16 August 2009

Sunday Morning


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,

to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

Isaiah 61:1-3

photo credit: Taivasalla

18 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Thanks for sharing Kimba... It made me smile.
~Whitney

Jackie said...

Love this...thank you!

Signing Out said...

Awesome scripture! Thanks.

Jane

Anonymous said...

Amen.

dawn said...

And the best part? It's true. Love this passage...thanks!

~Country Lady~ said...

Praise be to God. Thanks for sharing this scripture reading.

Suzann said...

Sunday morning on the blogs - I so love seeing the verses that inspired everyone. Thank you.

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun said...

I loved reading this Scripture. Isn't God's word so filling and amazing? Another sign that He knows what is best for HIS people!

Have a blessed Sabbath!

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful way to soak in this day! Thank you for drenching me in His love today.

Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

katemeri said...

Beautiful! Thanks for posting. My bible study group just finished Beth Moore's "Breaking Free" that is based on this scripture.

Debbie Petras said...

I always look forward to your Sunday Morning posts of Scripture. Thank you for that.

I also find your blog such a soothing place to visit. In fact, I had a blog makeover on Heart Choices recently and used some of your style to help in getting my design ideas to Edie of Rich Gifts, Graphics and Blog Designs. Of course, my blog is very different in content but I too am a Christian and I love a variety of topics. I love to visit your blog too.

Candace said...

"for the display of his splendor" - what beautiful words. Thanks for sharing!

I am Mom said...

Loved that - great photo too. Wanted to make a quick book suggestion. Im reading it right now "Comforts from the Cross" Elyse Fitzpatrick

Poppy Cottage said...

A beautiful post!

Sharon

Poppy Cottage said...

A beautiful post!

Sharon

Cindy said...

I needed this!

Britt said...

I hope you don't mind, but I stole your idea for Sunday mornings. I knew I read a blog that had scripture every Sunday morning, but I couldn't remember which one. Of course it was you! Hope you don't mind! :)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post!!!!!Awesome scripture! Thanks for sharing..
--
Reenee
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems