31 December 2008

ASPTL Year in Review



It's hard to believe that I only started this blog in April. In that short period of time, I've been blown away by the new friends that I've met...both bloggy and real life. It has been a true joy getting to know you and sharing a bit of my life with you.

In the spirit of still being in my jammies at 11:00am, here are a few of my greatest hits (in my opinion) from 2008.

Happy New Year!



A bit of inspiration for spring


A girly furniture rehab project


Dreaming of summer




Make your own botanical prints



Furniture Rehab tutorials:
101 - Painting a kitchen chair
201 - Recovering and painting a piano bench
301 - Distressing chairs
401 - A BIG piece


post signature

55 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what you have in store!

Unknown said...

I have really been enjoying your blog and look forward to more good stuff in 2009! Happy New Year!

Valarie Lea said...

Wow only since April!!!

I am so very glad that I found you blog, you are a true inspiration and the reason I got a hand held sander of my very own for Christmas. :)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I look forward to the next year of inspiring projects. I have a give away going on at my blog for my 100th post. Hop on over and enter. Happy New Year!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ahhh, I can't wait for flowers, bright fresh colors, warmth.....

Susan said...

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and Happy 2009 to you and yours!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh yes, you have nailed a few of them...you have many more that are truly thee best. :)
Our Blissdom count down officially begins tonight when the ball drops. :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Happy New Year, Soft Place to Land!!!
Can't wait to see where your blog goes in 2009!

-sandy toes

Christi said...

Happy New Year, Kimba! I've so enjoyed your blog this year & can't wait to see what's in store for 2009!

Framed by Grace said...

Happy New Year! I am so glad I found your blog..can't wait to see what comes in 2009!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I can't believe you've only been blogging since April, either! Wow! You've come a long way in a short amount of time. Congratulations on all of your blog success. Looking forward to reading your blog in 2009. Happy New Year, Kimba!! :-)

Sandy said...

happy new yr, kimba! and a great 2009 ahead for you ...

Meghan said...

I am so thankful I found your blog. You are such an inspiration to me & my decorating fantasies. Sadly, I live with all men whose idea of decorating is putting up a Steelers banner on the back of our front door & an 11x14 framed pic of our dirt modified race car in my living room.....I redelegated that to the stairwell.
Sigh.
One day, one day I will have a beautiful home!!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to all your new goodies in 2009! You are so much fun! Have a Happy New Year Kimba!!!

I Heart Faces said...

Happy New Year! I'll have fun loooking through your projects.

Looking forward to meeting you at Blissdom. I'm all signed up! Yippee:-)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Whoops! I was signed into my Faces account. That was me who commented about Blissdom:-) Speaking of... have you been to my new photography sharing web site? I hope you'll join in on the fun and help us spread the word:-)

http://iheartfaces.blogspot.com

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

I have truly been inspired by your creativity. I also enjoy your humor and honesty. Happy New Year!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I puffy heart you rblog! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for 09!
Happy New Year!

Cassie said...

Happy New Year!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kimba, I can't believe you've only been blogging since April either! You're a natural. I've so enjoyed seeing all your projects that you have shared & I've done quite a few myself. I'm doing a 2008 Project recap next Wednesday, so I hope you'll come over & participate. Just link up this post & you'll be all set.

Can't wait til Blissdom either! what fun, what fun.

southerninspiration said...

Add me to the list of surprisees....is that a word? that didn't realize you only began your blog in April...You're indeed a natural! Keep up the great bloggy work.
Love your posts and creativity and transparency.
Suzanne

Amber Filkins said...

I, also, cannot believe you've only had your blog since April. I think I've had mine a little less time than that, but I've only been routine in the last few months.

Anyways, congrats, and Happy New Year!!

I wish I could go to Blissdom!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Happy New Year Kimba!! I have loved your blog from the start and cant wait to see what the next year holds!! :)

Suzann said...

Happy New Year to YOU. How exciting to see what 2009 has in store.

roseroomnz.com said...

Happy New Year Kimba! Rachaelxo

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to ya Miss Kimba and where can I order some of those shirts.... love em'

Aimee Larsen said...

Thanks for all the great posts so far! I hope you have a happy and healthy and safe New Year!

Our Complete Family said...

Happy almost 2009!
Cheers~ Les

Runner Mom said...

Happy New Year, Kimba! So glad that I read Lysa's blog when she told us about you! What a blessing you are! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Susan

duchess said...

Happy New Year, Kimba.
Did you realize you're right at 200posts??

Aimee Larsen said...

Yippee! It's 2009...Keep up the Good work girl!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Happy Happy new year to you friend! So glad you started blogging, looking forward to 2009 and all the inspiration you give!

Blessings in 09!
Melissa

Southern Fried Gal said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to 2009! Wow - only blogging since April - how inspiring! Any tips for the newbies?

Wendy said...

Happy New Year Kimba! So glad we've been able to "meet" through Blogland! I'm looking forward to this New Year and everything you have in store!

Lucy Mills said...

happy new year :)

Brenda said...

Happy New Year! I just started Blogging a couple of weeks ago, and your blog is one of my favorites to follow!

My First Kitchen said...

You have just taken the decorating blog world by storm!! I hope you have a fabulous New Years, and I'm looking forward to coming back for lots of spray paint inspiration. :)

Heathahlee said...

I hope you know how much we all love you, Kimba girl. I heart you bunches! : )

I am Mom said...

I love your inspiration for all things home, but my vote for your best of would include the times you stop and say/remind us that "Jesus is all that matters" :) happy '09

Virginia said...

I hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be. I wish you and your family a wonderful new year full of joy, peace, health, happiness, success and prosperity and all God's love.
Virginia :)

Lana said...

I enjoy your blog so much and have enjoyed all of these inspirations so much!

Jennifer said...

A very Happy New Year....looking forward to blogging in 2009!

Cricket said...

I LOVED the seashell garland. I might get around to making myself one of those soon. Happy New Year!

Tamara Jansen said...

Happy New Year, Kimba and family! Wishing you many blessings in 2009.

Heathahlee said...

I know I've already commented, but as I was writing MY recap (I'm such a copycat), I was going through some old posts and found the first comment you left for me! It made me all nostalgic and stuff. : )

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

It's been so much fun reading your blog this past year! Here's wishing you a Blessed New Year and 2009! :)

Anonymous said...

Have I told you how much I enjoy your furniture fixes, trash to treasure, new paint jobs and all that jazz? Well I do, so keep it coming and inspiring all of us in 2009.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Our Story said...

Love the pink chair with toile...so very girly! Happy New Years! I just started reading your blog and am loving all your great advise and projects.

Decor To Adore said...

What amazing transformations ~ well done ~ thunderous applause from Phoenix!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kimba, I know I've seen every single one of your projects & they are fantastic. It's been SO fun to get to know you this past year & I look forward to meeting you a the conference, roomie! Our room is gonna have some fun!

Rue said...

Hi Kimba :)

You started a month after I did! I keep thinking I should join SITS like you did, but I can barely handle the comments that I have LOL

Your projects have always been great :)

Happy New Year,
rue

Lamp Tramp said...

Great ideas, Kimba! I so want that girly chair!

Anonymous said...

Great Kimba!!!
What a fun party:)
Wonderful projects you shared!
Have a wonderful evening,

KayEllen

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

hey girl, love all your creative inspiration! And that dresser you did is magnificent!

sandra/tx said...

Great projects. I'm looking forward to seeing more.