03 March 2009

A Simple Spring Update

It's still cold and snowy here in the northeast. But look!



My fake foliage is blooming!



I made these grass bundles in the fall. They used to look like this.



Some pretty (fake) spring flowers and a little hot glue and now I have blooming stick bundles.



This is one of my favorite ways to add a new seasonal touch to my home...finding something from a previous season and making it work for the new. Using what I already have, of course. How about you?

Decorating Spring Fling


Swing by The Decorating Voice and enter your spring decorating idea using what you already have. You might win an Ipod!

post signature

36 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Jessica Ryan said...

Brilliant and beautiful!!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Seriously, those flowers make me smile. Bring on Spring.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Great idea! I thought your stick bundles were ingenious, this just takes it to a whole other level :).

Jessica said...

Brilliant! How did you make the grass bundles? They look so great and add a much-neede touch of spring.

Heathahlee said...

In my crazy mixed up world of Down South, we have REAL forsythia blooming only to have 6 inches of snow fall on it! Wha...?

Your fake foliage is fabulous.

Our Complete Family said...

That is the perfect touch! I love the new spring versions!!!

Lisa said...

SO BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHT, AND INVIGORATING.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

duchess said...

I'm so ready for spring I just might hot glue flowers to anything standing still.
Yours look great.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wonderful.
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful! Seems like there's a trend of frugal decorating going around. I just posted yesterday about my reused decor!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! I love it when you can change something with a few dollars and a few minutes!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love it-beautiful!

Kelly said...

Love it- so quick and easy:-) And with 8 inches of snow outside, I need the spring!

I'm curious... your kitchen looks beautiful in the backdrop, and I'm wondering what your counters are? It looks like wood, and I am considering replacing mine with wood so I was curious. Or nosy. Hoever you want to look at it:-)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Love the Forsythia! They are really starting to bloom here. My first favorite sign of Spring. I posted about a Spring floral arrangement that I made for a store. Can't get enough of the yellows and oranges!
~Misti

Still Learning said...

Those are really pretty. This winter feels like the longest EVER doesn't it? Even in Georgia everything is just gray and dull and dead looking. Can't wait for Spring.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I like this so much. It is wonderful because it is tall but not overpowering....ok I'm headed outside for some grass...we have alot of hay...but who wants hay in the house?
Love your post.
Debbie

Wendy said...

Ah Kimba! You are the queen of good ideas!

Darlene said...

LOVE it.....looks FABULOUS!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

That's really cute, Kimba! Great way to start spring. You've got to make those doughnuts for your boys, they will love them. I have such fond memories of my mom making them for us.

Runner Mom said...

Too fun! Love this! I'm so ready for spring!

Need some decorating advice when you have a chance!! Any and all comments welcome!!

Hugs!
Susan

wife.mom.nurse said...

Creative and cute.

Ooh, I like the yellow blossoms ")

Rochelle said...

Wow, what a great idea, love this!! So tired of winter now and ready to bring on the spring (Chicagoland... 'nuff said...)

Trudi said...

Your grass tutorial is great. Must have missed it in the fall. Off to Joanns or HL after work. I love the look of those!!

Unknown said...

Great idea! I am seeing flowers posted everywhere. I can see that I need to put some in my house!

{darlene} said...

great idea!! those glue guns sure do come in handy when it comes to spring fever and season changes!

Jennifer said...

I was at the craft store yesterday and saw the beautiful forsythia blooms (some of my favorties)...they were so tall and I didn't know what to do with them - so I left them. I think I need to go back!! How pretty!!

Lana said...

Love this! So pretty!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Wonderful! I love forsythia!

Kim said...

I use fake foliage the entire year! Your pics look great!!

Amanda said...

Oooh! I love the stick bundles! With and without the flowers. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Sandy said...

i love love love love love it - all of it. blog and all :) aren't you so happy, friend? :) yay darcy!

K said...

Well, hey there, miss ripping-off-pottery-barn-page-38 ;) Teehee! I love it! What a gorgeous, springy thing to have around!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

LOVING the new blog look. Its much lighter in every way. Fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I made these grass bundles after I saw them on your site. Now, I think I'll have to add some flowers to mine too...they look so good!!

designer, April Force Pardoe, said...

Wonderful idea and again, a great splash of color!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Yup, I'm forever pulling wreaths and such apart and redoing them for the currect season. Nice Job.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~