18 January 2009

Sunday Morning


photo credit: amysgster


The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.

7 He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:

The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.

He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;

as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:6-12

11 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Heathahlee said...

I think the Lord wants me to camp out in Psalm 103. This is the third or fourth reference I've seen or been made aware of in the past couple of weeks. That's good, since it's probably my favorite!

Unknown said...

Amen again! What a wonderful way to end my evening. Thank you.

Kellye said...

Thank you Kimba for this!! Because we are building a house and my hubs is doing most of the work himself to save money, we have really been out of commission at church! It has been very difficult and posts like this make me feel close to my sisters in Christ, renew my spirit and strengthen my walk with our Lord. Thank you!!

{oc cottage} said...

The last verse keeps me going!!!

M ^..^

Michele Helms said...

Love your blog!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I do always look forward to your Sunday post...so sweet.
~Misti

Tamara Jansen said...

What would we do without the psalms?

Unknown said...

Wonderful verses!

Pretty Organizer said...

Just gett'n my Sunday Fill. Hey lady!

Okay, here's my nugget of wisdom that I was taught. It seems impossible to imagine that the Lord will remember our sins no more... He knows everyting! BUT, thank Heaven we're organized into families on this earth so we can learn in micro-measurements what it might be like. Example: My kids tear each other apart over some lame reason. I'm saddened, they have to suffer consequences, they repent, forgive each other... I TOTALLY FORGET! As long as the contention is gone, I forget what it is my kids did to get in trouble. All I want is for them to learn the lesson and love each other. I imagine the LORD is the same. Our sins, though some of them can be whoppers are insignificant compared to HIS love and desire for us to learn from our mistakes and draw closer to HIM. We make the course correction, he forgive and forgets. Grace is sweet!

Okay, pardon all other readers for this extremely long comment. Sometimes it's just nice to get a micro-glimpse into that amazing love!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Amen...beautiful picture!

Linda said...

Beautiful. I sent you an award today! ~Linda

http://imaweekendcook.blogspot.com/