26 June 2009

Linky Love ~ Friday Edition

I was thrilled when I recently discovered that someone I know in real life writes a wonderful blog called Hope Studios. She also runs an awesome etsy shop by the same name. That gorgeous family tree down there is hers. Her hand painted Heartsongs frames and plaques tug at my heartstrings.

Jennifer Juniper is the wife of The Hubster's high school friend. Our paths have crossed numerous times over the years, but I had no idea how much we have in common until I started to read her blog. I'll bet that she doesn't remember the time that she gave me great advice when I was a new mom with 1 little boy who wouldn't nap and she was a seasoned mom with 3 young boys. The advice that she gave me (1 hour in the crib. No negotiations) helped me relax and change the way I looked at naptime for my kids.

She's smart and funny and she has talent pouring out of her eyeballs. Her blog is full of great tutorials like:
How to make ribbon flowers
How to make your own high-fashion shoes
A fun branch jewelry display
Make a moss terrarium
Bird's nest decor

Check her out and say "HI!" for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now for some other Linky Love...

You MUST go see this playroom created by Kathyrn of Nannygoat! It makes me want to start bashing holes in my walls to try and find a secret nook.

Using fabric to cover a table top ~ The Shabby Nest

A STUNNING yard sale cabinet makeover ~ From House to Home

Check out this fantastic kitchen makeover! ~ The Coolest Mom on the Block

~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday is the last day to get your super cheap magazines and discounted items from Southern Living at Home. The specials that you can get if you spend $29.95 are fantastic, so get 'em if you want 'em!

16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Holy crap! Thanks! My friends still call me the "sleep nazi" and I think it helped me a lot when I was trying to get through those rough times with little ones.

I have to say, that since I started reading your blog I've found myself browsing spray paint colors in Walmart. Sick? I think so. I'm trying to get a post up about my chandelier make over. I think you will likey :)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Kimba! I'm going to check out these links now! That playroom looks so inviting...I'm on my way!

~Misti

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the family tree. How creative is that? Definitely going now to check out her site.

Kari said...

Love that playroom. Makes me want to renovate a little too...

Just wanted to let you know that a fellow blogger suggested you as one of her favorite blogs in our 'Wander Around This Weekend' post for 6.26.09 @ http://karinewsom.blogspot.com/2009/06/wander-around-this-weekend-6209.html!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Thanks for the introduction to a few more way cool gals!!

Heathahlee said...

How do you do it? Find all these fabo people and their fabo posts? And not have stinky laundry? : )

Wendy said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Kimba! I'll hop over and visit her! That family tree is adorable!

I actually came up with a fun idea-on my own!!!I know, shock!! Visit my blog when you get a minute! Y'all have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Susan

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Thank you Kimba!
Now I'm off to check out the other links!
~Michelle

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Awww That playroom is so cute!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Thanks for the linky love! You're the best!

Cheryl

Suzann said...

Love that family tree and I have always wanted a secret nook play-room. Off to look.

Unknown said...

I need a playroom. STAT! :D

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Wow, how sweet are you!
I'm so glad you liked the playroom and thanks for the link love!

Tennille said...

I am so glad that I found the Kimba that everyone blogs about!! Love your blog!!!

Xazmin said...

I LVOE that family tree...I am seriously considering getting one! It is absolutely beautiful...thanks for sharing!