01 December 2008

A Tablecloth, The Christmas Edition

Since I waited until two days before Thanksgiving to show you my Thanksgiving Tablecloth Project, I thought I'd get a jump on things and share the Christmas edition earlier.



Same process...



And a snowflake table runner using the same technique...



I won't lie...it's time consuming. I would say that the tablecloth took about 3.5 hours total. But I'm so thrilled with the results!



Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting a Favorite Things party today. Check it out!

post signature

P.S. Someone on the news said that the Monday after Thanksgiving is the biggest online shopping day of the year...Cyber Monday. If you're doing some shopping, don't forget the Moms Unite Shopping Guide!

51 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Amy said...

I am in LOVE with the table runner (and the tablecloth)! I'll be copying the runner for sure.

Thanks!

Cassie said...

Those are beautiful! That table runner is awesome!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Oh, Kimba. Just gorgeous! I love the runner the most!!

Aubrey said...

Those are fabulous. Amazing how good some $6 canvas drop cloths from Wal-Mart can look.

Rachael Black said...

I love your snowflake table runner. I think that I might have to do this project one day. Great was to spruce up fabric@

AndreaLeigh said...

It looks great! You should sell these.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! And I LOVE the runner!

Anonymous said...

It's really lovely..... I wonder if Wal-Mart will now have a run on their drop cloths?

Happy Holidays!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Christi said...

Absolutely lovely, Kimba!

Blogger said...

Very nice, Kimba!

Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

Bella

Chris said...

It's beautiful, Kimba! It looks like a LOT of work, but it's worth it! Well...at least I think so. :)

Anonymous said...

That snowflake runner is so fabulous!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

So cute and I am so COPYING that! I love it!
-sandy toes

Amber said...

Looks awesome! I love the table runner! I bet you could find large snowflake stamps at a craft store. That would make it a lot quicker than tracing.

I loved the Thanksgiving tablecloth but didn't have time to make one. I'm so glad you posted this early. I just might try it.

Kristen said...

I just love that table runner. Thanks for the great idea!

Unknown said...

I love these! It looks like you used burlap this time instead of drop cloth canvas.
A time-saver might be to use iron-ons that you print from your own computer, they'd work on canvas, but not burlap.

Erin said...

These are so fun! I also loved your Thanksgiving one! I never thought of using drop cloths but that is fabulous (and cheap!) :)

Anonymous said...

I love that table cloth. I am going to have to get me some drop cloth for one of my own! I'm thinking of edging mine with a little toile though...what do you think?

Angela said...

What an absolutely gorgeous table cloth, runner..Thank you so much for sharing. How I wish I could do something like this. I do have a sewing machine. I stare at it alot of times,,I have TONS of material, I stare at that also..LOL..I really need to take sewing lessons.

Georgia Girl said...

WOW Kimba....his is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

So pretty....I think I'm really going to have to ry the tablecloth idea. I love the runner too!

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

wow Kimba! it looks fabulous! I just love the burlap too! what a piece of Art you have created! every year you see it, you'll be so happy and those 3 hours will seem like very little time spent for such a treasure! great job!

Hugs, Cynthia

Free Art Printables said...

Love these projects!

Nicolle said...

That is beautiful! I have no patience to make things like that...I wish I did. You are so creative!

Carry Grace said...

I Love the table runner!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

yipee - I just knew you would have a Christmas one to show. :)

Heathahlee said...

They are just beautiful! I was bragging on you the other day when a friend of mine talked about not having a tablecloth for Thanksgiving. I told her about your drop-cloth tablecloth and she was amazed! : )

Sean said...

Love, love, love it! I'm headed out right now to get what I need to make my own. Thanks.

Joanna said...

It looks great!

Kris said...

oooh those are lovely, Kimba! Nice work lady! I may have to make some this summer for next Christmas, there is no way I can get them done these days. But I'm filing that idea away.... Beautiful!

Jennifer P. said...

You are too cool for school Kimba! That is gorgeous!

Ashley said...

Oh, yes! Love it! And love that snowflake runner!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

That looks beautiful! Did you freehand the writing?

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

The table runner worked out so well. I love those snowflakes! Totally worth the time!
Carrie

Vanessa Greenway said...

Looks wonderful!! Great job! :) Vanessa

Lacy said...

Love the tablecloth and runner! What did you paint your snowflakes with????

Love it Kimba!

Unknown said...

Turned out so cute! And it is made with love which is much better than a store bought one.

Katy said...

Aren't you a handy dandy! I'm so proud of you for getting the Christmas one made. Awesome girl.

Valarie Lea said...

I love this one even better!!!!!

Tausha said...

love it! Especially the runner. What did you use for the stencil for the snowflakes? I have some burlap that is perfect for a runner-and I love the idea!! Please share. Cause the last thing I need is another decoration!!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Great table cloth and runner idea. Hum, I may have to borrow that one :)

Blessings,

Sher

Sunny said...

L-O-V-E the snowflake runner, Sister! And never before have tablecloths made me sing...first Give thanks with a grateful heart and now Oh Come All Ye Faithful! Love these ideas. You are one patient lady to take 3.5hrs on those but they are so pretty that it was worth it.

Virginia said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kimba!

Suzann said...

They are all so lovely. You've done such a great job!! love the table-runner.

Tara said...

Beautiful!! ♥ the ideas! hummm...one more project to my craft list!

Our Complete Family said...

It is just beautiful! What a great job you did! I know it took a long time but man was the end result worth it!!!
Merry December hun~ Les

Ann On and On... said...

I just jumped over from another...I'm glad I did. You make some beautiful items.

Unknown said...

Your tablecloth turned out just beautiful! And I love the runners, too!

Kristen Andrews said...

lovely!

{oc cottage} said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

M ^..^

Kate said...

I love, love, love the tablecloth! I would love to make a runner like that but I don't have a glass door...hopefully I can come up with something!