11 February 2009

3 Things I Learned on My BlissDom Vacation

1. I am completely capable of making a fool of myself when I get to meet someone that I've admired from afar.


Shannon from Rocks in My Dryer inspires me frequently. And she couldn't have been more sweet as I fluttered about her and declared my undying love.


And Meredith from Like Merchant Ships is every bit as gracious and kind as she seems on her blog.


2. I have 2 sisters that I didn't know about.


Jennifer from Playgroups are No Place for Children and Amy from Mom Advice. See the family resemblance? They're both fabulous, by the way.


3. Bloggy frienships are real.


My roomies...Rhoda from Southern Hospitality. She's the real-deal...beautiful, stylish, talented and oh-so-Southern. And Jen from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. She's a friend for life.



More of my favorite people...Emily, The Nester, Sandy (I want to be her when I grow up) and Melissa. I was thrilled to spend time with each of them.



Julia from Hooked on Houses and Susie from Bienvenue. They're both darling and I wish we had more time to visit.



HeathahLee from Butterfly Genes. I was so happy that we clicked in real life as well as we do online. I only wish we had more time together.


post signature

48 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Fun times, Kimba! I am kicking myself for not rescheduling thigs so I could go. Next year....I will be "fluttering".

Heathahlee said...

MEEEE TOOOO!

Anonymous said...

hi Kimba

I just looked at the photos on Rhodas, sigh I would loved to have been there with all you beautiful gals

Sarah

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Awww, you all look so happy!! :)

~ Sarah

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Kimba - how fun! I can't imagine how much fun you had meeting all of those wonderful ladies!

Lucky you!!!

Jen

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I knew I would kick myself for not going!!! I'm going to the next one!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you all had such a great time. Next year I'll be there to bow at your feet.
(Oh, and the bangs are really workin' for ya!)

Tanya said...

I'm new to your blog. Blissdom looks like a blast! I would love to meet all of these awesome bloggers. Looks you had a wonderful time. Your blog is great too :)

duchess said...

Glad you had a good time. Y'all do look alike.

Elle Jay Bee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! What a great event!!

Linda

Betsy said...

Looks like a great time! What a fun weekend away!

Unknown said...

You and your fluttering... :)
You are a true friend for life indeed, and people...it's hard to believe but she's even better in real life. :)

southerninspiration said...

So I'm thinking I missed a huge lovefest and an even larger photo shoot......how much fun ya'll must have had. I have loved seeing everyone's pics and hearing everyone's reports!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Words cannot say just how much fun I had. It only makes me long for next year even more. I think I will start a scrapbook when I have the time {yeah right} so we can add to it every year. Miss ya~

Empty Nest Full Life said...

So much fun!

Wendy said...

So much fun! I tell you...I HAVE to go next year! Oh yes...I must "flutter" around and meet all my bloggy friends for real!

These Are The Days said...

So glad you got to hang out withs so many great women...I'm jealous, but your a great blogger, you deserve it! :)

Musings of a Housewife said...

I am just loving reading everyone's recaps. I'm so glad we got to meet this weekend! And yes, bloggy friendships ARE real. :)

Sandy said...

kimba, i was SO honored to have met you. i loved every minute of being w/you. i kept looking at your radiant smile and JOY that just shines from you! and you want to be like me? LOL. i think you've got it wrong girl.

love the pin too. you spoiled me.
love you girl!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

It was so fun to meet you, even if you did embarrass us with your fluttering. JUST KIDDING! How could you not flutter meeting amazing women like Shannon and Meredith!

I am just excited that we KNOW each other now in real life. I won't have to call you my "blog friend" any more, like you are an imaginary friend. You are now forever known as MY FRIEND. :-)

Love ya,
Melissa

Jennifer said...

great pics. :)

i'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone and made lasting friendships!!


xoxox

Decor To Adore said...

What fun! You totally are looking great with the new bangs.

Mama Bub said...

More Blissdom. More jealousy. Sigh.

Looks like you had an AWESOME time. So many big smiles!

Joanna said...

I would have so loved to have met all those wonderful blogging ladies!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

What a great time you must have had! Wow. I couldn't justify a plane ticket from Germany, so I love how all of you have been sharing with us online. Fabulous!
Katie

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! I really want to go next year. Thanks for sharing the pics of some wonderful bloggers! And I am memorizing the cute outfits so I will have a good idea of what to wear - LOL!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, real life sweet friend! And to all your readers, Kimba is even BETTER in person, if you can imagine that. She has such a radiant, expressive personality that I just love.

It was SO much fun rooming with you and Jen, I'd do it again in a minute. Can't wait for next year.
Love you!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun and cute! What a great weekend to remember!
-sandy toe

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Everyone looks like they're having such a great time!

Valarie Lea said...

So much fun! So wish I could have been there.

emily freeman said...

I said the exact. same. thing. about sandy! As in, word for word. So funny. And I can't believe the triplet photo. How funn!

Unknown said...

It was great meeting you and I couldn't agree more with you description of those ladies.

Pretty Organizer said...

Oh so happy to see pictures. These great ladies just don't look the same with a little avatar pic. I'll be there next year so I can have real friends... I think the hubby thinks my talking to this screen is getting a little wierd... Kimba, The Nester... SouthernHosp... they sound like code words for an undercover operation. Pretty Organized... well, it would be much better to give hugs all around and see people in the flesh instead of using blogging "call names" to ID each other. Glad you had a good time!
You're friend, not quite in real life but hope to be one day...
Pretty Organizer

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, and I kept seeing Jen to the left of you walking around & thought it was YOU a couple of times. Ya'll really do look like sisters!

Meredith said...

Kimba, you are so warm and genuine. It was a pleasure meeting you in person!

Jennifer said...

still loving the bangs!

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable in every single one of those pictures!!
And you speak the truth! ;-)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh how fun! I'd love to be able to meet my bloggy friends out in the nonblogging world. You looked so cute. Love the bangs on you!

50s Housewife said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like so much fun. You gals have wonderful blogs, PLUS you're all gorgeous! Is that really fair? :)

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Thanks for sharing these photos! It is interesting to see the "face" behind some of the really well known bloggers!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

WOW! what fun to meet all the awesome women of blogland! I am so sad I couldnt go this year, but I AM GOING NEXT YEAR!! YAY!! :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

New to your blog... wow, it is wonderful to see the friendships that form through blogging. What a blessing! Looking forward to following your blog!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I bet Blissdom was a blast! Hate that I had to miss it. Thanks for sharing pictures so that I can live through you, Kimba!
~Misti

Our Complete Family said...

So glad you had such a great mini vacay with good blog buddies!
Awesome to see pics, too!
Happy day wishes hun~ Les

{darlene} said...

I soooo want to go........ what do you think???

edie said...

Kimba,
It was very nice to finally meet you. This blogging thing is incredible!

Georgia Girl said...

Gosh I learn so many things from all the ladies that attended Blissdom, heck even saw some new places to visit from several of you...now next year can I come even though I am not one who comes up with so many ideas...but I do use them from so many wonderful friends online. It looks like you all had a blast and I so want to travel there next year.

Amy said...

It was so great to meet you in person- you felt like an old friend (or possibly sister?) as soon as I met you! We must do this again soon!!