12 December 2008

Quick Wreath Makeover

I've had this wreath in my stash for a couple of years. It's perfectly serviceable and not one would have blinked an eye if I hung it up as-is. But is just wasn't working for me.



Some extra pine boughs, more pine cones and a few feathers.



Much better, I think.



Are you getting ready for my Open House on Tuesday? I'm so excited! I can't wait to see all of your holiday goodness!







post signature

49 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Heathahlee said...

Am I number one? Doin' the happy dance! :)

Heathahlee said...

Oh, and your wreath is beautiful. But I had to think about myself first. Hee hee hee.

Lady Farmer said...

I thought~first photo~hey,so what's wrong with it? Your finished photo~I agree, you made it much better. I love the extra pine cones and especially the pheasant feathers! Wanna come do one for me? :~}

Unknown said...

You have that special touch - it's lovely! I am still deciding what to do for the Open House, but planning on "coming over"!

Southern Charm said...

Great job!! Love the changes.

Shell in your Pocket said...

So pretty...I love a Great Wreath!
-sandy toes

Tonya said...

WOW! I thought it was alright in the beginning, but after seeing the after picture, you blew me away!

angi_b72 said...

wow...taht really perked that wreath up! Looks great!

CMB said...

Love what you did to the wreath...feathers make everything better!

Anonymous said...

Very nice except for the feathers... they're just not speaking to me for some reason. Not sure what it is... maybe they are too long.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

southerninspiration said...

Um,hum......that gives you that "aaahhhhhhhh" feeling--that it is soooo much better now! Love it!
Suzanne

Chris said...

I think feathers can fix anything. Burn your casserole? Stick a feather in it. Bad hair day? Pull it up with a feather. It's beautiful!

The Writer Chic said...

Another home run!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh it is indeed lovelier!

Anonymous said...

Much better! Your wreath is beautiful!

Trixi said...

Cute as a button!!

Wendy said...

Amazing what a few feather and pine cones can do! Looks beautiful!

Linda said...

I love the feathers in the wreath...really nice touch.

Unknown said...

It definitely looks better. Much more lush and luxurious!

Sam said...

That looks great, much better than my wreath makeover: http://alivedinlife.blogspot.com/2008/12/merry-wreath-makeover.html :)

Erika said...

Oh! At first I thought the top picture was the after photo, but after I scrolled down and saw the real after picture I was amazed!! You'll see my "unwreath" next week!!

SmilingSally said...

Wow! What a difference!

Amy said...

I can't believe what a difference the feathers made! Simply stunning.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

The wreath is much better with the extras. I love a full wreath, not wimpy ones!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

That is SO much better! Love it. I've got a little wreath project I want to do myself.

I'll come over & join your party on Tuesday. I'm doing a home tour party on Monday too, so hope you'll come over and add your link. I'm not really advertising it much in advance, but I think we'll have a few participating.

the undomesticated wife said...

lovely wreath!

Caren said...

Definitely looks better. It needed some additions for sure.

Thanks for making your open house on Tuesday instead of Monday. I want to participate but can never get my act together for Monday "events". See you then!

Amanda said...

LOVE the monster pine cones AND the wreath re-do! you always do such a great job! and I cant wait to link up to your holiday bloggy post.

Emily said...

Looks great! You always do that to everything!

Cassie said...

That looks great! What is it about pheasant feathers that makes everything so pretty?!

Amber Filkins said...

It's pretty!

Jennifer said...

this is beautiful. you did a great job with it. :)

sorry i haven't been around... i tried to update my page with a new background and lost all my links. but thankfully i found this new blog that I LOVE ~ Andrea and she had you linked today!! so i came here a little copying and pasting later and I have added to my blogroll again!! yay!!

xoxoxo

Beth at Aunties said...

Your wreath is gorgeous. You inspired me to redo my garland...
I am glad to know aout the open House and will ahve to get a post ready:)

beth

Raise Them Up said...

It looks lovely! Where, by the way, did you get all the feathers. Just out of curiosity...

Katy said...

Wreaths are wonderful! I'm liking your big honkin pinecones below as well.......they are on steroids for sure, or maybe protein injected.

Kit said...

Beautiful wreath! I'm Kathy from kathysfunnyfarm.blogspot.com and I found you when I was clicking through blogs I like. I'll add your open house button to my blog. Come by and see me. Merry Christmas!

Trudi said...

You have such a beautiful home. I've been reading your blog for a couple of months but have not left a comment. I've started a new blog with trepidation, I guess I'm going to do the open house. Love your decoating style.

Trudi said...

oops ment to tell you I love the feathers. I have never decorated with them. May have to try. I don't have a matel in my current home. Where else would you put a big fluffy garland?

Lana said...

I love it! It really adds a lot to it!

Inspired Kara said...

Oh Kimba- you just never disappoint. I love the feather trend. I don't see me getting over it anytime soon.

I have a cute wreath project over at my blog today too!!!

Steph said...

It was pretty before, but now it's stunning. Great makeover.

Lady Dorothy said...

I just love all the feathers I'm seeing around blogland. I am going to have to get me some!

Your wreath is now stunning!

Anonymous said...

wow! I love the wreath makeover. It looks gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Kimba,
The wreath looks great! I love your new additions.
diane

Pretty Organizer said...

Kimba, You're the pinecone feather foo foo queen! I want your wreath AND your tassles! What a fabulous creat'n lady. How on earth does anyone keep up with you?

Went to Walmart and said hello to Ms. Stewarts glitter. Now I have to come up with a project to use that white multi-pack on. LOVE it! Maybe I'll just sprinkle some on my walls so no one will notice the fingerprints when they come for Christmas. Instead it will look like Tinkerbell visited. I wish the darn pixie dust would magically clean my house!

Love ya! Have a great weekend.
Pretty Organizer

Karol said...

Absolutely stunning.

Karol :0)

Rachael Black said...

Great make-over on your wreath. Very classy. I'm having a GIVEAWAY. Come on over and win a beautiful frame!! Odetocreativity.blogspot.com!! Tell your friends!

jill said...

Great make over! I bought a simple Christmas wreath this year and changed it up for Thanksgiving and now will get it ready for Christmas. Enjoy the season!

Suzann said...

Perhaps I can persuade you to come to my house to make over some of my stuff. ????

The wreath looks awesome!