09 February 2009

Easy Entertaining Ideas


Hi Y'all! Blissdom may be over, but I'm still travelling.

I'm guest posting for my friend Melissa from The Inspired Room. I'll be sharing some easy entertaining ideas that I hope you'll like.

Here's a little excerpt...

Do you love to entertain in your home or does it make you crazy as you try to pull everything together for the perfect party. Maybe you’re somewhere in the middle like me. I love the idea of entertaining and I want to share my home with family and friends but sometimes I resist because it’s too much work or I don’t think I have the time.


Stop by and see me at The Inspired Room today.

25 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I use to be CRAZY when people came to my home but now after years and maybe realizing that they are coming to fellowship with my family not critique my home and food. I am MUCH more relaxed and make things easier!
-sandy toe

~CC Catherine said...

I love easy entertaining ideas! One of the things I find easy is to also keep some of my favorite French cookies on hand, "Le PETIT `Ecoliers". One or two of those with a cup of your hot beverage is "Sweet" and so pretty! The other thing I try to do is when I bake my home made scones is freeze them individually. The last time I baked, I made sugared pumpkin, maple, and buttermilk scones. When I needed a quick dessert...or something for a quick afternoon tea, all I need to do is remove from freezer, defrost for 15 seconds, and it's as if it came right out of the oven. I can also freeze my mock devonshire I make out of whipping creme. Living life with EASY ideas makes life so much more fun! ;) Happy Monday! ~CC Catherine of "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your guest post. I wish I could entertain more, I love it, but with a shy husband, and not "enough" time, I don't very often.

Anonymous said...

Words just cant describe how much I enjoyed fetting to meet and spend time with you. Im looking forward to our next Bliss~ Now its just getting back into the groove and becoming a mom and wife again. Its so good to be back at home and have all of those new friendships to cherish. Thanks Kimba for making it extra special!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea, my guest blogger post friend....going over to read it now!!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Makes me want to have a little party now!
-Kim

Unknown said...

Kimba,

I can't wait to go over to read your guest post. I wish I could have gone to blissdom. I wrote a post about being jealous of ya'll. Oh well maybe next year. Love your blog.

Deb

Pretty Organizer said...

Ooooo how I missed you girls! Blissdom weekend seemed to last forever... just kept thinking... they're all having a great time and now they will all be friends IRL and I'll be the dork behind the screen:( So, I've already told hubby... I'm starting a Blissdom savings fund for next year!

Can't wait to read the post. I've got a recipe night I'm hosting for the ladies at church... I decided to make the theme "CHOCOLATE"... low and behold the sign ups are through the roof!... Higher than ever (at least 32 signed up to attend) and I'm not exactly sure where I'm cramming these ladies in. But hey... for chocolate... we'll make room. I'll be reading your post very closely for inspiration!

Sandy said...

Hey Kimba! BOO for things perfect! Yay for entertaining! It was such a delight to meet you this past weekend. You are a sweetie - so full of talent.

Happy Monday!

Heathahlee said...

I left a comment on the guest post, but wanted to leave one for you, here, too.

Do you know how badly I want to come to your house for a party now? : ) I'm so glad to now be able to call you friend in real life. Did I tell you thank you for my happy? If not, THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! : ) I love it. Kiddo and I were just admiring it.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Hi Kimba! I have something over for you at www.SavvyHousewife.com, my product review and giveaway blog. I think it will make your Monday! ;)

I only made it to Saturday's events at BlissDom...I hope to do a recap later today on BlondeMomBlog. I didn't get to say hello to nearly as many people as I wanted!

Valarie Lea said...

I love having people over! When I plan on having people over the house gets really clean.

Unknown said...

It was so great to meet you at Blissdom. You girls were so kind and so much fun.

Teresa said...

I came over from the Inspired Room- Fabulous ideas- Your post was great.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Can't wait to read this post! I LOVE entertaining!! If you get a chance, check out my 100th post giveaway! :)

Can't wait to hear about your weekend!!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Read your post over at The Inspired Room, so I had to come on over and check out your blog. Love your tips and ideas. I will definitely be frequenting your blog:)

Also, thought you might be interested in winning one of our TABLE TOP FRAMES WE ARE GIVING AWAY on celebration of our 1 year blogiversary. Come on by and enter to win:)

Linda said...

We love to entertain and I am always on the prowl for new ideas!

Shannon said...

Kimba, I wish we could've hung out longer, but I really enjoyed getting to meet you this weekend!

Brenda said...

I use the same idea you had alot of serving dessert/coffee and hot chocolate for the kids. All of our friends have kids about the same age as ours, so we usually have a movie night with rentals, or game night were we play uno or yatzee and the kids have their own games at a different table. Great ideas Kimba!

Anonymous said...

I went..I read..I loved... Im ready! For the party at my house. I may just have desert like you had mentioned. What a great idea!Im not the best cook but love to have people over to visit. Hmmmm you got me thinking here,smile. I love when a post can make me think and create and this post did just that! Love ya..Kimba~

Our Complete Family said...

I had fun reading your last few posts to catch up on your blog hun! Hope all is well! Hugs, Les

k.mart said...

You're a girl after my own heart when it comes to entertaining... it's all about the relationships and the connections, and it's always fun to break out the creativity if only in small ways (that don't break the bank or your mind!) Thanks for sharing!

I've added you to the links on our blog b/c you're a joy to read!

Liz Harrell said...

Love these ideas! Great job Kimba!

Valerie said...

Hey the best tips are easy entertaining ideas. I am always looking for new ones. Heading over there now!

Southern Fried Gal said...

I really like to entertain because I enjoy having friends and family over, I like to serve and pamper (read control freak), and my DH gets totally motivated to get stuff done around here! Hmmm - now that I think about that, I should commit to entertain once a week - ha ha ha!