03 October 2008

Phake Phall Pholiage

I think the best thing about buying the good fake foliage is that you don't need a ton of it to make something beautiful. It can stand on it's own.



These are the best faux fall leaves that I've seen in a long time (Joann - $3.00 on sale).




The leaves have wonderful texture and variation. Unless you look closely you'd probably think that I cut a branch from the yard.




And have you seen these in the stores this year? I think they're supposed to be something called a Chinese Lantern. Since I've never seen one in real life, I've decided they look real. And if not real then at least pretty cool and fall-ish.

Oh, for pete's sake...You'd think I could have taken off the price tag before I took the picture. Classy, Kimba. Classy. Maybe I should draw a pumpkin face on each pod. ;-)


Don't forget to link-up to my Halloween Party on Monday!

post signature

42 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Vanessa Greenway said...

They don't even look fake! And they look great on your vases! xo Vanessa

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Wow, they really do look real. I should look for some faux mums since they never live long enough for me.

Blessings,

Sher

Mom in High Heels said...

Oh, Kimba! How I adore you for not taking the price tag off! And those leaves look awesome. They are definitely "POOPIE" approved.

santamaker said...

I am a big Phan of the Phakes ! lOve your title, girl. You are sooo cute! I enjoy all of your little make overs and you better not be scalping
MY Goodwill, cuz, girl it'll be a battle... love me a good deal too!
Be good,
Santa

Inspired Kara said...

Oh goodness. A trip to JoAnn's it is!!!

the author said...

I forsee a trip to JoAnns in the near future!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Yup, those are lanterns from a chinese lantern plant, my mom used to grow them!

I have some fake fall decor too and I love it!

http://chattyhousewife.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-love-fall.html

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

It looks like a trip to JoAnn's is in order! I NEED to get me some Chinese lanterns! Every year I mean to grow them and every year I forget! They really do look like that, aren't they cool?

I worked all afternoon on my Halloween decorations...in time for Monday. I'm not nearly done!

Bo said...

Morning...LOVED your title today....if you hadn't told us I'd never have guessed them to be 'phake'...well, except for the price thingy showing...haha
;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

I have the real ones in my yard and you can't tell the difference!
Patty.

CMB said...

These look great! I always look at the stems to make sure they are "real" looking too.

Unknown said...

I love the fall leaves...they look more "real" than most fake flowers...I might actually try that one myself!

Kristen said...

I love those leaves. They look fantastic. Too bad the closest JoAnn's is over 50 miles away. Guess I'll be hunting for the next best thing.

Unknown said...

They look great I wish I had a Joanna to go to but not here in the boonies!

Sarah Mae said...

I am always afraid of buying fake leaves because of how they'll look (fake). You have relieved my fears!

Wendy said...

I've got some of those Chinese Lanterns myself (only I thought they were Japanese Lanterns..who knows?) I love them. And I love your fall leaves...I may have to see if the JoAnn's by me has some.

Shannon said...

Looks real to me! :)

alison said...

Our tree a "Golden Rain Tree" makes those little lantern seed pods--so pretty when they turn yellow in the fall.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Good grief...I am just starting to get past the whole Poopie thing, and my exhibit of bad fakes, and now you have to go dangle some good ones in front of me to rub it in. :)

Elle Jay Bee said...

Love all your faux goodness, as opposed to fake badness!!

I am going to do my best to remember to add a link on Monday. I am so forgetful...Still, I try never to miss a great party!!

Linda

Valarie Lea said...

Great phake's, I don't think I would be able to tell :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I love these! And I cant wait for the halloween party on Monday! :)

Heathahlee said...

I thought the second picture was going to be you telling us how you got that out of your yard to compare with the top picture. They look great!

Jennifer said...

very pretty. i love the colors of fall and this is a great way to capture them. :)

good job. can't even tell they are PHake! :)

xoxox have a good day!!

Holly said...

They look great! I wonder if Joann will have an unexpected rush of customers today due to all the ladies in blogland running out to get those?
My mom used to grow those Chinese lanterns, and yours look pretty good.

Ann said...

They are so lovely, doesn't look fake at all.

Amanda said...

They really do look real. I'm lovin' the leaves. I need a pretty vase and and a trip to JoAnn's now. :-)

Blissfully Enamored said...

quick question..in one of your old posts...you had painted plates that you were going to hang on the wall... what type of paint and what type of sheen did you use on them?!

THANKS!

Darlene said...

Your Phake Pholiage looks PFABULOUS!!! I have seen these Chinese Lanterns and I think they are beautiful!!

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness, everytime I go to buy fakes they NEVER look this real! Great job Kimba.

nikkicrumpet said...

great faux is a very good thing! I saves me from having to water...and watch my dogs EAT anything thats real!

Marie said...

Wow!! That is a great fake!! I haven't seen the Chinese Lantern...and to be honest the only place I have in town that sells that stuff is Walmart. And that doesn't look like Walmart quality. SO pretty!

{oc cottage} said...

PHABULOUSLY PHESTIVE!

M ^..^

Nance said...

Hi,
found your blog from Connie of Casa Maria.
Your blog is awesome, I have to come back and read your older posts.

Have a good weekend!
nance

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! Great fakes! Those chinese lanterns do look real. We have them around here and they're so pretty on the trees right now. I was just thinking the other day how I wished I had a few branches for myself! Now I'm going to look for some fakes! Looking forward to the Halloween party!

Mrs. B said...

Oh, I meant to say they were PHABULOUS! But I phorgot.

Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog about "Mother Nature." I totally understand! Take care!

Unknown said...

Those leaves look really good - I may have to go find some! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are the best looking fake leaves I've ever seen too! They look lovely in the vase - I like that you didn't stuff it full so you can see the shape of the stems. Love the Chinese Lanterns too!

Manuela

The Lunch Lady said...

They do look real. I have these memories of being a child and my mom had real ones in a vase. The real ones are "papery" and SO beautiful. I just made some topiaries with these in them and love them! When I get a picture taken (when...) I will post them on my blog...

Caroline said...

Yes those are chinese lanterns. They grow beautifully here in Canada. They remind me of when I was a child, they grew wild where I used to live.

Caroline