30 December 2008

All I Wanted for Christmas...

Last week, I shared some decorating inspiration from my side of the family with my mom's Christmas trees. This week, let's take a quick look at the creative juices that flow from The Hubster's side of the family.



My in-laws discovered the existence of my blog while we were vacationing together this summer. My darling niece insisted on knowing what I was doing on the computer in the afternoons when my kiddos were asleep. There is now no end to the entertainment they receive from reading my musings.



I think they captured the essence of my blog perfectly. Some seashells, glitter, paint and big fake bird. They nailed it. In case you can't read it, the back says "A Work in Progres...". Thank goodness that they've copyrighted the design.



Clearly, The Hubster wasn't nearly as amused as I was.



Do you think there are merchandising possibilities here?



Many thanks to the 10 or so creative minds that designed and created our newest family heirloom.


post signature

28 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Every Day Blessings said...

Too Cute!!!

taratoons said...

How fun! It looks as if they may have used some spray paint on the Hubster's shirt! What a great gift!!

Decor To Adore said...

This is great!

Valarie Lea said...

Ya know you could have real T-shirts made like that (but maybe more two dimensionable) and give them out to advertise your blog!

Jean Martha said...

that is hysterical!!!

Mrs. L said...

Very cute.

Shilo said...

That is SO hilarious!

Angie Ochoa said...

Awwww, that's cute! Your shirt is too! :-) How fun!

Jennifer said...

:) those are great!!

and you and the hubster are a very atractive couple!! :)

great gifts!! :)

xoxoxo

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

That is so sweet that they care so much to make something personal! That is the ultimate gift in my book. Happy New Year!

southerninspiration said...

hmmmm,some stiff competition going on there.....haha. How cute, and I expect to hear more from this creative crew!
Suzanne

Holly said...

How funny! So far I've been able to keep my blog a secret from the inlaws...

Flor Larios Art said...

Cute t-shirts!

Betsy said...

What an adorable and clever gift.

Anonymous said...

Merchandising opportunities? I'd buy one of "The Hubster" t-shirts! I actually chuckled aloud, causing my very own "Hubster" to ask what I was up to.

Happy New Year ~ Eileen and the Beautiful Starry Girl

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ha! I LOVE it!! Copyright indeed. That is a true keeper. You will love it for years and years to come!

Happiest new year to you!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!

bloggin' Chrystal said...

This is precious! At least your family actually reads your blog. I'm happy for you!

Mom in High Heels said...

OMG, the hubs shirt with the six pack is cracking me up. What a wonderful family you have!

Angie said...

How cute!! My MIL loves reading my blog too, I have to remember to always say nice things about her (ha ha)

TidyMom said...

Those are too funny!!! What great gifts!!

~Tidymom

Shannon said...

That is hilarious and the back of your shirt is pretty creative! :)

the undomesticated wife said...

That is so clever and funny!

Unknown said...

I love it! I loveit when my blog gets brought up at family functions,lol.

Wendy said...

Those shirts are too funny! Love it!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kimba, how cute is that! Isn't it funny how strange it feels when family members read your blog? I have to just shut it out sometimes, LOL.

Those shirts are adorable! Looking forward to meeting you in Feb....roomie!

Heathahlee said...

That is so cute! You can tell your family loves you very much!

I hope you had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Amber said...

Ha! That is funny in a you're-very-loved kind of way! :) The best part is that they probably had a ton of fun making those creative gifts. And, I bet there were tons of laughs when you opened them. I love Christmas' with a little humor mixed in!