05 October 2009

Fall Mantle

Sigh. I love the transition from the clean simplicity of summer to the lush, warm beauty of fall.

The greenery (or should I say fall-ery) on my mantle began it's life as a garland that I found on clearance. I don't usually use fake garlands (unless it's Christmas) but this one looks so real that I love it!

I cut it in half and used one piece on each side of the mirror. There are two 3M Command Hooks on the mantle behind the mirror. The ends of the garland are wired to the hooks to hold them in place.

A bunch of pinecones filling my favorite lanterns.

And some candles to light up one of my easy DIY botanical prints.



More fall mantles:
The Start of my Fall Decor @ Pewter & Sage
Fall Mantle Makeover @ Blue Cricket Design
Autumn Mantle @ French Garden Farmhouse
Autumn Mantle Decorations @ Classy & Sophisticated
Fall Mantle @ Life is So Delicious

Don't forget! DIY Day starts at 10pm (eastern time) tonight! And you can still enter our giveaway from Rondo Room.

60 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Great minds think alike? I have my Fall Mantle scheduled for tomorrow :)

Lynn Kellan said...

VERY pretty. Now I will try to make my mantle look like yours...

Design A-Peele said...

looks great! I'll have to go find some soon!

Anonymous said...

Your mantle looks fantastic. Don't you just love Fallness?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Tuscan Home said...

Lovely job! I love the colors in the garland and it does look real. A+++ well done!

Happy Fall!

Liz =)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful Kimba! I love the pinecones in the lanterns. \ Have an awesome Monday!
pk @ room remix

Hello said...

Looks great. Love the lanterns on either side. I just decorated mine. I love Pewter and Sage's mantles. She does such a great job for every season.

Laryssa Herbert said...

Wonderful job Kimba! So lovely. :-)

Leigh said...

OK - I am not one to change my mantle for each season - I have my year-round look, and then my Christmas mantle... but yours is so classic and clean - I love it! I'm inspired!

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE the Fall leaves!!
Have a super week ~~

xo Laura

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

First off your fireplace is SO beautiful! I love how you decorated this space. I'm also happy to see I'm not the only one that will combine silver and gold together! (I used to always think you couldn't). TWO THUMBS WAY UP!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Totally beautiful - I love the garland, it's so lush and pretty.

Tara said...

So pretty!

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Hi Kimba! Your mantle looks beautiful. You're right, those leaves leaves look so realistic. When I first saw the photo I thought- where does she live that the leaves have turned already?

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Looks great! Simple, pretty, classy.

southerninspiration said...

Your fireplace = gorgeous.....love the stone, and those lanterns that used to be green are fabulous!! ;)

Suzanne

Unknown said...

How beautiful. I'll have to get some fall decorating done in our apartment.

Beth said...

Beautiful! I love fall.

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Unknown said...

I've been fall fluffing for days now, and I'm moving to the mantle soon. I love the simplicity of yours, it's very pretty!

Brandy said...

I'm loving it!!! Check out my mantle!

Amy said...

Ok, now come over and do mine.

Signing Out said...

Gorgeous mantel! I love the pinecones in the lanterns. Those leaf garlands do look real, too.

Jane

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Beautiful, kimba! It really looks inviting.

arkie said...

Loved your mantle! Thanks for the links to see the other mantles!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thank looks great! I really like the way you used one garland and put it on either side of your mantel.

Lettered Cottage said...

GORGEOUS as always Miss Kimba!
We've got so much BACKDROP work to do on this place, I don't get to do much seasonal decorating. Oh well, I'll live vicariously through you! :-)

layla

Sarah said...

It looks gorgeous, Kimba!! I'm such a sucker for lanterns...I love them with the pinecones, great idea. I'm with ya on the fake garlands, but that one is definitely a step up, love the color and texture and fullness of it. So glad you brought out one of your DIY botanicals, it looks so good there! Gasp! Thanks for including me in your mantel list!!! You're the best, have a great Monday:)

A Southern Rose said...

Very pretty! I love the fall colors.

Insomniac Mummy said...

Very pretty.

I love autumn. Feels all warm and rich and cosy.

Makes me want to drink hot chocolate and snuggle under a blanket reading a good book.

:)

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Perfect timing for this post. I'm in the process of installing a mantle and trying to decorate it. I've never had a mantle to decorate so its nice to see what other people do with it. They all look great!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Simple and pretty!

I'm with you on the garland. I used some on my mantle as well and went way more over the top than I usually do! I even got outside myself by not going symmetrical! Love it!

Ellen said...

This is awesome. I would so do this if my decorating budget was not currently taking a backseat to our trip budget. Instead, I just put out my little fake pumpkins and my fall wreath today. =) I will be looking for one of these garlands on clearance to implement this idea later!

Mombrud said...

Your rock fireplace and mantle are just like the ones in my new house! Love what you did with it!

Sandy said...

Hi Kimba! Love your mantle and I just love Fall! Except the cold came to fast here - we're all freezing! :)

Happy Monday, friend!

Roeshel said...

Beautiful! I love your lantern filled with pinecones. Great job as usual! I just decorated my mantel last week - stop by to see it in Fall Festival #4 if you get the time. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Roeshel

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So beautiful and earthy Kimba!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

lovesss it! i can't decorate my mantle cos my hubby installed his flat screen above it. i will have to decorate in front of the fireplace :D

Becky Brocato said...

Yes, the fall is so calming, but with some spice! Love the mantle, beautiful job!

Georgia Girl said...

Love your fall mantle Kimba! Simple but so cute!

Have a great week!

Ashley Schott said...

I love, love, love it! I love the picture of leaves, the garland, the pumpkins... It's all so pretty.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kimba...

What a gorgeous fireplace and it's all dressed up in its fall finery...so pretty!!! I love your new autumn leaves garland...the perfect touch for your autumn mantle! I also love how you leaned the mirror and pretty autumn leaf picture against the wall of the mantle...really pretty! Ohhh...and can't forget the pretty lanterns filled with pinecones!!! I love your beautiful autumn look, my friend!!!

Warmest wishes and Happy Fall!
Chari@Happy To Design

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

This looks great! You really rosked that leaf garland!!! Love it!

Katy said...

beauty!!!!!!!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Kimba,
Loved your mantel, very beautiful
yet simple and elegant. You did a great job on balance as well.
Love your blog girlie, it's always fun.
Thanks for sharing,
blessings, Nellie

Willo said...

I LOVE the garland! You are right, it looks so real!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Gorgeous Kimba! Love the pinecones in the lanterns. I'm going to have to bring mine in from the deck to do something fun with them.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Lovely, Kimba! :) Your pretty mantel inspired me to haul myself up to the attic to FINALLY get the Fall decorations down. :) Now I'll have something to post about tonight!

grannyann said...

Love your Fall decorations.

Connie said...

I love a good mantle. Fall faux leaves are my favorite things to decorate with!

Sherri said...

LOVE it! And I love that you used pine cones in the lanterns.

Unknown said...

REally pretty. I had my outside pumpkin, croton, mum scene set only to come home after being away all weekend and find that the better part of it had been eaten by our "resident" groundhog! I think I'm heading out to buy some of your "fake." Perhaps he/she won't have an appetite for it:)

Richella Parham said...

I have to admit that I'm a little jealous of your ability to change your mantle for the seasons. I'm such a stick-in-the-mud. I change my mantle for Christmas, but that's about it. I guess what I'm jealous of is your ability not to be a stick-in-the-mud.

Anyway, my jealousy aside, I must say that this looks wonderful. I love the way you've layered things. And I really like that you filled the lanterns with pine cones and then lit the small candles. Unexpected, and very pretty. Thanks for the inspiration!

Aura said...

My favorite thing to decorate it my mantle! I just stuffed mine full of fall goodies and I love it.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

As much as I love our little house (when I'm not hating it) - I really wish we had a fireplace!

Marcy Tate said...

Kimba, I love your fall mantle designs! So beautiful. View some more mantle ideas for the year-round at my site http://www.networx.com/article/make-the-most-of-your-mantel

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Very nice! I love how that can last from October to November. I've been looking for pretty fall decorating photos, I'll be linking to this.

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Very nice!

Unknown said...

That looks so cozy!