09 March 2009

Spring Wreaths

I have my glue gun fired up and a can of spray paint at hand but my project isn't quite ready to share. Check back later for what is sure to be the most wonderfully glorious spring wreath ever.

In the meantime, check out these other wonderfully glorious spring wreaths.



I adore this gorgeous egg wreath that's for sale at the Urban Farmhouse. I wish I lived closer so I could try and convince her to take 383 of my felt pins in exchange for the wreath.



Southern Lagniappe gets her nest (and watering can) on.



A yarny, spring wreath from Design...Stat.



How about this adorable paper flower wreath from Dana and Carol's etsy shop?



Jamie from Paint Till You Faint made her own chocolate egg wreath. YUM!

49 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Decor To Adore said...

What a way to welcome someone into your home! I adore them all.

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Oh, Kimba. I LOVE that first wreath so much it makes me want to cry. Thanks for giving me a new obsession.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love having a wreath on my front door and have a summer, fall, and winter wreath. Thanks for the inspiration

Christy said...

I love these wreaths but the one from Urban Farmhouse is my favorite! I just visited their site and found out that they are about two hours form where we live. I just might have to make a trip to visit... it looks like such a neat shop. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

The paper flower wreath is just adorable - I always like the egg wreaths too!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

What great ideas! Cant wait to see yours~

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh - I know yours is going to be even better. I bought some fun things to do a spring wreath, but alas, they may go into my "to do" closet along with many other "must halves." Just not enough hours in this week. :)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Those wreaths are adorable! Can't wait to see your creation. Jackie

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Oh my! It is time to change out that wreath for something Happy, Cheerful and Spring-y. It's hard to think about spring when there's snow on the ground though. sigh.

Pretty Organizer said...

Cracking up. I thought the first wreath was covered in potatoes! Couldn't quite get potatoes to tie in to spring.

Just bought me some dollar store resin birds to spray paint. They're pretty gosh awful looking on my hutch right now. It looks like I'm 85 years old and collecting bargain junk!

Chocolate egg wreath... favorite.

Tiffany said...

Oh my! What creative ideas! I always go blank when I try to think of something cute for a wreath.

Thank you!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

How beautiful-If only I could recreate the first one!

Anonymous said...

Cute wreaths!! I am soooo ready for spring!

Still Learning said...

Oh, my heavens. I must find a way to make me that very first wreath pictured with the eggs. I must have that bad boy. Don't you just love to make wreaths? I know I do.

Sandy said...

love the wreathes kimba! i have a beautiful egg one that i put up every year ...

Joanna said...

I love the first and last wreath! Seeing them gives me the motivation to make my own.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute wreaths. I can't wait to see yours!

Jen

Monica said...

I am so glad to read that someone else thought that first wreath was made out of potatoes. LOL.

They are all so cute. I especially like the last one. My fav!

Southern Lady said...

Kimba, I appreciate you featuring my birdhouse wreath in your "Spring Wreaths" post.

I love all the others, especially the paper flower wreath.

I can't wait to see your glorious creation.

Sincerely,

Janie

Runner Mom said...

These are just precious! I have to finsh the zebra print projects first before I begin any wreaths!!! Thanks for the ideas, and I can't wait to see yours!

Hugs,
Susan

duchess said...

Very cute - love the first two. Now I'll have to add another project to my list.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Ok, so stinkin cute! Now I have to go make me one of those fab wreaths. Can't wait to see yours!

~Amanda

Catherine Anne said...

I have to give the paper flower a try. I love that one. Oh and I just thought of a fabric flower wreath. Thanks for geting my thinker going. Love your crafts.
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I noticed your little bird figurines on your first picture. I also admired your other bird figurines you painted. I purchased some. They were very dirty so I put them in the dishwasher and they completely dissolved. I posted this an mentioned your blog that you inspired me to buy bird figurines.

Ruthanne said...

Can't wait to see what yours will look like!

Jennifer said...

I love all the wreath ideas! I love your new Blog re-do! It looks fantastic!

Jennifer

Kasey said...

I love it. They all make me smile!!

Anonymous said...

Spring wreaths are so much fun! Can't wait to see what your creative brain comes up with! :-)
~Kim

Heathahlee said...

Those are too cute. And you could totally do that top wreath. I have those birds on the display stand, too! I've got a project (or a hundred) up my sleeve, too. Can't wait to see yours!

Carrie said...

Guess I'm gonna be getting out my old plastic Easter eggs, now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Those wreaths are so pretty! What a lovely way to welcome Spring!

Jennifer said...

All of them are so pretty - I think my favorite is the nest and watering can one!! Can't wait to see yours...

Ashley said...

Love the chocolate one...I haven't thought of that! May be this weekend's project. THanks!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I can't stand it....these are so cute. I'm heading outside to the chicken pen to get me some eggs! I have got to make a spring wreath! Loved your post.
Blessings,
Debbie
Have you thought about making a wreath with your 300+ pins? Just a thought...loads of work!

Free Art Printables said...

Love that wreath with the eggs... just might have to make that! :) jen

patty said...

i wandered by b/c i like the name of your blog. your felt pins are beautiful, and b/c spring is in the air, i've been thinking of spring wreaths, too! these are beautiful. i saw another beautiful one last night at Pier 1... if i ever get it, and if i ever hang it, i'll photograph it and send it to you!
happy spring!

Kim said...

Some great ideas for Spring wreaths! I just posted about when to change the wreath on my front door. Would love your input!

JMB said...

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog! I'm honored!

*J

Invited In said...

Her shop is in my parents town and the owner of the Urban Farmhouse is my sister's neighbor. How cool is that...he he!!! Her shop is my all time favorite place. I visited her shop a few weekends ago and found some great goodies. I will be posting pictures of them on my blog later this week. Come on over for a peek.

Invited In said...

I forgot to tell you that my new blog is Invitedinn.blogspot.com. I am still working on trying to delete my old blog. Any ideas?

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

Hey there! Melissa at Invited In shared your blog with me and it's fun! Looks like a great group of ladies too, hi all! You have me "cracking" up (pun intended-egg wreaths) about the potato wreath, too funny. Actually, the wreath is made with faux egg forms that have been rolled in REAL crushed quail egg shells...the effect is stunning! I put one on the larger ones on the front door of my shop with some wide jute ribbon and it sold within an hour! I was sad to see it go. But I'll just have to put together another and hang it out there too. Happy spring everyone! The peepers are singing!!
Lisa

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh...I love a great wreath...what wonderful ideas!! I put out a springy wreath that has clay pots...I have a bird living in it!
sandy toe

Unknown said...

Anyone in their RIGHT mind would trade pins for a wreath! That first one is beautiful, I like the paper flower wreath too. Can't wait to see yours!

jessiev said...

So beautiful...every single one! They make me feel like the wait is almost over. I was feeling like spring wasn't coming this year. Thanks for cheering us up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are fabulous! the paper one is precious!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Beautiful, Kimba! I'd love to invite all your readers over for a Spring Fluffing party on March 18th (next Wed.), so I hope you'll join in too with your spring wreath. It's gonna be fun!

I've gotta get busy myself!

Dana Barbieri said...

Thank you so much Kimba for including our wreath in your post!!!
Can't wait to see yours. :)
-Dana and Carol

THE BROWN BOYS said...

wow, that paper wreath is gorgeous!

Heather Anne said...

Thank you for showing us all these inspiring wreathes! I got out my glue gun and made one for our door - it was so much fun!

http://quietrest.blogspot.com/2009/03/spring-subtlety.html