06 October 2008

It's Party Time!!!

Edited to add: Mr. Linky is all fixed now! We can see everyone's links. Party on, people.

Come on in! I'm so glad that you're here!



Refreshments are in the kitchen. Party games will be outside...I've heard you all are a rowdy crowd. :-)



What do you think of my halloween take on my barn star? I made him especially for you guys.

So link up to your halloween or fall post and lets start visiting! Make sure you link to your actual post and not to your main page. It makes visiting throughout the week so much easier.

And make sure to leave lots of comment love!







post signature

140 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Hillary said...

I need to make me one of those. I love it! Now I just need to find one..... I guess I better get my fall/halloween stuff up!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

WHAT??? I'm the first post? That must be because it's 9:00P.M. here. Anyway, thank you so much for having the party at your place. I can hardly wait to see everyone else's ideas!!!! And your barn star...Oh My Word. Only the great Kimba would think of something so original and adorable.
Happy October,
Mary Lou

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love the star on your front door! Too cute! Thanks for hosting this Halloween party. I can't wait to see what everybody has to share. I could use a little decorating inspiration. -Julia :-)

santamaker said...

WoHoo! I hope I did it right..still learning my way around blogsville...thanks for hosting. Your welcome star is adorable! Laissez les bon temps roullet !

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Love the star - I just passed one up yesterday for $2 - silly me. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Thanks for being such a great host!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea - you're the hostess with the mostess....can't wait to meet for real this week. Hurry here!

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to use a barn star! Way to go! Thanks for the "party".

V and Co. said...

oh how fun! i love this of linking all these fun ideas!

Annabelle said...

Thank you, Kimba, for hosting this. I'm a newbie and hope I'm doing it right. (Why did my link come out so big & with that smiley face? I didn't do that!) I love that star...putting that on my to do list!
Annabelle

Robin @ The Rendered Nest said...

That star is so cute! What a fun party. Thanks for the invitation!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I found you through bunch of blogs I follow -- what fun! I just finished up our porch tonight so may add those tomorrow. Your star is too CUTE! Did you do that yourself? Love it!

Chris said...

Okay. I'm in love with the star. Great. One more thing I have to copy! Great idea on the party! Can't wait to see what everyone links to.

Tara Bennett said...

Love the star/pumpkin... so creative!

I left some ideas for homemade halloween cards.

Holly said...

Thanks for throwing the party! Love the barn star.

I am Mom said...

this is fun - thanks Kimba. your barn star is cuter than anything I saw at michaels craft store this week :)

Nancy Hood said...

I have to take pics tomorrow and will link to you asap!!! love the star!!

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! Super cute star! Thanks for hosting the party. I can't wait to see everyone's fun stuff.

Melissa said...

Kimba, I love the star and I love your blog and all of your great ideas! I linked up to my blog warming party and my halloween/autumn giveaway. Thanks for hosting!

Blogger said...

I'm here! Can't wait to visit all of the parties, Kimba! Love that star, so cute :)

Bella

Darlene said...

I LOVE your barn star and I can't wait to visit everyone at the party!!!!

Suzann said...

Love your barn star! Very creative idea!! Now, I'm off to visit all you party guests.

Unknown said...

Hi Kimba,
Thanks for hosting the party! Your star looks great. Love your original ideas!

edie said...

I'm gonna so have to plaigarize that star. How adorable!

Blogger said...

eek! What happened to a number of posts? I added mine again, but it still is not showing up...is Mr. Linky acting up?

Bella :)

emily freeman said...

What a fun party! Glad I could join in the fun. Can't wait til Friday to do it IRL!!!

Marie said...

LOVE that star! Very cute idea. :o) I linked myself up, but I have to admit...they are all repeat photos. I bite.

Kristen said...

I love the star! How creative. Thanks for hosting this party. I can't wait to see what everyone came up with!

Gretchen said...

I'm so excited to check everyone's ideas out!

Love love love the star!

Anonymous said...

I love your star! I'll be adding more today too...

TupeloLove said...

I love the pumpkin barn star - so clever!

Connie said...

What a wonderful star! That totally made me smile!

Thanks for throwing this party!

Lori said...

What a fun take on a barn star nd what a great idea to have an online party! Your da bomb! :0

Wendy said...

Okay, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Halloween barn star...you are a woman after my own heart! Happy Halloween!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I love the barn star.....I found a globe done like a pumpkin that I can't wait to try myself!!! Thanks for hosting the party!!! I love all the ideas!

Kimba said...

Oh my goodness! You guys are the best! What a fantastic collection of fall/halloween goodness we have already!

I need your HELP! Does the Mr. Linky look right to everyone? On my computer it's cutting off everyone in the right-hand column. Does anyone know how to fix it?

CMB said...

I have no idea how to fix it...I have tried to link up but it is not working. Can't wait to join in!

Shannon said...

Such a fun idea! Thanks!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

What a great star! I've linked to a post about my witchy porch! I have a lot of Halloween posts, but this is my favorite so far.

Free Art Printables said...

THanks for hosting! The star is great!

Sarah said...

Sorry to say I can't really participate with any Halloween photos but I love going out and getting some ideas for next year. Thanks for hosting!

Creations from my heart said...

What fun....It's better than walking around the neighborhood looking at decorations. Love the Blessings...Sherry

Gypsy aka Tam said...

I love your star. What a great idea.
I revealed most of my Halloween decor last week on my blog, but I linked to my last blog entry.
Thank you for hosting the Halloween Party.
Have a wonderful Monday,
Tam

These Are The Days said...

Thanks Kimba for the fun chance to get decorating ideas. Love your blog! It too love the star on your front door...great idea!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Love your barn star! I found your blog through Chris...What fun!

My teensy nod to fall is just that,,,teensy! I'm amazed at all the great fall/halloween talent. Can't wait to see Christmas deco around here1

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Ok, I can only see two rows of people now....I know there WAS three....is there a way to fix that? I want to see everyone's decorations!!! waaahhhhhh

Karen said...

Love these parties:) I just left some of my favorite pictures since I have NOT done my Halloween decorating yet. Shame on me....

The Nester said...

I am such a looser. I still need to get a few more decors up.

I promised a giveaway nest post but, I might have to join in the fun in a few days!!!!!

Heart you girl, can't wait to meet cha!

Stacy said...

Great party! LOL. I tried to add my link but it isnt showing up. I hope it worked.

Love the star!!!

~Stacy

TupeloLove said...

Kimba, sorry if my name comes up a bunch of times. I kept trying to post and it wouldn't let me!! So you can delete some of mine! Sorry!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I LOVE that pumpkin star! What a great idea!! So creative :), I may just have to copy that one, my dear!! My girls would love to help with a project like that!

Blessings,
Stacey

Amy said...

TOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Mr. Linky wasn'tletting me post? I tried a couple of times...maybe it'll pop up later?!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I entered my info on Mr. Linky and it was there but now it isn't showing up. I think there is another column that isn't showing up.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, I just entered mine too & it's not showing up. I'll come back later & check it out! Some of you have already seen my white pumpkins, but that's the only thing I had to put in.

One Shabby Old House said...

Wow....there were so many great things to see today that my day is getting away from me. Your party was wonderful and I enjoyed myself.
I picked up several ideas and it is all because of you and your inspriration to do this.
Thank you
Becky

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Love that star! I'd love to get more stars but I'm just not willing to pay an arm and a leg for them (that's the going rate around here).

My decorations are mostly up. The photos don't do it justice at all. Why can't I get a decent photo???????

:)

Virginia said...

I love the star on your front door!soooooo Cute!
I'm not participating, but I"ll visit all you party guests,it'll be fun to see what they are showing.
Blessings, Virginia

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Cute stuff! And fun party! Lots of inspiration to be found! :-)

Happy Week!

Melissa

joelandbecca said...

This is from a fall party I joined last week. Love Mr Linky parties! I love the Barn Star!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Can;t wait to steal ideas...I mean get inspired by other bloggers. ;) Thanks for hosting the party!

TidyMom said...

I LOVE your barn star idea!!! and how awesome it looks on your black door!!

Thanks for having the PARTY!! I'm enjoying looking at everyone's goodies!!!

Happy Fall!
~Tidymom

Denise K. said...

Hi! Just wanted to stop by, and say, "Hello!" and add my post from a few days ago. Sorry it doesn't fit perfectly since I had family stories to share in the post, but the pictures are just right for your fall theme today!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting all us ladies to a fall party! How fun! And i love the pumpkin. He turned out frightfully cute!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

I sense you're starting a new trend with your fab star!!

Cathy said...

I love your big pumpkin star! How cool! Ok, I'm off to check out all of these wonderful links. I'm supposed to be working you know, but who can pass up a good party!

Cathy :)

Anonymous said...

What a great party....It will take me all week just to check out everyone's decorations!!!!!!!!!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I love a good party! Can I come too? I'm new to this blog, so I wasn't sure about the rules. I posted a link to a fall decorating idea, but I also have some fun Halloween invitations on my blog, and plan to do more Halloween posts in the near future.

Christina said...

Oh, what a great barn star. We wanted to join the party too. Thanks for inviting us!

Eve said...

A Blog Party? What a FUN idea!!!

Melissa Stover said...

i love the star! i want some stars.

Georgia Girl said...

Thanks for being such a great hostess! Love your star also!

Lacey in the Sky said...

Ughhh, I'm sick and didn't get to take pictures of my Halloween goods for the party! I always get sick for the good parties!

Anonymous said...

the star is beautiful, you are one creative gal

i didn't make the party but I'll sure be visiting them all!

Sarah

Traci said...

Love the star! I don't think I would have thought of such a festive use of mine. Think of the possibilities! One could easily make a Santa star!

Thanks for hosting!

Jenny said...

Thanks for doing this! I feel totally inspired now. :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Tonight...I am going to Starbucks...getting a pumpkin spice latte and sitting down and looking at all these blogs on Mr. Linky and their fall decor! How fun that will be!
-Sandy Toes

Anonymous said...

LOVE your halloween barn star! You should sell those! I don't decorate for Halloween but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

Manuela

happylittleprince said...

You are so much fun!! I love this! See how big of a copy cat I am on my blog!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Should I just say ditto to what everyone else has said about your amazing barn star? Or I could say I love it so much I want to marry it. *wink*

Ashley said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I love the barn star. I have seen barn stars many places for around 5 bucks, but no such luck finding them where I live for that price yet. I have not given up my search.

Blogger said...

I tried to visit everyone but I didn't make it, will try to get to everyone's page this week, this was fun :)

Bella

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Cute, cute idea with the barn star. Hmmm, I may need to borrow that one :)

Blessings,

Sher

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I finally made it. Better late than never. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Jackie

Betsy said...

this was so much fun! This is my first party....I think I will be a junkie! THANKS!

Angie said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE that Halloween star! So darn clever!!!

Anonymous said...

Your door looks spectacular!! There is nothing classier than a black door!!...Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow..! Love your barn star. I am very excited to check out everyone's Halloween ideas.

emily freeman said...

So I linked up with a decor post this time. Is that allowed? Am I cheating? I'll just wait to see if I get kicked out of the party. So fun!

Anonymous said...

I love this...Your welcome barn star iw adorable....!

Lauren and Justin said...

I'd love to meet y'all for brunch! when and where are you meeting? I'll have to figure out a way to get out of work...

Whitney said...

WHAT A FUN PARTY! I have pix up of my house AND my mom's house with all of our Fall decor!!

Liz Harrell said...

I LOVE the star pumpkin. That is genius, and talk about weather resistant! My fall wreath has just about bit the dust with all the rain here lately.

Kathy said...

Hi, Came to visit by the way of An Enchanted Cottage. Love what you did with the star. There are some awesome Halloween decorations out there.

jet1960 said...

Sorry for joining the party late. I'm cheating a little bit with my Halloween post as the dining table decorations are from last year but the Halloween art is some I did for a swap this year. I've not yet gotten my fall/Halloweeen decorations out of the closet. May get that done today as it is a nice rainy day and I'm off from work. Looking forward to visiting everyone's blogs.

Christian said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog when you stopped by, I can imagine you have a lot of commenting to do! Did you know your blog party generated over 300 hits on my blog yesterday? I usually have about 20!

ElizabethClare said...

A little late, but I'm still coming to the party. Great idea!

Victoria Lynn said...

Woo-hoo, a party! Thanks for inviting me! I love your blog. It was fun to see the makeover on the black dresser.
Blessings,
Victoria Lynn

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Thanks for hosting Kimba! I love seeing other people's fall decorations!
Carrie

Leila said...

Oh Kimba, while you are off having fun my house is NOT getting decorated! But thanks for the link! Come visit!

edeenut said...

I love seeing all the decorations in one place, they are so fun to browse through.
Thanks for the great idea!

The Denny Family said...

LOVE the pumpkin star! And love your blog! Happy Fall!

simple~needs said...

such a great idea!!!

Free Art Printables said...

HI Kimba. I am trying to get Mr linky to work for tomorrow. Can you tell me which on you used??? Did you have to change your template?? Help! Jen r

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Wow! I had lots of fun looking at all the fall/halloween decorations! I've gotten some fantastic ideas from all of you. Thank you Kimba for hosting! It was fun!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!
this was fun.....I love the star it was soooo cute....
what a great party...thanks
Pat H

angela | the painted house said...

Love your star, Kimba! Looks like a fun par-tay--too bad I couldn't get myself in gear. :(

(Thank you for your kind comments!)

Kathi Roach said...

Hey Kimba....Thx for the Mr. Linky...what fun!!! Of course I didn't get online yesterday...it figures! Anyway, check out some of my Fall Decor. BTW... I LOVE your Halloween Barn Star! You are so creative.

Candice said...

Sorry I'm late to the party. After looking at everyone else's awesome decorations, I decided to be brave and share mine.

I love your barn star!!

Kim Hancock said...

I love your Halloween star. That is so creative!

Valarie Lea said...

Oh I didn't link :(

I love the barn star!!! I think I am going to try this... :)

Caroline said...

Luv the star..hope I did the link properly still figuring out all the tricks to blogging.

Caroline

Laura said...

Thank you for the invite! What a great way to see so many of the wonderful ideas out there. Your blog is a delight. Take care.
Happy Halloween,
Laura

cherry said...

Fun party..and the cookies are delish. cherry

Em said...

So fun, thanks for doing this! I added my link!

GingerLouise Clothing said...

Fun, glad I found you, mine is a halloween giveaway, come see!

Erin said...

Am I too late to party? I just found your blog today! Shucks! Well, It looks like it was pretty grand! What at fun idea!

Tanya said...

so fun i love this!

Raise Them Up said...

Love the Star!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a great idea. I just found your site today. Very cute!

Tanya said...

this is so much fun! i have found tons of great idea! you are a genius! i had to put two links because i just did a halloween costume idea last night that i thought would be helpfull to a lot of people. lov your pumpkin star! your blog is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Halloween Barn star!! Thanks for hosting a Halloween Tour (I was just thinking yesterday I am surprised nobody has done one yet). Happy Haunting!
Janae

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Halloween Barn star!! Thanks for hosting a Halloween Tour (I was just thinking yesterday I am surprised nobody has done one yet). Happy Haunting!
Janae

Breathing In Grace said...

Kimba...my daughter led me to your blog and I love it. Thanks for sharing a bit of your life..and your faith..with the rest of us!!!

To The Moon and Back said...

Love your barn star! Thank you so much for inviting us all to your party. I just started my blog, and this party was one of my first posts. I loved seeing what everyone had to share.

Caroline said...

This is so much fun. What a great idea. Can't wait to share ideas at Christmastime!

Maureen said...

Whew...it took me over an hour to load 6 pictures. I need to find a quicker system. This was fun! Thank for organizing.

Positively Creative! said...

Can I just say A LITTLE LATE...!!! GEEESSHH!!

I have gotten a ton of inspiration from everyone....I am new to this awesome site...thanks for sharin!!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but your party actually helped me get my procrastinatin' behind in gear! Thanks for hosting! It's been fun visiting everyone!

Anonymous said...

I love your barn star. Thanks for hosting the party. I can't wait to go around and see all the ideas. I hope I did my link right, it's my first time doing this.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! This is great! I love Halloween, and I am writing blog posts for a step-by-step Halloween guide. I've added your blog to my blogroll.

Your star is cool!

Heather said...

I love your barn star! Thanks for hosting the party!

Jeppson Clan said...

Such a fun idea! Thanks for hosting the par-tay!

Anonymous said...

Awesome party!

Looking forward to visiting all the sites and getting some great Halloween ideas.

We started carving our pumpkins last night and will finish them today. Hopefully we will also be able to finish putting the decoration up. I will post pics on my site later tonight.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Better late than never! Thanks for hosting the party!

mrs boo radley said...

Love the star!

Pretty inspirational. :)

Connie said...

Love all the fall stuff and the halloween barn star. I bought my first barn star recently. Still trying to figure out where to put it. I visited a real pumpkin patch recently and thought you'd enjoy the visit with my son and his family and my beautiful mommy-to-be daughter. Visit me at my blog. Connie

Jeana said...

Just found your blog. Beautiful job! I am thrilled to see so many great ideas.

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Wow - what a list you have put together. I am going to start browsing! Thank you!

Mindy said...

Great decorations! I'm afraid to admit it, but we don't get into decorations around here. Just plain old pens with flowers on the ends in pots for our fall deco. **blush** But I have enjoyed looking at everyones!

The Runyans said...

kimba. .
will you leave me a message on my blog and tell me if your trim around your black door is white or off white? i can't tell by the pic, and i'm in MUCH NEED of some help!

my contractor wants to know next week my trim colors, and my brick isn't even up yet.

ahahahah............