25 March 2009

A Reminder...


It's almost time to Unplug! Tomorrow's the big day. You can read all about the Unplug movement by clicking here. We're starting a revolution!

I know that lots of you are Unplugging with me and I'm so thrilled! Grab your button so that everyone who visits you tomorrow knows what you're doing.

Do you have any plans for day day free from distractions? I have a project that's needed my attention for weeks now and two little boys who are DYING to go to the zoo.





Don't forget to come back here on Monday and link up with a post about your Unplugged experience. What did you do? Was it easy? Hard? Did you slip up? It's ok. You can be honest. Mr. Linky will be up at midnight on Sunday.

One more thing...I've finally started getting those links filled in on my navigation bar. Click around a little and tell me if you see any typos. I expect I shall be inundated with emails.

16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I have a few projects that I need to get done and I hope to be able to do it. :)

NCJill said...

Ok, Kimba. I'm in! Actually looking forward to it. Thanks for the nudge, friend.

Kat said...

I actually unplugged last Friday, and posted about that whole little experience. I'm in for this Friday, too. I think a regular unplugging is probably a good idea : )

Southern Charm said...

I don't know if I am quite ready to unplug yet.... I just started blogging seriously but I hope you guys thoroughly enjoy your days. I have started turning off the TV and spending the evenings with the kids. Last night we only watched one NCIS and spent the rest of the evening playing and wrestling and such. I can't wait to hear everyone's comments on how hard it was to walk by the computer and not look, ha ha. I don't think I'm strong enough yet as I really have just gotten started but you go girls!!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I do appreciate your help in going "offline"! I will use that day to spend some time with my hubby and play games with the children. Friday is game night at our home. I will probably, do some spring cleaning that morning. Wish me luck!!

Heathahlee said...

As it turns out, I will be so busy tomorrow I won't have time to be on the computer even if I wanted to be! : )

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I unplugged for almost three days last week. It was so hard, but wonderful. It was forced, but needed.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oops, I'm having a giveaway tomorrow...I should have paid better attention. Blast!

I LOVE that you're doing this! I have to force myself to take a break on the weekends and sit down with a book or something instead of feeling like I need to be entertained by the computer or tv. Kudos!

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hi Kimba!
I'm new to your blog and I am so glad to meet you! I have enjoyed reading your posts and can't wait to see your virtual family room makeover. Sounds fun! Loved the Eddie Ross pic you shared. It's amazing what can be done with little money and a whole lot of imagination. As far as unplugging goes, I usually unplug during the weekend and spend that time with my hubby and two sons. This weekend we are expecting lots of rain here in North Carolina so we have planned to stay in and paint the Master Bath. I guess I won't be plugged in until Monday as I want this to be a 1-weekend project. Can't wait to read about everyone's unplugged experiences. Have a great time! :-)
Warmly,
Alisa

Anonymous said...

I plan on tackling all the "to do's" I didn't get to throughout the week. We'll see how far I get!

The kids can help! Of course we'll do our "regular" stuff like home school and that.

I'm actually nervous that I'll get the entire list done just from one day off the computer.

It's not that I sit here ALL day. But I can sit in spurts that are longer then they should be, while most the stuff on my list are small tasks that just continue to pile up.

Yesterday, I took 5 minutes, just FIVE minutes to "room rescue" my kitchen, and I was able to get the entire counter cleaned off and wiped down. It was that quick and so worth it.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

This is really such a great idea! However, I am trading Friday with Saturday and most of Sunday. I stay off of the computer on Saturday to spend quality time with my family. My husband is a computer dude, and he doesn't even like the sight of it on the weekends. So I back away, and cuddle with him until he heads back to work. Enjoy your time!
~Misti

Debie Napoleon said...

I would like to work on my recipe organizing.

BlueCastle said...

I'm in. My husband was ecstatic. Think I have a problem?

kristin maynes said...

This is going to be more difficult than I thought! I have a design project..I waited 'til the last minute on this one...that has to be done on Monday!! I guess I'll get my paper and pencil out and draw it out;)

Catch ya, Monday!

Free Art Printables said...

I am unplugging! The kids and I are going to hang out and I am going to go through a mountain of paperwork! Thanks for the inspiration! See you monday! Jen

Ted A. Brooks said...

Unplugging sounds like a great and healthy experience for all - gives us a chance to recharge. Anyway today is my first day to explore the blog world and somehow I was led to your site. It's so peaceful.
Angel Blessings