14 December 2008

Love Me Some Parties!

Only in blogland can we attend two parties at the same time! I love it!

First we'll swing by Boo Mama's 2008 Holiday Tour of Homes.

BooMamaChristmasTour



And then we'll stop by Julia's Hooked on Holiday House Tour.



For my regular readers, today will be a bit of a re-run. I've been blabbering on and on about my Christmas projects for two weeks now, so here are some of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on how you look at it).



I love wreaths! I can't help myself! Give me a glue gun, some gum wrappers, toothpicks, and plastic spoons and I'll give you a wreath. More details here and here.



For me, Christmas decorating begins with the fireplace mantle. Here's mine. If you want to read the whole sordid story (where I fall flat on my back), you can click here and here.



I got my hands on the biggest pine cones known to man. They needed glitter.



And then look! They had babies! These little guys were made using the same Modge Podge glitter technique. Apparently, the big ones are kind of like bunnies because I have these little ones everywhere.



Gotta have a tree, right?



And a reminder of why I'm doing all of this decorating.



Is it just me or is the proportion of Wise Man to camel off here? No way did that Wise Man ride in on that camel.



If you still have some energy for a party, stop by tomorrow and link up to my Open House. There will be prizes!

Since I've written this post, I've found out about 4 (yes, 4) more great parties to swing by. Thrify Decor Chick, Rhoda at Southern Hospitality, We Are THAT Family and a cookie exchange at Cottage Magpie. Whew! I'm exhausted! :-)

post signature

49 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

emily freeman said...

Looks great, Kimba! I love it all!

Chris said...

That poor camel! :) Looks wonderful, Kimba!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

HA! I'm having a party too! You are so right, this is awesome, we can attend all in ONE night!! :) Your "they had babies" comment cracked me UP. Everything is beautiful, as always. :)

Caren said...

Looking good Kimba! I'll be attending your party on Tuesday and possibly the other parties on Monday if I can get my act together! See you then.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Hey Kimba, I put your button over on my post.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Thanks for the shout-out about my party today, Kimba. I will definitely save enough energy to join yours tomorrow, as well! :-)

angela | the painted house said...

I had to smile when I saw you sprinkling glitter on those pinecones because it reminded me of my first married Christmas when I campaigned for a little budget to purchase some Christmas tree decorations. Part of which was white glitter that I sprinkled on pinecones my new mother-in-law had given me. I still pull those pinecones out every year and put them somewhere--after 13!

Beautiful home, Kimba!

jennwa said...

Very pretty!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Love those pinecones! Wish I knew where I could "steal" some real ones to glitter! ;) Thank you for the tour!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I think we follow each other on Twitter, but this is my first visit to your blog (don't know how that happened). WOW - had no idea about all those parties!! Fun, fun, fun.

Although, I guess I'll have to check them out tomorrow because I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

Jennifer P. said...

woo-hoo! I have been terribly pre-occupied with school and vacationing, so now that my time is mostly my own again, I needed a good "catch up!" You are a wreath-creating, garland hanging genius :)! And the pinecones were for sure my favorite (that and your hubby wearing the nylon tunnel :)!)

Mom in High Heels said...

Kimba, you are so funny! I love your comment about the glue gun, gum wrappers, and plastic spoons. I just did a post over on my blog called Holiday Wreath, McGuyver Style. You should check it out!

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE your tree! Well, I love all your stuff but I LOVE your tree!

And I have a funny story about a camel...

TidyMom said...

It all looks so beautiful!!

My party dress is going to get LOTS of wear this season isn't it!! I'm already getting light headed from all the party cocktails!!

Merry Christmas!
~Tidymom

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks for the mention, Kimba! All your Christmas decor looks SO pretty. I'll come back and join your party tomorrow. Hope all your readers will come on by my house too!

angela | the painted house said...

Hey, Kimba, I have a Christmas party tonight. Could I pretty-please borrow your earrings and sweater?

(you are a silly girl!)

paintergal said...

Love the mantel! Exquisite.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Kimba, I love everything! So beautiful. Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love your Nativity Scene. I am trying to start a collection of them and enjoy seeing so many beautiful types :-)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You are a party kind of girl - looks beautiful!

Shannon said...

Everything looks great!

Melissa Martin said...

Looks beautiful! I love those giant pinecones.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Kimba, Thanks so much for providing the links! and your home looks so so beautiful too! I love all your pictures, you give such wonderful inspiration always!!

Hugs and Happy Holidays, Cynthia

Anonymous said...

The pinecones are very cool - as is your whole house! Thanks for having me over, and have a wonderful Christmas!
PS - I love the name of your blog :)

Jami said...

LOVE the pinecones and your mantle! Beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely Kimba! That garland is beautiful! I'll definitely come by tomorrow.

Manuela

Leigh Ann said...

Love the pinecones and your blog!
Merry Christmas!
Leigh Ann

Carrie said...

Wa-hoo! I'm excited to link up tomorrow on your party!

I came over from Kendra at My Insanity.

The Blonde Duck said...

Don't you love blog parties? Your tour looks fabulous!

Kimba said...

Your home is beautiful! And you have a great name. It's always fun to find another Kimba. There aren't too many of us out there! Have a very blessed Holiday Season.

Anonymous said...

The garland and red star combo is just beautiful!

Happy Christmas :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Oh, Kimba...Love the glittery pinecones!! I'll be back tomorrow...

:-) Laura

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very pretty!!! How fun a party!! Love parties..I will bring a dip:)!
-sandy toes

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Well, girl, You SHOULD be exhausted.

Gorgeous...every morsel!

Allison said...

Love all the touches! Thanks for inviting us in!

Lulu and Co. said...

Your tree is dreamy. Still loving your Huge pine cones. Your home is a real treat! Love visiting...
Merry Christmas,
LuLu

sandra/tx said...

What fun! Thanks for the great tour.

Anonymous said...

Love your tree, the stars, and those two pinecones on the door!!! And I'm looking forward to joining your party on Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Wow...a great tour. My favorite is your Nativity!

Hopechest Bride said...

Beautiful Decorations. Love the mantle. I want "Big Pincones" too....lol
Lisa

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun, I'm fairly new to Blogland and I have had a blast meeting all the people here. Thank you so much for hosting this Open House. I love how you have decorated your home. I love those pine cones.Thank you for inviting me.

Hugs,
Chris

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Love the red stars. I'm sort of a star freak myself. My christmas tree can't have enough stars!

JudyBug said...

Hmm, I think the camel may be okay. ;-)

Everything is just beautiful. Love it all!

Suzann said...

I love everything! Your mantel looks spectacular.

Blogger said...

Lots of parties, so fun! Your tree is gorgeous!

Bella

Anonymous said...

Fun party! I love the pine cone swag on the door. I tried my hand at "natural" decorating this year, and I wish I had found some pine cones that size! I opted not to glitter mine because of the mess i would probably make, but mod podge is a great idea...might try next year.

Amydeanne said...

beautiful! we have a similar nativity set! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

You've used pine cones better than anyone else on this tour - - - and I've been to all the homes from 1 - you.

Merry Christmas and thanks for inviting me.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home! I love the use of hurricane lamps and ornaments.