02 June 2009

Milestones Missed



Ever alert and vigilant...that's me. (She says, laced with sarcasm.)

It has recently come to my attention that I have blown right by several blogging milestones with nary a mention. (I've always wanted to say "nary" on my blog.)

First was my 1-year blogiversary on April 23rd. I never even noticed. When I started this little project, I had no idea that I would meet so many incredible women and make such wonderful connections. If you're just dying to read my first post, click here.

The next milestone that I missed was my 300th post (not to mention #100 and #200) I believe that this post is #330. Good grief, I talk way too much. The Hubster can attest to that.

And just last night, I realized that sometime in the last few days I reached 1,000 followers on my blog! Seriously? I'm touched (and dumbfounded) that so many people would want to come and read my grammatically incorrect ramblings about spray paint and matters of the heart.

So, to all of you who stop by to visit, thank you!



photo credit: Zellaby via flickr

38 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

Congrats on all the milestones. I enjoy reading your blog daily.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Congrats! Love your blog!

Christy said...

Happy blogaversary (how exactly do you spell that made up word?) to you! I love reading your blog, and check it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Ok, if I'm being honest, I check it more than once a day. And hey, I'm a homeschooling mama of 6 girls, so time isn't exactly in plenty around here. :P Thanks for all the great inspiration!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Congrats! I love reading all your posts! Keep 'em coming! :)

Chablis said...

I am a horrible bloggy friend and I always stop by, but never comment. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better. But I love your blog. You're down to earth and honest and I love feeling connected to you even though you've never even heard of me. (Some people would consider that wierd)

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Kimba,

What a busy year you've had! I can't believe you are already at 330 posts! And 1000 followers? Girl! You've got in goin' on!

Amy

Valerie said...

Congrats on everything!!! Your blog is just great!

everydayMOM said...

Congratulations! That's really amazing. I've only been reading for a month or so and figured you had been around much longer. So, what's your tip for getting 1,000 followers in one year??

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't miss your blog for anything...well, maybe iced tea or chocolate, but I can have those and read your blog at the same time...PURE BLISS!!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Congrats on 1, 100, 200, 300, and 330. :) Your blog is an inspiration to me! :)

Unknown said...

Happy congratulations on your celebrations of the anniversaries! Whew!!

Pam said...

Congratulations on every milestone this year - missed or not! Looking forward to another wonderful year ahead.

XO, Pam

trish said...

Congratulations Kimba! Your blog is one of my top favorites! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Whitney Caroline Designs said...

Well a very Happy Belated 1st Birthday! And congratulations on all your wonderful posts and many admiring followers!!! WOW! Those are quite a lot of accomplishments in such a short amount of time!

Tiffany said...

Your blog is definitely a favorite of mine, and so many others, as is evident by your 1000 + followers. That is pretty serious! : ) Congratulations and Happy 1 year anniversary!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Congratulations on every wonderful milestone, Kimba! :) You're just so sweet and creative and, girl, you can wield a spray paint can like nobody's business!! No wonder you're so loved! Here's to many more posts to come from A Soft Place To Land!!!
Stacey

Unknown said...

Congrats! Those are all wonderful bloggy accomplishments! That 1000+ followers club is an elite one!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Congratulations! For not knowing what you were doing in that first blog post, it seems you've taken to blogging quite well. ;) I {heart} your blog! I love learning from you how to make both my home and my heart a soft place to land. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Well, happy blogiversary and 100th, 200th and 300th posts! I am in awe of you, thanks for inspiring the rest of us, your adoring fans!

Anonymous said...

It was fun for me to go back and read your very first post. I'm glad you ignored your reasons for not blogging and went ahead and did it, because I sure love ya! Even if you do forget about milestones.

Heathahlee said...

Yeah, I missed my bloggiversary (or whatever you want to call it), too. Happy All Those Things! : )

You mean a lot to me!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Congratulations!! You're on a roll!! :-)

kathy w. said...

Congrats! Keep posting.

J.J. said...

Congrats....when your blog title popped up in my reader..."milestones missed" I thought it might be about for getting a kids BDay a 10th wedding anniversary, or forgetting to photograph a kiddo in the first day of Kindergarten. (I have no idea how old you are so all of these things are actually possible in bloggy-land.) Hee hee.

Congrats to you! Wonderful blog....a real treasure :)

Southern Fried Gal said...

We are so glad you do this! Love your creativity and wit. Congratulations on your success and all the milestones!

Pretty Organizer said...

Hey Kimbers! Congrats... 1000 followers? Geesh girl... your a wonder blogger.

Hey, just did a post and thought of you because I posted a pic of a great spray paint can holder! Every garage needs one. Unfortunately, I think it would be an open invitation for my kids to do a little graffiti work at home...

Great job.... here's to year #2!

Chris said...

No, no. Thank YOU. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Thank YOU and congratulations!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Kimba,
Congratulations on #330 wasn't it!!
I love your blog, so keep up the good work!! I want to copy cat your sunday blog, think the pic and a scripture is a great idea you have there. Mind if I copy cat???
Congratulations on over a year now.
Thanks for all your sharing, so many enjoy it I am sure.
Blessings hon, Nellie

Suzann said...

Well, happy Everything!! : )
Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you - and please keep blogging! I am a retired senior citizen, and your blog is the reason I get up every day!!

Richella Parham said...

I'm thinking that perhaps you're so busy being the Kimba we love--making your home a soft place to land AND inspiring us so often--that you've had little time to do much else! I'm not one of the thousand people listed as followers; I've never actually signed up as a follower. But yours is one blog of which I've read Every.Single.Post. Every one. After I'd "discovered" your blog, I went back to the beginning and read through everything. And in the months since then, when I've had to miss a few days, I've always gone back and read whatever I missed. Because your blog is that good. So don't be surprised that you have so many followers; we hang on your every word!

Please stop by Imparting Grace (http://impartinggrace-richella.blogspot.com ) sometime if you ever have a minute. A visit from you is an honor.

Meanwhile, keep being yourself! We really appreciate you.

Unknown said...

congrats on all of it...better late than never...

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

Your blog has been great since the beginning!!! And I can attest to that!!! LOL!!!


Been there since the beginning...pretty much...LOL!

Congratulations! If I lived closer..I'd make you a cake.

So happy to see your blog doing well.

Susan from Pink Portuguese Roses

Tamara Jansen said...

Wow! It's because your such an amazing woman....no time to stop and smell the roses :)

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments!!!! You are awesome and I love visiting you every day.

Cynthia

Tara said...

Congrats.... speaking of mile stones...i too have missed them all ;o)

oh, hello friend. said...

stumbled across your blog through google search "painting wood furniture" -- absolutely love your blog. i think i have come through here before.

anyway, the SAME thing happened with my blog! my 1 year blog birthday was in may and i totally passed right over it. so i am celebrating with a big giveaway :)

will be stopping through again! thanks for all the inspiration!

xo.
danni
oh, hello friend.