girls play in that room? It's so clean! Love the sweet little bench.... Susie H

Tiffany said...

Wow! What a great use of color! I need to keep this in mind when I'm decorating our kids room. Thanks!

scargosun said...

It looks beautiful! You are really inspiring me to get moving on my house.

katylinvw said...

how gorgeous! i love all of it (especially the baskets and the curtains!)

Heathahlee said...

I love the curtain idea! I have a bathroom curtain project that thinks outside the box, too, and when I get it done, I'll post about it!

Deb said...

Hi Kimba, tell your friend I love how she decorated the room. A lot of nice pops of color. Deb

Anonymous said...

That room is beautiful! Those are 2 lucky little girls to have such a crafty mom - that also has a crafty friend. My favorite is that green desk....I love the desk!!!

Tiffany said...

SO CUTE!!!

Rue said...

Your friend did a beautiful job!

Have a great day :)

hugs,
rue

Amy Jo said...

That closet looks like a Pottery Barn page! Looks so clean and organized. Curtains are brilliant, as others have already mentioned. I think it's a great idea to photo friend's houses. I did that once already on my blog and thought it was a fabulous idea. I thought about doing it at some other friend's houses too, since I'm always commenting on decorations or crafts people are doing. :)

Trixi said...

Oh, I so love it. I don't have little girls anymore but I think that room is one that would definitely grow with them. It's beautiful. I love the desk and the little pink bench!!
Trixi

Anonymous said...

Love the bench. After your first post I saw one similar at a local antique shop. It was very overpriced for the condition. But I thought of yours from your first post. As for the shutters, it was good to see them because I had considered the same thing for my daughters, now empty bedroom. I have an old window frame in the attic, and I have considered that with shutters on each side, we'll see.

Nancy Hood said...

love the curtain!!!

Kat said...

Oh, I still love that pink bench.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

That's a beautiful room. I like the bench and the curtains are great!

Debbie said...

I love it all!

Heather said...

I LOVE IT!! Your little bench fits in beautifully. I need to go check out Anthropologie's sale room.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love this room and all the details you showed us of it. That pink bench is adorable!! And I would never have thought to do that with a shower curtain, but it looks great. Thanks for sharing this with us. -Julia :-)

Liz Harrell said...

All I can say is, wow.

Jennifer P. said...

The shower curtain idea was genius! Love Anthropologie!

and the color on that desk was soooo pretty!

Glad you got to blug, blag, blog about it ;)!

Brenda said...

I love the green desk! Actually the whole room is so cute! My daughter has a desk similar to this one that needs a good painting...hmmm.
Brenda :)

Marlene said...

Kimba, thank you for the nice compliment on my coastal mantel! loved the look of your friends mantel..I love white painted wood ( to my husbands dismay) I wanted to ask were did you get that lovely curtain panel in that room they look like they have lace cut outs in white.. its soooo pretty and would look lovely in one of my white rooms...? have a great day, Marlene from Cambria

Marlene said...

Kimba! what an airhead.. I re read your blog and it is Anthropologie!
one of my fav shops in Santa Barbara .. I will be sure to scour thier sales section when I visit next...wonderful idea!! shower curtains..I actually use the material from them to make outside cushion covers for my garden..they hold up really well!!! Marlene

* said...

Gorgeous. Your pieces are works of art. I've refinished furniture in the past, with great results. But that was eons ago. You inspire me!