08 October 2008

Matthew Mead is a Rock Star!

Edited to add: I WON! I WON! I won a copy of Matthew Mead's new book, Entertaining Simple! Thank you Linda from Restyled Home, Matthew Mead and Wiley Publishing. I'd also like to thank The Academy...

Do you know Matthew Mead yet? If not, you need to. I absolutely adore this man (in a purely platonic sort of way, of course.) I honestly don't know how he keeps his head from exploding from all of the creative genius that he has packed in there.


I was introduced to Matthew by Linda at Restyled Home. I guess I shouldn't say "introduced" since he doesn't have a clue who I am. But, my oh my, I know him. Do I sound like a stalker yet?He has the most fantastic website called (appropriately) Matthew Mead Style. It is jammed packed with creative ideas that REAL PEOPLE can use.


You may have already seen his halloween fabulousness called Matthew Mead Halloween Tricks and Treats. I snapped up this book so fast that I think I sprained my wrist. I have since drooled upon and devoured every page.

Well now, there's more. Matthew has written a new book called Entertaining Simple. This book is written for REAL PEOPLE. And you know how I love REAL PEOPLE. It is full of sensible, usable ideas to make your entertaining easy and stylish. Killer recipes that aren't going to break the bank or take days to make. Fun decor ideas using things that you may already have or can get your hands on easily.


I'm really hoping to win a copy of his book (hence this post). You can read all the details about his book giveaway on Restyled Home. If you're looking for a copy, his book is available in bookstores in Canada and the US.





post signature

28 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Kelsey said...

I'm pretty sure I need to go buy this book RIGHT NOW. To bad Barnes and Nobles closes at 10!

happylittleprince said...

I'll have to check into him! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about Matthew Mead's easy entertaining book, I will have to keep my eyes open for it.

Tara Bennett said...

I agree! I have the Halloween mag and I *LOVE* it!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

My mom sent me his Halloween book. It really is full of fun activities! Now if I could only find time to do them...:) I've got about a hundred projects lined up from seeing everyone's fall/halloween decorations this past week!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Thanks for joining in the give-away contest. I'm off to do the draw. Good luck!!

Linda

Sarah Mae said...

Thank for the intro, I've never heard of him. I'm going to go check out his website now! :)

Alison said...

Thanks for letting us know about Matthew Mead! My head is spinning with all the new ideas I am collecting. Most of yours are the best though Kimba!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I had never heard of him before and now everyone is raving! Fun, fun....

Amanda said...

I'm going to have to check his book out too! Thanks for the heads up.

Heathahlee said...

Sigh...yet another book I will HAVE to have before Christmas...
: )

Unknown said...

That book sounds great. I will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations on the book. I don't know this guy, but if you're endorsing him ~ he's gotta be gold!!

Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Annabelle said...

Congrats on the win! I bookmarked his site. Right now I'm on brain overload with all inspiration I got from the Halloween Party blogs and I haven't had time to visit all of them yet!! Matthew will have to wait a bit.
Annabelle :)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Yiiipppppeeeee. Kimba how exciting. I haven't gotten this yet, but I obviously need to! How exciting, all the fun things are happening to you. WooHoo, now you can show us how to do all these projects on your blog....I can't wait...you clever thing!
Blessings
Debbie

Mrs. B said...

Congratulations on the win! Oh, yes, I saw that Halloween book of his! Super cute stuff in there! I haven't seen his other books, but I'll have to check them out. I hope I don't end up with the same love/hate relationship with him that I have with dear Martha. Oh the inferiority complex that woman inspires!

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Oh My...You won.!!!!...congrats on winning. If you want you can just have her send the book to me....Thanks in advance and my name is Alyssa, spelled
A...L...Y...S...S...A...

Thanks.

(ofcourse I am joking)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

woll first CONGRATS on your win! And second, Matthew Mead is a complete genious! I love reading his books, his magazine, his blog, you name it!! So great!!!!!

Tricia said...

Congratulations! Happy Fall.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

duchess said...

Congratulations!!
I'm sure you'll put all of his good ideas to good use.

I guess I'll have to go out & buy my own copy now. :)
Happy Friday!

Laurie and Chris said...

That looks like alot of fun. I will have to see if I can find his magazine in our little town.

My2Gs said...

You win again! I'm giving you an award! You can check it out here http://pbandpickles.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-got-award.html

Big Toe Mom said...

BIG CONGRATS!!!!

abeachcottage said...

wow he looks good! so glad you won Kimba, happy reading

Sarah

Indigo Robe said...

Hello! Congratulations on winning!

I do have to tell you of my bitter disappointment in your party link. I had just cleaned out my bookmarks to narrow my decorating blogs to about 13,445 and was proud of myself when I see those links! To make a long story short, I've been parked on your blog since Tuesday and I cannot stop clicking!!!!!!!! How could you do this to me?!?! I've added so many new bookmarks and I'm thinking of taking my laptop into the bathroom with me so I can multitask. My husband called me a decorating "fill in the blank" and I think I used to have a live hamster but I am not sure anymore as I haven't checked on his water in days.

THankfully, I am done with fall break at school and have to return to work on MOnday so that should help but how could you feed my addiction like this??!

(wink)

Have a wonderful day and sorry -- but I still have at least 2 more days that I must park on your blog to finish the links!

Hugs,
Margie

Tardevil said...

Your post thanking the Academy reminds me of my daughter in the morning as her daddy leaves with her for school/work...she rolls down the window (of her "limo") as her daddy backs out and waves to and thanks all her fans (a/k/a just me!). Guess she's practicing for her future. :O)

Tardevil said...

And of course "congrats", but I "congratted everyone" on 'Restyled's' blog.