14 August 2009

DIY Day Recap and A Winner!

It's probably for the best that DIY Day is only once per week. It probably takes most of you that long to check out all the posts! I hereby declare my readers (that's you!) the most creative, talented, crafty bunch of people in the blogisphere! If you want to see the whole big mass of DIY goodness, click here for yesterday's post. You can still link up your projects, if you haven't yet.

Here is just a small sampling of my faves. I seriously wish I could highlight each and every one of your projects.

This barnwood headboard from Lucy's Tales is seriously stunning! I double-chocolate brownie love it!

Krys from This Little Birdie Stayed Home refinished her standard-issue orange pine table into a beautiful spot in her school room.

This lamp turned hanging chandelier project from Britt at A Penny Saves is one of the best DIY projects that I've ever seen. She gives a great tutorial so you can do it too.

I would spend way more time in the garage if it looked as fantastic as this one from An Accomplished Woman.

I love this wooden art collage made from scraps of wood from Nonflammable.

The Coolest Mom on the Block and Kitty Scraps both gave us fantastic tutorials for turning an inexpensive mini-blind into a roman shade.

I love that Beth's hubby from The Stories of A to Z couldn't resist getting in on the fun with the stamped t-shirts he made for his family.

A painted sheet art project from The Pretty Policy. Make sure you check out that awesome painted chandelier in the last picture.

Great idea for making your own necklaces out of washers ~ Organize and Decorate Everything

Make your own vintage mason jars ~ Bridal Buzz

Side table transformation ~ Not So Random Stuff

Beautiful button frames ~ The Old White Cottage

Green project: Wooden art collage ~ Nonflammable

Dresser to kitchen island makeover
~ House of Johns

~~~~~~~~~~

We also have a winner of the $40 credit from Fine Prints etsy shop! Mr Random Number Generator chose Jackie from Empty Nest Full Life and her DIY Diaper Cake as the winner! Congratulations, Jackie! Shoot me an email and we'll get you set up.

Many thanks to Jaime of Fine Prints for sponsoring DIY Day!

20 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Queen B. said...

Great jobs everyone !
Stop by if you want to enter my book giveaway !

Jennifer Juniper said...

That head board is to die for, how do people think of this stuff??? My hat is off to them

Anonymous said...

wow, thank you Kimba. I was shocked to see my headboard on your post this morning :) Congrats to the winner. I am going to go check out that lamp tut now because i have a newly covered drum shade and don't have a clue how to turn it into a chandelier!

white flower farmhouse said...

Wow. It is just so inspiring to see so many smart and beautiful projects week after week! Kimba, your readers' talent just never ends!

pk @ room remix said...

I NEVER cease to be amazed at all of the creativity out there! These projects are great. I love the lamp project.

Rachel Berry said...

WOWZA!! Thanks for all the great links!! I have to check out some of these blogs!!

:)Rachel

Unknown said...

Such fun stuff!!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Thanks for mentioning my project!

Cheryl

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Kimba, Thanks not only for hosting DIY days, but also for these great recaps. So many fun projects!

Britt said...

Thanks Kimba!!!!

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun said...

That headboard? Oh. my. word.

I want!

I am so inspired now! However, my creativity is next to nil, so I'll just live crafty vicariously through you!

Us Simple Girls said...

these are not your run of the mill diy'ers... these folks are a-ma-zing!

thanks for hosting all the fun. we linked you to our new blog because we love your style and down to earth sharing. we also share a heart of faith.

look for us to join up in a diy day soon!

blessings!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Yay! I'm so excited that my hubby got a minute in the lime-light! Thanks Kimba :). He's been so graciously supportive of my blogging and crafting that I'm thrilled he joined us too!

Krys said...

Thank you so much Kimba!! You gave my tough day a huge highlight :) It's so funny, I was just catching up on thank you's earlier and sent you one without realizing I was up here! I broke a sweat when I saw it!
That headboard is just scrumptious (my kids new word of the day!) I'm off to check it out..

Kelly said...

Hi Kimba,

I have to say thank you so much for doing DIY on weekly basics. I love looking at other people's creations. I am like a kid on a Christmas Day when you post them up on ready to go for others to post. Heh!

I also have found wonderful bloggers that I have to add on to my faves.

Thanks for all you do! :)

BlissfullyDeaf

Suzann said...

Holy smokes I have a lot of cool places to visit.

The Bella Cottage said...

That headboard is beautiful and totally caught my eye!

Gina said...

Thanks Kimba! I gotta agree-that headboard is amazing! So much amazing inspiration out there, thanks for letting us all share!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I can't believe how creative people are! The hanging chandelier project is so clever...and the headboard -- LOVE!

Leanne said...

Thanks Kimba for mentioning me on your blog. I love DIY day and being able to check out all these amazing projects. My project list grows longer every week. Everyone is so talented and willing to share. Thanks for hosting every week. Love your blog!