08 June 2009

Garden Party!

It happens every year...The weather FINALLY gets warm and my focus shifts from the inside of my house to the outside.

Last year, I put curtains on my front porch.

And on my back porch.

Then I showed you how to construct tiered pots to get that fancy nursery look without the fancy price.

And just a couple of weeks ago, we planted beautiful hanging baskets.

I'll bet you all have been doing some great things outside too. And I want to see them! It's been ages since I've hosted a party, so how about we do it next Tuesday, June 16th. That's 1 week from today!

I'll invite Mr. Linky and hopefully, he'll show up. Come share your outside projects. I'm calling it a Garden Party because that sounds cute (and because Darcy can make me a swell button with flower on it) but it can be anything outside...gardening, a porch spruce up, something on your door...I could even be convinced that a project that you did outside (like spray paint!) and then brought inside qualified. I'm flexible like that.

So, are you in?

38 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, what a fun party. I need to really get the patio spruced up. This is the VERY hot season here in the desert, but maybe I can figure out something. If I can pull something together, I'm in. Great idea, and don't forget the "Cloche Party" on the 19th. Be sure to check my blog for details. Maybe you could do something for the patio as your entry. Hugs, Marty

Still Learning said...

This is just what I needed to spur me on to doing a project on my back deck. Thanks!!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

i was just thinking last week how i wish you'd do a post on your gardening projects-loved seeing your baskets & porch last year...looking forward to next week!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Sounds fun! We've been sprucing up the outside so we should be good and ready by the 16th - thanks for the heads-up! Can't wait!

Tina said...

Oooh, I'm game. I'll try to finish up my painted planters for this! This will also be my first time participating in a party. I'm excited! =)

southerninspiration said...

I'll see if I can get some things ready to auto post next week, as I'll be going to see Mickey.

Suzanne
Sounds fun!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

One week? That's all...oh no, thoughts of my procrastination party, never got finished project is coming to mind. :) Can't wait...i can do this one.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Count me in!! I love creating things and design. And the weather is perfect for it too.

"Blossom" said...

Very creative: the tier pot idea is awesome.

Wendy said...

Sounds fun!

Kelli said...

I may just have to join this party since I'm working on my yard right now. Cool!

Misty said...

what a great party... though I have nothing to contribute, I will follow the parade along because the pictures are so dreamy!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I can't wait to go back and read about how you did the curtains on your front and back porch--so pretty!

Can the outdoors project be something we are working on currently, or does it need to be completed?

Sounds like fun! :) I love a party...

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it!! I'll have to explore your older posts!! I'd love to put curtains on my porch!

BlueCastle said...

I just re-did my front porch, so I'd love to join your party. :)

Your tiered plants look awesome! Love that idea.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

A Garden Party sounds like fun! :) Count me in!!!

Tammy said...

I hope to participate! Great idea...I'm needing inspiration! :)

Richella Parham said...

The truth is, I would love for YOU to focus on the outside of my house. But I guess that you're probably busy enough, and so it'll have to be me focusing on my house. Oh, well.

In any event, thank you for giving me inspiration and motivation to get going on it! I look forward to the party.

Heathahlee said...

I'm doing good to get anything in my house done, much less stuff outside! But I'll show up just to see all the pretty flowers! : )

Did you know I posted about your drop cloth curtains yesterday? I smiled when I saw them today and had to make sure I had pulled up the right post! : )

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love parties!!!! Count me in. Maybe I'll even dust off the cobwebs for you.

Alyssa Rose said...

Oh, this sound so fun! I love a garden party! I'll have to take some pic. of my garden work! I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!

Andy Porter said...

I love the curtains on your porch! That is the cutest! It makes me wish I had a porch!

Unknown said...

I like the curtains on the porch! What kind of curtains did you use. I would like to do that but wonder how often I might have to wash them due to rain + pollen.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Sounds like fun! I love those curtains, such a pretty touch.
~Michelle

Kendra said...

I was a stalkin' your blog last summer. We were getting ready to move to our new house and boy was I a salavatin'. You know for sure I am gonna add that button darcy makes to my blog!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I've got a good summer post that I did last week that would work for your garden party, so I'll add your link to it & put it up.

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Your porch is beautiful! I've got lots of projects going in the yard - that's my problem - I've got too many going at once! :0 -Jackie

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

LOVE your outside curtains! I've got to steal that idea! TOO Cute!!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

OK, but can you send $500 and a few extra days so I can get everything done I want to? I have GRAND plans for our deck, just need half a grand to get it done. That's all. I'll be linking up anyway!

Bre said...

curtains on the pourch, what a great idea!!!

Mrs. Darling said...

I would think I had heaven in my hands if I had a porch like that. We have a back deck but it just doesnt have the same feel as a porch. I just love those curtains!

Ruth said...

I love your porch. The curtains are just great. I haven't taken pictures of my outdoors but I do have a tour of my home on my blog. Hope you can visit.
Ruth

Unknown said...

I do need to do some things outside - maybe this will give me the push I need!

Tamera said...

i would love to contribute...but i am just a blog watcher (came over from the Nester) and not sure how to post a link or get you somewhere to see a photo. Any suggestions?
Tamera in CA.

Sachiko said...

Oh, I love the chairs on your porch. I have some furniture that I need to refinish, your blog totally inspired me to do it. Thank you so much!

Lianne said...

I'm in! I have a couple of cool projects I'd love to show off!

Unknown said...

How pretty. I am looking forward to your party.

Jo said...

I just wrote up my post for your garden party...we'll be out of town next week, so I scheduled it for Tuesday. I hope I can get online long enough to link up!