I have been coveting a set of botanical prints for ages. You know, like these...
LOVE THEM! But they're way to spendy for me. Somewhere between $250-$500 for a set. GAH! Not happening!
So I thinked. And I thunked. And then it came to me. CLIP ART!
I found this set on Amazonfor less than $12, but I'll bet you could find great free clip art online. I could totally justify the purchase because I'll use these over and over. I'm thinking about wallpapering the garage with botanical prints.
Then I picked out some drawings that I liked. I went with leaves because it's fall. Then I loaded the ones that I liked into my graphics program (you graphic designer-type people should look away now). I loaded them into Microsoft Word. Shhhhhhh... And resized them to fit the openings in my frames.
Then printed them off on vellum paper which looked much better than printing them on regular paper. I tried lots of different types of paper till I found a look that I liked. Then I put a piece of dark brown scrapbook paper behind the vellum to give it some depth of color and framed it.
Super cheap and super easy! The frames were a bit of a splurge but they were on clearance at Target. I think the best part is that when I get tired of the leaves, I can change them out to something else. I am just thrilled with how this project came out.