09 May 2008

I'm such a dunce...

Hi girls! Thanks so much for the comments and advice on my cabinet yesterday. Truly appreciated.

You know how something can be right in front of your face and you just can't see it? That's what happened to me. We built this house six years ago and I chose that glass front cabinet because I thought it was pretty. And it is. It's also bugged me every day for those six years. I never could figure out what to do with it because I thought I didn't have a beautiful matching collection of "stuff" to display in it.

Yesterday, I finally realized that my everyday dishes are all white and very pretty! DUH!!! I kept thinking that I needed to fill that cabinet with stuff I didn't use. Here is what I did last night after hearing from some of you.



Now it's pretty and functional! And the best part is that with my white dishes pulled to the front of the cabinet, I can fill the back part with stuff that I don't care to see and you can't even tell it's there. There's also a bunch of extra space in the cabinets that used to house my everyday dishes. Woo Hoo!!!

I know that this is such a little thing, but I was so pleased this morning when I came downstairs and saw my pretty cabinet. I love when something can be beautiful and completely practical.

Do you see that white milk pitcher on the top shelf? I bought that last week from Counting your Blessings at her Friday Flea Market. She has lots of little pretties. Check it out!

10 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

The Nester said...

perfect solution!

blessings said...

The pitcher looks right at home! I love how you put all your whites in there. And now you get to enjoy it every time you need to use your everyday dishes =) Blessings... polly

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

The cabinet looks so wonderful! All the white plates...Wow! I also love the bird!


Susan

DairyQueen said...

LOVE the pretty white dishes! We have some glass cabinets too...and lots of character plastic too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've enjoyed looking around yours too!

Joy said...

White dishes are always good to display, even if they are your everyday dishes. Your cabinet has the look of simple elegance.

Nicole said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm always excited when someone leaves a comment. Your blog is darling, and I love the white dishes in the cabinet, it looks very classy, makes me wish I had one. Good luck with selling the house, come back and visit!!!

Dianna said...

Love the white dishes! You're making me want to collect white instead of blue . . . I can't decide.

Mrs. B said...

Your white dishes look PERFECT in there! And it's practical at the same time. Can't get better than that! I love your new pitcher. Very pretty.

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Heathahlee said...

Beautiful! I love the bird perched on the dishes. : )

Tam said...

HI I found your blog from another blog that I visit....and was reading your cabinet post. I love cabinets with glass in the kitchen and I love that you left it open with those white dishes....it really made the cabinet POP!