11 September 2009

DIY Recap and More

If you've been thinking about advertising on A Soft Place to Land then I have some news for you. I am offering a super-special ad rate until September 18th. You can read all about it on my Advertise page.

I am so grateful to each and every one of my sponsors. They are a huge part of what allows me to continue writing about earth-shattering things like turning coffee tables into doors, decorating my potty and framing maps right on my walls. (Did I tell you that this last project got picked up by Design*Sponge??? I nearly peed my pants. For real.)

DIY Day @ ASPTL

Now onto our DIY Day review. Were y'all trying to kill me this week? For real! Every week, I've been blown away by the fantastic projects that y'all are doing. But this week? You turned it up a notch!

Each week, I bookmark the projects that I might want to feature in a special folder. This week, I finally just gave up because I was bookmarking so many projects. It was one fabulous post after another!

If you haven't looked through the projects or linked up yet, go see yesterday's post for a house-load of inspiration. I'm going to give you another day or so to link up your projects so you can be in the running for our giveaway from The Hip Hostess! Winner announced on Monday.

Here is a SMALL (and I DO mean SMALL) sampling of my faves...I'm sorry there are no pictures today but I'm feeling way lazy. All that clicking and saving and uploading is exhausting.

20-Something Know It All ~ Fabulous kitchen makeover
Junk Mamas ~ Scrabble tile mudroom hooks
The Lazy Peacock ~ White spray paint and ceramic peacocks
Jenny Garland ~ Dining room makeover reveal (Note: there were a bunch of you revealing dining rooms this week. Fabulous!)
DIY Newlyweds ~ Ballard inspired boot tray
2 Brown-Eyed Beauties ~ Laundry room reveal
First Comes Love... ~ Baseball wall art from her crafty hubby
Mustard Seed Creations ~ Neglected side table transformation
Candy Jamamas ~ A renter's bathroom makeover
Hope Studios ~ Bubbly laundry room makeover
Bibbidi Bobbidi Beautiful ~ Faux fretwork cabinet makeover
Moody Girl Projects ~ PB inspired dining table (Take special note of what she did to the chair backs. Brilliant!)

In other news, did you see that Remodeling Guy is back? He took some time off this summer...methinks he had to actually earn a living...and he's ready to encourage and inspire us to Do It Ourselves!

And Marie from Makes and Takes has written an e-book called Monster Mania! It's full of 15 all-new, monster-themed crafts that you can do with your own little monsters.

Don't forget to enter our giveaway from Sarah at A Beach Cottage!


10 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Mandy said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm so flattered I can hardly stand it :)
btw, I LOVE your site!

Jenny @ DIY Newlyweds said...

Thanks for picking me as one of your favorites! I'm so excited that you liked my ballard design inspired boot tray!

Anonymous said...

omg thanks for sharing all those wonderful diys. i love diy projects! loving your blog! come by and see mine when you get a chance!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Thanks for the mention. It is always a surprise even to me what I decide to do for DIY day. My hubby was super thrilled I spent time on this rather than, oh I don't know, cleaning the house (NOT!). Come on man, you must know by now that that ain't my thang :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for mentioning us! I think Hubby's ego has definitely been stroked enough with this project! Haha!!!

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Wow! Thank you so much for mentioning me! I am so encouraged and excited, I can't wipe the goofy grin off my face!

Remodeling Guy said...

Hey Kimba! It's been awhile! You're right that I've been working my tail off, but I just couldn't stay away from the blog NO MORE! Thanks for telling your readers that I'm back!

I'll be keeping in touch! Let me know if I can help you on anything!

Tim

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for metioning me. My heart lept when I saw my name. :) I love that apron, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks, Kimba.

Michelle said...

I'm so excited you mentioned my project! Participating in these DIY days has been so fun for me.

Thanks!

Liz said...

Thanks for mentioning me! I'm super excited! I'm also excited to get a bit of attention on my blog, too!