25 March 2009

Midweek Linky Love

A bathroom makeover from Some of My Favorite Things using the board and batten technique that I'm going to use in my family room. WOW!

From House to Home used a similar technique in her "Everything Room". I'm smitten!

Eddie Ross pulled together a beautiful table setting using Dollar Tree finds. He called it Style Without Money. My favorite kind!

Check out this gardening theme wreath from A Place of Quiet Rest. There's a little gazing ball in there! How cute is that!

Have you seen this super thrify kitchen makeover from Resolved to Worship? Stunning!

Thrify Decor Chick showed us her favorite room in her house...her son's bedroom. Favorite room? Indeed!

Don't forget to check out the virtual redesign of my family room by Layla at The Lettered Cottage. There's a giveaway! The winner will be announced on Thursday.

26 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Tiffany said...

My goodness, these rooms are beautiful! I have to get a better look at that wreath. It's too cute.

southerninspiration said...

Thanks so much for all the great links today, Kimba....I absolutely adore Alyssa's blog and that kitchen and all of her ideas. Mostly I am so inspired by her faithfulness to God, and her playlist is amazing! I've found a new friend because of you! thanks!

Suzanne

Leila said...

There is something SO appealing about the board and batten or tongue in groove paneling.

The texture adds so much.

In our old house, the former owners had put fake plastic shoulder-high paneling (way to make me feel short) over the real, waist-high, stuff in the kitchen. Yup, covered it right up.

I kicked myself for not getting under there for many years. Who knew that such dumbness exists??

Lisa said...

I'm experiencing sensory overload! So many great ideas! Thanks for all the links! love your blog.

Ruthanne said...

I love seeing people's creativity - there's so much out there!

Darlene said...

Thanks for sharing these great links....I am off to visit now.

Southern Charm said...

very pretty ideas!

Vanessa Greenway said...

Kimba, I dd fall wthi love with your linky love post. In special with the burlap one. There's burlap "stuff" all over my house now! Thanks for sharing! Vanessa

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great inspiration in all of these.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I have to admit...I'm pretty excited about those wall treatments. I really want to try that (batten board or whatever it's called) in several rooms in my house. I wonder if I could talk my husband into trying it. Hmmmmmm....I'm handy with a saw and all but it'd be wayyyy easier with a second set of hands (and someone with engineering skills to figure stuff out)...

Katy said...

Gosh, all of these darling rooms really brighten up a girls day! Pretty.

Tootsie said...

these are wonderful..thanks for sharing them with us

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Thanks so much for the great inspiration - looking forward to your family room transformation.

Joanna said...

Such wonderful inspirations...I just love the green on the table that came from the Dollar Store!??!! Oh my!

Noel said...

What a wonderful house! You do such a good job decorating. I've got to get busy!

Runner Mom said...

Ooh, Kimba!These are so cute! I'll have to go and visit!!

Hugs!
Susan

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I remember seeing that kitchen redo and thinking "WOW." Loved all these - thanks for sharing.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Thanks for the great ideas - gotta get busy visiting them before Friday - it will be here before we know it - oh my!

Jennifer P. said...

I imagine this is why all the design magazines are going belly-up---so much good stuff to read on the internet- and done for "real people" too :)!

And oh my goodness--I just saw that virtual makeover done on your living room. GORGEOUS! Can't WAIT to see how that comes together!!!

Heather Anne said...

Kimba - thank you so much for sending so many lovely new friends my way! What a lovely surprise! I enjoy meeting your friends - and following the links to all of the great blogs you find!

I also appreciate your tips on my wicker painting project ... I would love to find a compressor and paint sprayer, but it looks like if I want to get it done before my mum and dad visit again (he has one but lives in Canada!), I'm going to have to go spray paint all the way!
I enjoy you blog - thank you for sharing your life so beautifully!
Heather

The Runyans said...

hey.thanks for stopping by. yes, i'm trying to stay busy with projects other than building this house!

i did take an idea from you! he he he!
way back when you said something about putting a small entrance/passageway between your boys' closets!

well, guess what? i did the same thing. it looks so precious! I may not show it to them, or sam, until he gets a little older. he's just 2.75. . .but, i'm so excited!!!!

:)

Unknown said...

Great Post!!! Love the second picture, and the third, and ... I love it all!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Hey girl! Thanks for linking to my room!! I didn't even realize it and squealed when I saw it. ;)

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh, I love the green and white tablescape. Very simple, fresh, and lively.

Amy said...

You always find the best stuff, Kimba! Love it all!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your sweet shout out!
Eddie