04 October 2009

Sunday Morning


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Matthew 11: 28-30

photo credit: DaDaAce via flickr

12 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Mama Byrd said...

You come up with some of the pretiest pictures for your Sunday post. I've printed a few and framed them for decor in my new home. They turn out very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and thank you for the great reminder from scripture. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Debbie Petras said...

This is the perfect Scripture for me today; thank you Kimba. And the photo was beautiful. Happy Sunday to you.

Southern Fried Gal said...

What a beautiful promise - why do we forget to just come to Him?

randee said...

i look forward each week to what photo & scripture you will share with us.

thank you for doing so -

blessings -

randee

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

thank you for a perfect reminder this sunday morning!

Meredith said...

Beautiful! I love this verse--my H's band has a song that's based on this verse, and I always find myself singing it in my head until I fall asleep!

Marie said...

Hello sweet Kimba - thank you for this reminder. I needed it today. I almost didn't leave a comment, but wanted you to know how much it touched my heart. You never know who might be reading your special Sunday posts and need a lift. My 19 yr old son had his first heartbreak. As a Mom I just want to fix things and make the pain go away. Baking him some chocolate chip cookies won't do the trick this time. My heart has been heavy for him.
You have truly provided me "a soft place to land" today.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Heather said...

Love this verse!! I love this photo!!

Jenn said...

Beautiful photo & scripture! Thanks for sharing it!

2sisters said...

Beautiful picture and scripture. Thanks for sharing!
Teri

Jennifer said...

This is one of the verses I read over and over when I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer in May of this year and it gave me such comfort - this is a lovely and comforting blog - thank you - God held me in His hands in so many ways through my recovery and made it all so much easier than I ever dreamed but continually prayed for. Jennifer