23 April 2008

Why, oh why, am I blogging?

Hmmmm... Good question... At least I think so because I asked it.
I think the easier question to answer is why I shouldn't be blogging. So here goes...

Reason #1
I have NO idea what I'm doing. Truly no idea. I used to be a fairly tech-saavy kind of gal. When I was a part of the working world, I kept up to date with technology fairly easily. I mean, my last (paying) job was with an IT company for crying out loud. For the past four years, the sum total of my technology advancements have come from helping my four-year old learn how to play Wacky Zingoz on Webkinz.

I don't own a Bluetooth. My cell phone doesn't have a camera and is at least four-years old. Hmmmmm...Notice any connection? I don't own an iPod. I've never played Wii. No GPS system in our house. Well, I guess it would be in the car, but you get the idea.

Anyway, my point is that I'm such a baby when it comes to blogging. I've set up my Blogger account and that's about it. I know that I can learn but I feel like I'm so behind the times. If anyone happens to read this and wants to give me some suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear them.

Onto Reason #2
I live above the Mason-Dixon Line. It seems like every blog that I love to read is written by a chickie that lives in the South...The Carolinas, Texas, Georgia. Clearly that's where the most charming ladies live.

Reason #3
I'm WAY too late to the party. Apparently everyone in the known world has been blogging and reading blogs for years. :o

Anyway, enough of my silliness. Why exactly am I trying to do this? I think it's because I really want to be a part of this community. There are so many smart, talented, funny, charming women that I feel like I know because I read their blogs. Some of them have really inspired me. Maybe I can do the same for someone too.

6 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kim! Blogging is so much fun, and I don't know what I'm doing half the time either. And, I also live above the Mason Dixon line, in California no less! Yep, I agree, all the cool bloggers with the beautiful homes and the awesome garage sale finds live in the south! Oh well, we can still play along with the fun!

Stacy @ The Next-to-Nothing House said...

First of all, this site www.tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/ is a God send! I wanted a three column template, but had no idea how....it has easy directions for almost anything you could want to do on your blog.

Second....no problem with the Southern thing...we let everyone play :) You may not live here, but ya'll just have to come visit!

Tam said...

I just read this and laughed! That was me back in Sept. when one of my best buddies moved away and this blogging was a way to keep in touch. I live in GA lol but am from Virgnia! I also think part of my blogging was the fact that four years ago I left the working world and am a stay at home mom who is use to having a job and I also felt that I was getting behind with technology and all! lol I have a 4 yr son and a 2 yr old son....I noticed you are a MOM to boys also....living in a all boys world tooo. Well keep up your blogging I like the whole soft place to LAND!!!!!

Christina said...

Just so you know, you have inspired me. I want my home to be a soft place to land too. And I've never thought of that way, after being married 12 years. My poor poor husband.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this entry on your blog site! I just started a blog, and it's so encouraging to know that someone whose blog I am in love with has felt those what-the-heck-am-I-doing pangs at times! So thanks for being not just part of a real home, real family, and real life -- thanks for being a REAL blogger! XO!

Sabrina said...

I've been following your blog for several months now and have become completely ADDICTED to reading it....and spray paint too. So much that I've decided to start blogging as well. I've officially opened a Blogger account....now what? ;) Thanks for the inspiration and great DIYing!