24 March 2009

For the Love of Toile: A Party!



French lovers, horses in the countryside, grazing goats, children playing hide and seek and roosters. Don't forget roosters.

I love me some toile! Although, The Hubster REALLY doesn't get it. I think it's the French lover thing that makes him shake his head.

Here's my current favorite.

It's not a memo board or a magnet board. Just a piece of toile fabric framed with my favorite fleatique store frame. Love it!


And a red and yellow toile pillow that I made for my back porch using this no-sew technique. I love how toile looks with checks. Yum!

Swing by and see Pretty Organizer's Toile Party for more love of toile.

One side note...I find it horribly offensive that the word toile is not in the spell-check dictionary. :-) Do you think they have toile-a-phobia? Maybe they're toile-ists.




Don't forget to check out the virtual redesign of my family room by Layla at The Lettered Cottage. There's a giveaway! The winner will be announced on Thursday.

44 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

emily freeman said...

ahhhh....love it. And I think I have that same chair. And cushion. Now if I could just learn to spell toille.

Tracey said...

A fellow toile lover here! Love the fabric in the frame idea!

Magic Brush said...

For some reason when I say toile alot of people have no idea what I am referring to. Then I'll say... you know the fabric with roosters... more blank stares...

Love it too! Have green and pink toile on my baby girls bedding pared with polka dots!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love your framed fabric, Kimba. Gorgeous!

My husband doesn't get toile, either, but he puts up with it. ;-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

'Morning Kimba,
Love the fabric in the frame. Love the pillow too. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Betsy said...

Love that framed fabric!

Wendy said...

Hi Kimba! You know I love me some toile in a frame! (Maybe the spellcheck dictionary doesn't speak French. hee hee)

Anonymous said...

Me too! I love toile! What's funny, is that I just got done framing a piece of black & white toile very similar to that. Just toile in a frame...then I was thinking, is it ok for me to have just a piece of toile in a frame!?! Then I come here...so now I feel like a "cool kid" ;).

Thanks!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Perfect - I love the pillow!

Leila said...

I really love that black wicker with the bright pillow. Such a great combo!

southerninspiration said...

I do like toile, but I do not have a single piece of it in my house...I may just have to remedy that next week, while the Mister is away! :)
And I do love the framed toile...maybe I"ll do that!

Suzanne

Valarie Lea said...

I just love toile!

Christi said...

I have that same yellow/red toile, and it's being made into a pillow for wicker chair I found on a *great* deal at Goodwill. So glad I checked this morning - I needed a no-sew technique!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Ahhh, so lovely. I can't get enough of toile...or ticking stripes...but definitely toile.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love Toile, but at the moment not using any. I really need to remedy that. Love all of yours. Hugs, Marty

Rachel said...

Love all of your toile. What a cute idea to frame it. I agree, spell check is so not cool. I have red lines in all my comments and my post too. :) Have a beautiful day.

Sweet Caroline said...

I am getting a brown and cream toile wallcovering for my guest "toile-T room."

Love it. Timeless. Elegant. But, also hip.

Christy said...

Love the frame with the fabric. Sure am glad you showed us that because I sure would have never thought to do that! I think I'm going to be on the look-out for a really neat frame and some toile!

Thanks Kimba:)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I've got seven guys living in a house filled with toile. They don't get it either, but I don't care. It's good for them, don't you think? And won't their future wives be impressed that they can pronounce "toile" correctly?

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hi Kimba- I have always loved framed fabric, and toile is perfect! I added the toile memo board I won from you to my post.
~Misti

Southern Charm said...

My man doesn't get the whole toile thing either. I just managed to sneak some toile in my laundry room though, Lord knows he doesn't step foot in there, ha ha. I love your pillow, I need to check out that no sew technique. Right up my alley. The frame is so beautiful and now I want one of those too in ye ole laundry room. So so pretty.

Pretty Organizer said...

Great job! LOVE the frame. Who needs a picture when the fabric says it all...ahhh toile! And spell check... ya, after doing a month's worth of toile posts I'm beginning to think this spell check is pretty narrow minded! Thanks for joining up my friend!

Pretty Organizer

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh how I love toile. It goes with everything!
-Jill

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...so pretty! I love that big piece of framed toile. I've done smaller pieces but I really like this big one that you made.

Manuela

Amanda said...

Oh yay! Another no sew pillow technique! Love the framed toile fabric. I may just have to do that.

By the way - I ordered one of your flower pins and I LOVE it - it's beautiful! thanks!

Felicia said...

Oh, framed toile. I love it!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kimba...Happy Toile Day!

Ohhh my, I do love your framed black & white toile! That's a grand idea and that frame is just exquisite!!! Love your pretty red & yellow toile pillow too! Thank you for sharing your toile with us today and making this world a prettier place!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Janelle said...

The frame is SO perfect with that fabric!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love all the toile!! I love seeing how everyone uses it in their decor. Yours is always fabulous! And amen sista to the spell check thing. It drives me crazy that it doesn't know what toile is. Hasn't toile been around like forever? Maybe we need to revolt.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimba, stopping by to join the party ; )
I love the idea of framed toil, can't believe I never thought of that.
I too had to add the word to my spell-check dictionary..how rude!..lol.
Kind regards, Jannet

Allidink said...

YAY toile is the BEST! Love the pictures.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I noticed the spell-check thing as well. I work somewhat of a medical setting, and it doesn't recognize some of the common medical terms we use. Probably designed by men!

Love all of you toile - I framed a piece as well and hung it in the kitchen. Hubby didn't get it either, but I'm used to that by now.

Michelle said...

I love toile. Something so pretty and happy about it. Everytime I see it somewhere I just smile:-)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

That toile is certainly pretty enough to be framed and the frame you chose is lovely.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Love it framed! Can't do that with many fabrics and have it look so fabulous! :-) That's too cute about your DH...made me smile. Susan

Unknown said...

Oh that is too funny! I love toile too. I wrapped some around wooden boards to hang in my newly remodelled bathroom and used fleur de lis accents. And my hubby is just like yours.... just doesn't get it

Heathahlee said...

I was just explaining last night to my husband the difference between tulle and toile. I wouldn't want him to mix the two up, you know. The scary thing is, he already knew the difference. Or at least he said he did. I'm wondering if I should be disturbed at this information.

Bonita said...

That framed toile is the best! Makes me want to make one.

Ashly said...

that is it!!! I am going to frame up a piece too, how fun & functional
I LOVE IT!!!

Ashly

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Oh, I love the red and yellow pillow! You cracked me up about the spell check.
~Kim

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful frame and toile..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Mandi said...

I love the idea of framing a special (arn't they all?!) piece of toile! Pretty chair too.

Cheers!

The Runyans said...

stop by and see my easter banner. when i was making it i thought of you for some reason!

layla's update on how to spice up your living room is great. i can't wait to see what you do with it!

Southern Savvy said...

I love toile and sadly my husband doesn't get it either. Also, can you believe that I walked into one of my local fabric stores and asked where their toile was and TWO sales people just looked at me like I was crazy? They asked me to repeat what I said and they still didn't understand what I was talking about! I had to explain - you know that fabric with the scenes on it, etc. and then they finally understood. You'd think there would be some kind of fabric test to get a job there. LOL