12 August 2009

DIY Day!

It's time for DIY Day! Time for you to link up DIY home projects, makeovers, crafts...even a great recipe, if you have one. This is definitely my favorite day of the week. I love seeing all of your projects!

I'm super excited that we have another prize this week! It comes from Jaime of FinePrints on Etsy. One lucky winner will receive a $40 gift certificate to spend in her shop!

Retro Circles Invitation

Jaime is a freelance writer, editor and now a print designer too. FinePrints is full of beautiful holiday photo cards, announcements and invitations. Each one is customized with your own photo and message. Once your item is finished, you receive an electronic file that can be used with any photo processor to print beautiful invitations, cards or announcements for as little as 10 cents each!



Raspberry Damask Calling Cards

You can also find beautiful calling cards at FinePrints. No more digging through your purse or diaper bag for a pen and paper to give out your phone number. I adore the Brown Damask pattern.

One winner will be randomly chosen from everyone who links a post to DIY Day this week. The winner will receive $40 to spend at FinePrints any way that you choose. Good luck and let's get to the linking!

If you want to use the pretty DIY Day button, you can grab it over in my far-right column. Here's the rules...

  1. Add a permalink to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.
  2. Include a short description of your DIY project in parenthesis after the name of your blog.
  3. Link to this party from your post so everyone can get in on the fun.

If you come back and see that your link is gone, re-read these rules and try again. No worries!

Powered by MckLinky


  1. Olive Rue
  2. Beachbrights (Laundry Room Makeover)
  3. Oops I Craft My Pants - Bottle Re - Do
  4. Richella (oversized bedspread)
  5. Stephanie @ A Fine House (Button Flower Garden)
  6. Your cool friend Cheryl (Monogrammed wicker baskets
  7. Mandi Shandis Dumpster Diving Chair Re - do
  8. Ashleys Busy ( Big Announcement )
  9. TidyMom {DIY Burlap Bulletin Board}
  10. This Southern Girls Nest (Boutique Drink Koozie)
  11. Amanda @Serenity Now {How to : Burlap Table Runner}
  12. A BEACH COTTAGE - DIY Bathroom plus Chandy
  13. Quick shelf makeover
  14. The Sweet Life (Bathroom Redo)
  15. Delightful Dwelling - Why is the paint PURPLE???
  16. Lisa @ fern creek cottage
  17. Jamie (Half Bath / Laundry Remodel : Before and After)
  18. Hattie @ Little Red Roost (Tray makeover)
  19. Lisa @fern creek cottage
  20. Cabinet Door Makeover
  21. Just a Girl (labeled wall pocket)
  22. THE SHABBY CHIC COTTAGE - - AGING CABINETS
  23. Carly (A few crafts)
  24. Chickie Momma Crafts (craft corner redo)
  25. Kimm at Reinvented (Five Dollar Topiaries)
  26. Family Photo Wall
  27. Caroline@FOREVER VINTAGE dining room chairs
  28. Joan@ anything goes here : old bottles / photo holder
  29. Decorating w / Vintage Postcards
  30. Dukes and Duchesses (altered bookholder)
  31. Liz @ IGTBH (easy outdoor curtains)
  32. Kendra@ My Insanity (Kids Table Makeover)
  33. Jill@Forever*Cot tage (basket pendant lights)
  34. curtains for the boys room
  35. TABLE SKIRT MAKEOEVER!
  36. Lucys Tales (kitchen cabinet makeover)
  37. A Home in Progress (File Cabinet Overhaul)
  38. Jen@balancing beauty and bedlam (DIY SHOES)
  39. Wonder Woman Wannabe (DREAMS Come True W / Goal Book)
  40. Personalized Wedding Gifts
  41. Jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas - Metal Bucket Accent
  42. Our First Home - DR Styrofoam Chair Rail&Shadow Box
  43. Sarah @ Thriftydecorchick (DIY window boxes)
  44. Butterflies Take fLIGHT...A Lamp Makeover
  45. Sarah - Babble. (Vanity Table & Bench Refurbish)
  46. Anny : New Silver table and spray painting light
  47. Wipe Off Board Transformation
  48. DIY Projects for Baby Nursery at Abundant Grace
  49. Redone Kitchen Island
  50. McCabeMoments (Dresser Re - do)
  51. melissa*320 Sycamore (beadboard wallpaper cabinets)
  52. Stacie@Park Avenue (Strawberry Mallow Cake Roll)
  53. Homemade Bridal Shower Gift - Pumpkin Pie Crafts
  54. Funky Junk Interiors - board and batten backsplash
  55. kojodesigns - DIY drink umbrellas / swizzle sticks
  56. graceful creative (DIY tea party - - all the details)
  57. Julia @ Open Hand Living. (DIY wall designs)
  58. Julia @ Open Hand Living (Kitchen Reorganization)
  59. Julia @ Open Hand Living ($15 dining room)
  60. The Fifth Street Palace (hostess gifts)
  61. Cheryl (trunk lid turned into a painting)
  62. A Pinch a Smidgen &a Dash (Homemade Soft Pretzels)
  63. Christy @ EmbellishedBayou (jewelry organizer)
  64. Gossip Bench Transformation at GoodPlans
  65. Spruce up a bulletin board
  66. Calendar frame to chalkboard
  67. DIY Scarecrow
  68. Construct & Tuft an Ottoman with Centsational Girl
  69. Tea Rose Home : For Her Birthday! (Felt Food)
  70. Tea Rose Home : Before and After Basket Handbag.
  71. Tea Rose Home : Memory Blanket.
  72. My living room Makeover on No Budget
  73. Worldgazing@Fun with Milkglass and Childs Lamp!
  74. Michelle - kitchen cabinet redo
  75. Nicole@BugaboosC reations ( Burlap shelf and art )
  76. Sarah @ R&T (Rocking Chair Makeover)
  77. Kristen - Thrifty Dresser Redo
  78. The Pajama Mama (A $0 Dining Room Before / After)
  79. Kristen ~The Pajama Mama (Felt iPhone Cases)
  80. Michelle @ Treasure the Moment (Furniture Redos)
  81. Kitty Scraps (Front Door Makeover)
  82. Moneywise Moms (Goodwill Finds)

  1. Not the Jet Set - Fresh Cut Flowers
  2. Soft Sumptuous Lightweight Scarf by Joy Beadworks
  3. KnittingKnirvana (Elmo Hat!!)
  4. Wall coat rack from futon frame
  5. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality (DIY dimmer switches)
  6. Mommy of Ms (1 / 2 bath remodel)
  7. Cottage Hideaway (growing interesting vegs)
  8. Amy @ Priceless Memories (Owl Prints)
  9. My $2.50 Headboards!!!
  10. the Butlers wife (above cabinet lighting)
  11. My Latest Obsession (A little spray paint)
  12. C @ Project Pretty - Lacquer Coffee Table
  13. Sarah & Kenadie
  14. Military Moms Guide To Decorating A Living Room
  15. Make a TYPOGRAPHY basket Laura @ Decor to Adore
  16. Need A Chocolate Fix Quick? Emergency Choc.Cake!!
  17. Reid - A Fellow GRITS - DIY Thursday - light fixtures
  18. Beth@Stories of A to Z **Remodeling On - the - Cheap**
  19. ani - Childrens pots
  20. Barnaclebutt : A Moderate Makeover - fixing the ugly
  21. Jaime @ A Place Out West : painted china cabinet!
  22. Do It Yourself Thursday
  23. Jowanna @ Porch Swing (reupholstered office chair)
  24. Baby Shower Decorations
  25. tales from an oc cottage
  26. Old Brick Cottage (Faux Beadboard Makeover)
  27. APennySaved (Tin can & Pillowcase Recycling Center)
  28. Della (DIY Necklaces)
  29. Do it yourself baby travel pillow!
  30. Haute Decor Gal (DIY Bathroom Remodel under $150)
  31. Roll Top Desk Transformation - Mommy Needs Coffee
  32. Songbirdtiff - Christmas wreath UPcycle
  33. Kristi - Kikis Corner - my front door makeover!
  34. Kelly Hicks - Denim Cuffs
  35. The Bloom Girls - POWDER ROOM REDO SNEEK PEEK
  36. Kathy C. - Flower Arrangment Makeover
  37. Time Travel - A Suitcase Transformed.
  38. Jo - To a Pretty Life (painted doll cradle)
  39. Clams & A Ham Dog (Craft Room Before & After)
  40. Creativelittleda isys Metal Conduit Curtain Rods
  41. Fawnda@fireflies andjellybeans (Rehab Frame)
  42. Beyond the Nest - Transformed suitcase.
  43. Ribbon - topped curtains @Someday Crafts
  44. Quote Tree DIY
  45. Twice Remembered : Gaudy Art to Chalkboard Makeover
  46. kids closet makeover
  47. Lori at Harper House....dresser makeover
  48. MUCH needed bedroom makeover
  49. Giggles Galore (Custom Wall Art)
  50. Rambling Gal aka Beth / CARROT ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
  51. Martha @ SoLovelyCreations Magic Fairy Wands
  52. Carrie @ This Cozy Home (key decor)
  53. Updating a Renters Bathroom
  54. BJ_Mama (EASY Toddler Bandanna Dress)
  55. Laurel@Ducks in a Row - pleated kitchen towels!
  56. Amber Dusick (Garage Art Studio Makeover)
  57. Angelique @ Six in One Hand (Hutch makeover)
  58. Shelly@Surviving Munchkinland
  59. a stones throw from insanity (dining room)
  60. change is good : Bulletin Board Makeover
  61. Liminal Musings (fancified writing center)
  62. Melany @ Pilarinas Workshop
  63. Black and White and Home all over : Outdoor lighting
  64. Hopefull - Music Note Board
  65. Little Lovables garland banner
  66. NonFlammable
  67. Hidden Cabinet Chalkboard
  68. Isnt She Lovely
  69. New Every Morning : : Grand Granola
  70. Pandoras Cottage (Welcoming door project)
  71. Linda@ Restyled Home (pool side changing area)
  72. Old Book Photo Frame
  73. My Round Table
  74. Blushing Hostess - Pistachio Race Track
  75. Three SiMPLE DIY that made HUGE difference!
  76. Amy (Mod Podge Safari Kids Tote)
  77. Amy (Mod Podge Safari Kids Tote)
  78. rebecca@older&wi sor (craftsman style wainscotting)
  79. Lynette (Door Knobs to coat rack from flea market)
  80. eweandlambkin - Thrifty Monogrammed Hostess Gift
  81. Fashion KL sence
  82. looking for fashion?






Get your free Mcklinky here...

26 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Joanna said...

I'm here to link up for DIY Day but the linky says it won't be avail until in the morning?!

Jennifer Juniper said...

whoops! Mclinky's not coming up!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for hosting, Kimba! :)

I still have my Decorating Dilemmas Party going on, so I hope it's okay that I still have my link up in my post that I shared.

Have a wonderful night...looking forward to reading all these neat ideas! :)

Unknown said...

YAY! It's Thursday! DIY day is one of my favorite of the week.

Blue Creek Home said...

Thanks Ms DIY Hostess!!!
The give away is great. I love stationary!
Rhonda

Katie said...

I am so excited for my first DIY Day! I worked super hard on this window so I hope everyone likes it.

Jenni said...

Playing along for the first time, and I'm so glad you're going to keep doing the DIY days beyond summertime!

Thanks for coming up with such a neat idea.

jaime@ a place out west said...

I'm so excited to be today's sponsor, Kimba! Thank you, and I can't wait to see everyone's projects!!

Marianne said...

Hi Kimba, just here to link up to the party. Thanks for the invite!

Free Art Printables said...

Thanks for hosting Kimba!

Unknown said...

Kimba,

Thank you for inviting me ... You are such an inspiraton to lots of women.

Cyntha

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I was going to do a new post that is a little more home improvement related, but I feel like I've already missed the boat (dozens of links ahead of me), so I'll get that one done later, and for now, hopefully you'll enjoy a brake from all that painted wood with a birthday party post!

Thanks for hosting, as always!

Anonymous said...

Yay! DIY Day! My favourite day of the week! :)

The Blushing Hostess said...

I had such fun creating this first DIy project, thank you again for inviting me!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

I love DIY Day!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found out about DIY Day! What a great idea. I love looking at these links!

Also, I heard about you from Jen's post on The Nester's swap and I never knew you were from PA! Yay! I hardly ever find many other bloggers from PA!

Rachel

LADY JANE said...

Oh man!!!!! I just found your bloggie...wonderful...my post is for VTT but please stop by...and I will see you next week ...love it!

Susan @ Your home, only better. said...

Oops, operator error! Did the wrong link (yes, I was multi-tasking).

Glad I found this blog...lots of fun and I love reading other DIY posts!

Angie said...

Kimba,
Thanks for hosting this, I can't wait to go through and look at all the ideas!

jeanne said...

Kimba, I just happened by and boy I am going to have fun with all the DIY projects. I wish I had one to share today. Maybe next week.

Love your door ideas. Now I am on the lookout for an old door.

Hugs...Jeanne

Unknown said...

I finally got on the ball and joined in! Thanks so much for hosting this!!

sherri said...

I'm late again, but sooo enjoying visiting these blogs! I added a link about my pumpkins! Thanks for hosting!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Thanks again for hosting. I've had so many projects on my summer TO DO list, and your link every Thursday really holds me accountable for getting them done.

Anonymous said...

OH! Forgive me! I forgot to link up on my side of things...and I know better than that. Now it's there. :)

Tiffany said...

I'm having trouble trying to link my project. Can anyone help me?

Megan the Plumber said...

Thanks for the info!