11 September 2008

I'm In Love!!!

His name is Timothy Straw from Benjamin Moore and he's the most beautiful paint color. Not quite green. Not quite gold. Just yummy and beautiful!

Well here...see for yourself.



I really never thought I'd be posting a picture of my potty in the internet.



In case you're curious, here is a "before" picture. It was a standard, builder bathroom. No storage and an unframed mirror.



This mirror was a Goodwill find. It originally came from Tar-Jay and was beat-up and falling apart. Some super glue, a little spray paint and voila!


I think pedestal sinks are very pretty and practical in small spaces like this, but I would still like to have a bit of storage in my powder room





I had this small wood cabinet that was actually a doll wardrobe at one point. Now it's black and just the right size for a few rolls of tp and a bottle of spray cleaner.


And a little artwork...



The frames used to be brown and the pictures are scrapbook paper. I love how the poppy color in the flowers looks against the wall color.


A couple of shelves and we'll call it done.



Have I ever mentioned that I am the world's messiest painter? I get paint everywhere. In my hair, on the floor, on my clothes, on the kids. Everywhere.



Just in case you thought I was exaggerating.


post signature

101 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Angie said...

Beautiful! Too bad about the shoe... Maybe you could paint both shoes to match the b-room :)

Katie said...

Super cute! I love that color!

Lacey in the Sky said...

I love it! I need to write that paint color down! It all looks beautiful! (I'm a messy painter too...I'm pretty sure you take the cake though!)

Unknown said...

Love the color and your accessories!
Hate it about the shoe. It looks like it would have been comfortable. My pink crocs now have black spray paint on them.
Diane

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

That color is fabulous!! Sorry about the Birks though!

~ Sarah

Lacy said...

The paint looks so clean and fresh and awesome with the black frames!!! I enjoyed seeing your potty.

Just Lisa said...

Your bathroom looks great! It amazing the difference some color makes!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Wonderful color! I'm such a messy painter, myself. Very cute!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, and see, I thought I was the messiest painter on the planet. I manage to dribble paint. Then put my shoe on it. And not notice as I walk through the house. I am not allowed to paint :-)

roseroomnz.com said...

Looks fabulous, you should have dipped both shoes in! Rachael

Deb said...

Love the color and the room looks amazing.

Trisha said...

I love it! The color is beautiful! The black looks so good against it. I have to say I thought I was a messy painter; in my hair, arms, clothes. But I have never lost a shoe. Oh Well..I say in the end it was worth it!

Lena said...

That is like the most perfect color! I have been hemming and hawing about what color to paint my kitchen & dinning... that would be perfect! I think I am going to copy you :D

Beth at Aunties said...

Kimba,
Love the new color! I like the use of beautiful paper in your black frames, the fixed mirror and your 'new' and improved storage unit. It turned out really nice... So sorry about your foot and Birks! Oh well, you have shoes that match your new bathroom.
Beth

Heidi said...

...not good...but it was a soft place for your foot to land, wasn't it?

*Heidi*

(Pretty room!)

Heathahlee said...

Can I tell you I'm giggling lots of giggles over that sandal-in-the-paint picture?

Love that mirror!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

LOVE, Love, love that color with black...always have.

And for your new green sandal...totally something I would do. No kidding. : )

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

That's hysterical about your shoe! That is me when I paint! But I love that wall color, too and all that you did in the bathroom!

Nancy Hood said...

love it!! the paint on the walls, not your shoe ;)

Unknown said...

I seriously wish I could hire you to decorate my house! That bathroom looks wonderful!

Kris said...

beautiful! Nice job!! oops on the foot in the paint though. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

aaahhh my, you got paint on ya Birkies, nice colour tho'!

love love the scrapbook paper in the frames, just great inspiration, as ever

Sarah

Darlene said...

OMG...you stepped in it????? Your bathroom looks GREAT...love the black with that color! Those pictures are great!!

Christi said...

Your powder room looks great, but I had to laugh at the shoe - it totally could've been me!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Wonderful! That's a wonderful color and looks like a great neutral for white or black accessories - love it!

Anonymous said...

Great color!
Um, most people just paint their toenails... :)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Beautiful color. Hope those weren't your favorite shoes. Your house is beautiful. Jackie

Marie said...

I thought I was a messy painter...but YOU WIN! :o) Love that color you used. It such a pretty little bathroom. I can't believe that is scrapbook paper you framed! It's perfect!

Chris said...

That's it. I have just found my new favorite paint color!! I've been wanting to paint my 1/2 bath for some time, and this just might be it! You stuck your whole foot in the can? Really?? :-)

Christina said...

Stealing that paint color! I love it! The bathroom looks great.

Oops about your shoe. I'm a pretty messy painter too, but I've never done that. LOL!

Heather said...

dipping my shoe in the paint is so totally something I would do! Love the paint color.

Anonymous said...

what a great transformation! I too am a member of the messy painter club...my husband thinks it is a ploy to get him to do it!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was messy, hehehe! I love the color and all of the nice touches that you put in your small bath. It even looks bigger. I have that same basket behind my "seat". It holds the kids TP. Thank goodness you had help when you stepped in that paint. I have to paint alone because my family gives me such a hard time.... I paint way too often. Have a great day~

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, no, you d'n't! That is hilarious. So did you call hubby in to take a photo?

That is such a pretty paint color--I'd love to powder my nose in that there lovely powder room!

Michelle said...

What an amazing transformation...love it all!

duchess said...

The shoe is hilarious.

How do all your projects turn out so well?

Big difference.

Caren said...

It looks great but sorry about those Birkenstocks. I know how expensive those babies can be. I guess you have official paint shoes now. Do you ever watch "Trading Spaces?" Genevieve who used to be on there (don't know if she still is) always used to say that it was good to paint in bare feet that way you'll know when you step in paint and not track it all over the place. I'm not comfortable in bare feet but whatever...

Lastly, I am curious as to how you got that picture, did you accidentally get your foot in the paint and then call for someone in your family to come take a picture of you. That's making me LOL if that's the case. Do tell Kimba...do tell.

Shannon said...

I love that color! I love finding new paint colors too...thanks! Love all the decor too!

JoAnne said...

LOL I thought I was a messy painter but you got me beat! You bath turned out beautiful.

Smiles, JoAnne

It's a Fantastic Life said...

LOVE the color! The pictures of scrapbook paper are a great idea! I just might have to copy you on that one :-)

Tiffany said...

Everyone needs a pair of green Birks, right?

The bathroom looks great!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! It seems like I say that every time I come over but it's so true.

Georgia Girl said...

LOL...that's what I would have done also if I was painting...cute Kimba! Love the colr and the prints in the frame...so realistic and only scrapbook paper...

Bo said...

Haha..nice job with the B-room and your foot! ;-) Bo

Wendy said...

I love the color. Sorry about your shoe ;-) That's the kind of thing I do when I'm painting. I also love the mirror, the little cabinet AND the artwork. Great job!

Southerner said...

I love the new color it really looks a whole lot better. I felt like I was looking at my little half bath. It was funny at some of the similarities of your bath and mine and what we put in them. Although they are different colors we both did 3 prints - I used fabric that we had. I posted mine at http://southernseven.blogspot.com/2008/08/half-bath-before-and-after.html

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

love it Kimba. I thought I was the worlds worst painter but I think you might be wearing the honor of that crown this year. How do you get so much done with your kids? You are like a super mom . I can not even get my house clean.LOL.

Anonymous said...

You are making me laugh!

Amanda

Vanessa Greenway said...

The powder room looks great! Vanessa

Twice as Nice said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! That mirror is beautiful. Your bathroom is simple yet it makes a statement.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kimba, that is sooo funny. So much for that great pedicure.

Gretchen

Unknown said...

Turned out great! Sorry about the shoe...

Valarie Lea said...

I love the color, I am just not to sure about it for your toes though. :)

emily freeman said...

love that color. At least your shoe is a color you like, you know?

Maren said...

I love it!! I may have to check that color out for one of my many rooms that need a fresh coat of paint.

Tausha said...

I took LOVE that color! So warm, but not too yellow. Great calming color. I think that I will have to drive myself to the paint store and get me a gallon. Now, what should I paint? Which room will my husband want to spend his weekend in? I am so nice, always thinking of others!

Sarah said...

That paint color is really great, it goes really well with the black and the little pops of color from the pictures. Thanks for sharing the before and after. You're giving me ideas....

Anonymous said...

I love the bathroom! The art looks great against that paint color. And I really like the basket on the toilet tank. I need to find something like that to hide the kleenex box and kid wipes! Too bad about your shoe. ;)

Brooke said...

your foot in paint is crackin me up!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

It took me a bit to see what you were talking about when you said "exaggerating". I kept looking at the great framed picture that was posted last thinking there was a blotch of paint on it or something. just a little blond moment...

Deb said...

That is a lovely paint color and the bathroom is lovely just like all of your projects. Kimba the foot in the paint is a new one. Hilarious!! I'm with Angie just paint them both and they'll be perfect. Deb

the undomesticated wife said...

Great color! And what's more, that color will complement just about anything and any color. Good choice!

Rae said...

That IS the perfect color! I'm filing it away for future use! You definitely win the messiest painter award! So funny!!

Jo said...

Gorgeous paint colour! It's amazing how much change a little bit of colour and accessorising can render.

Nicol said...

That is a wonderful color and one that I might have to use in our new house. I love the picture with the scrapbook paper. Cute, cute, cute!

Laura said...

Ooooh, love the color! It's amazing what color does to punch up a space. And I can relate - I'm a messy painter too!

These Are The Days said...

I love the paint color. It's very similar to the paint in much of my house, I also got it from B.M. but mine is called Garden Herb or something like that. Nice work, love the new bath!

These Are The Days said...

P.S. I'm still working on fixing my fall door thing, it's better then it was yesterday but I still haven't made it to the store. I'm kind of embarrassed I showed it to you at that point. :) Also, thanks for turning me on to spray paint! I found some great frames at Goodwill for cheap and now I'm glaming them up. I also had tons of old frames every color out there that I didn't want to get rid of, now I'll just spray them too.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Whoa. Love the room. Toilet and all. What color is the paint on the frames??!

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! The bathroom looks great! I agree about the pedestal sinks. And the foot in the paint is hilarious!

Inspired Kara said...

I'm loving this color, very similar to my kitchen.

I'm also loving this scrap paper as art deal. My obsession continues....

Madison Envy said...

So, So Cute!

Carry Grace said...

Love the color. I'm marking this for future reference when I need to paint something.

I can't quit laughing about you stepping in the paint. Too Funny!

Amy Jo said...

I've totally stepped in a paint bucket too. Isn't it a horrible feeling? There's just no quick fix, because you can't really walk anywhere to wash it off. I hate painting, but just painted a bathroom and our guest room in the past 2 weeks. I don't hate the end result, and I'm too cheap to hire out!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Sorry about your shoe, but your bathroom looks fabulous! Love the colors!

Lauren and Justin said...

YOUR BIRKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-O

Kimba said...

Since so many of you commented on the birks, I thought I should tell you that most of the paint came off. Thank goodness!

But the whole thing was rather funny. After it happened, I stood on the chair yelling for my hubby to get the camera. It was just too ridiculous to not share with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I have a pedestal sink too, but I'm looking for a group of baskets to put in the corner for storage. They are pretty though. Love the color!

Anonymous said...

Kimba, that wall color is perfection! I SO would have picked out that color. It makes your plain bathroom look amazing.

Oh, and I was so excited to see your box on the back of your potty. I have one too, and since you have one I must be doing something right. ;)

Love the painters shoes. Looks like a shopping trip is in order.

-- Brandi

Ashley said...

OMG! Did you really just dip your Birks into paint?!?!?! Hahaha!!! Sometimes you just have to laugh, right? Wow! But your bathroom looks beautiful!

bloggin' Chrystal said...

Could I possibly get some more inspirations HERE....! Lady...if I loose my job over skipping work to paint...I'm gonna come find you...LOL! By the way...OH please tell me how in the world you had a camera in your hand to get that shot of your foot in the paint? I thought I was attached to my camera...apparently you've won that award too! Beautiful powder room...LOVE IT!

Katie said...

Awesome, your foot cracked me up!!

queenbee said...

Kimba,

The color is really pretty, I may have to steal it. Take a look at the pictures I posted of my house and let me get your expert opinion.

sassy seamstress said...

your bathroom looks great!

Nicole said...

Your bathroom looks great. Yeah, I'm a messy painter too, I have a whole wardrobe of paint clothes.

Laurie and Chris said...

Love the new color of your bathroom. Also love the prints.

Sandy said...

I'm messy too.
Love the colors! Stunning w/black.

Lettered Cottage said...

Laughed OUT LOUD when I saw the picture of your foot in the paint!

SOOOO FUNNY!

Layla

PS...I'm having a interactive giveaway over at my blog- DYING to hear your story!

Anna said...

It is FABulous!!! Love it!!

Sarah Kate said...

I absolutely adore the color. I have to tell you that your blogs was one of the first ones I began reading even before I started my own blog. Your taste is almost exactly like mine. I am glad the paint came off your berks.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

wow! I love that color!! Really beautiful! And I am the same way. I get paint EVERYWHERE!!

Kelly said...

Oh, so nice to see someone else is a messy painter! I can fully relate. The bathroom looks great. Love the scrapbook paper!

Meg said...

I found your blog through a friends blog and am I glad I did! I also have an unframed mirror in my bathroom... well, no more! I'm going to start hunting down a framed mirror. Thanks for the inspiration! Too bad about the shoe haha!

Deborah said...

I LOVE it so much! I wish you could come and fix my bathroom :)

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I love that color! I need to find towels that color of green...where would I go look for them?

The photo of your Birk is hilarious! I've very nearly done that...I've always wondered if the paint would come off if I had done that.

You have a lovely home!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Gorgeous color,lovely redo. I'm very impressed with your ability to make old things look new again. :-)

Amanda said...

What a fabulous color and black accents. I'm lovin' every bit of it. Glad almost all of the paint came off your shoes. :-)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love this color! It looks like it would be very easy to live with and decorate around. I'll have to mark that down for future reference.

I'm a messy painter, too. My husband usually yanks the roller and brush away from me halfway through a room and insists on doing the rest himself. In other words, my incompetence is really working for me! -Julia ;-)

Anonymous said...

When can you come to my house? Your bathroom painting project made such a difference! I've gotten so far as to pick up a big handful of paint chips, but they're just sitting on my counter awaiting a decision.
Thanks for some inspiration!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Wow, beautiful transformation. It's amazing what a little colour can do, isn't it? I got a real giggle out of the painted foot photo. You wear green well.

New visitor through I Am Me. Nice blog.
Blessings,
Carolynn (Christian) :o)

Kim said...

Hi Kimba, so I just found your blog and I love it! On this post, you have 3 black frames which were formally brown. What was the process you went through to paint them black? I currently have a brown frame I'd like to spray paint another color. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!