17 October 2008

Coming Home

photo source: Sean Ford

I just got home from a long trip.

The road home was long and tiring. There were detours and traffic jams. There was bad weather and long stretches of boredom. At times, I thought I might never get home.

And then I did...I arrived home. And it was so right.

It looked like home. It smelled like home. It felt like home. It's where I was meant to be.

My loving God gave me tiny glimpse of what it's going to feel like when I get to heaven.

I'll be home.



post signature

35 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

asnipofgoodness said...

and Oh what a day that will be....when the face of my savior I shall see!! Can't wait!!!

Emily said...

Sometimes, home is just the place to be!

Annabelle said...

There's nothing like coming home! Kimba, you have an award waiting on my blog!
Annabelle :)

Heathahlee said...

Kat and I were talking about going home the other day...I told her I'm 'bout ready!

Tulsi said...

I love streets lined with trees. it is my fantasy house lane. It's beautiful.

Jenn said...

Amen, sister! Hi, I'm not really all that new here but I don't think I've commented before. I hope you had fun on your trip. :)

abeachcottage said...

Hi Kimba

sigh that really is one of the best feelings, funny this post because I was only just thinking today that this cottage is really beginning to feel like home, like a home that I love, I think that takes a while doesn't it?

oh and very inspiring sofa makeover, I am in the midst of moving around my living room, but like you with the current situation a new sofa to go with the one we already have is outta the question, I've been racking my brains what to do...

Sarah

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Wonderful thoughts! Jackie

Suzann said...

Home. Wonderful thoughts. Thank you.

emily freeman said...

What a great post! There is nothing like coming home. My husband says it's the best part of a trip. I'm glad he feels that way. I know I do.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I love to come home after being away. Sometimes it's just what I need to be reminded of all that I should have to be thankful for.

duchess said...

Our home is our foundation - there's no place like it.
That's why I try to make it wonderful for my family while we're here.

Kathryn said...

Oh, I can't wait to be "home"! Come, Lord Jesus, come!

Anonymous said...

Morning, Kimba!! I'm so glad you're home and safe. Like Dorothy says in The Wizard of Oz - there's no place like home, there's no place like home!!
I once heard Billy Graham say arriving in Heaven is like waking up in your own room! What a day that will be!! Hallelujah!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Courtney said...

woohoo! sometimes I just can't wait for that day!

Inspired Kara said...

Thanks for keeping our perspective eternal :)

Carry Grace said...

There really is no place like home.

Vanessa Greenway said...

I'll be leaving for a really long trip soon and I'm already missing my home. And yes, I'm sure when we get to heaven it will be like HOME! xo Vanessa

Emily said...

Wow, what a nice thought and inspiration. Won't that be a wonderful day! Love your blog!

GingerLouise Clothing said...

Nice post and I love all the comments. I hope I have created a place for my daughter that makes her feel safe and protected and a place she will always want to return to.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ahh...there is nothing like it (except when I walk in from 2 days away to unwashed football uniforms that were left on the washer). We came in the door and all the kids said, why does it smell so bad?"
Ah...yep, ,nothing like coming home...
Oops - did I miss the point of your post? hee hee

CMB said...

There is just something so comforting about the smell of your house after you have been away. Our house is almost 5 years old but still smells "new" after we have been gone a few days!

Laural Out Loud said...

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? I LOVE coming home after being gone for a while. I feel complete again.

Valarie Lea said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound :)

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

love your blog, i love coming home...it's my favorite place to be!

Jennifer said...

Great post..thanks for the reminder! This world is not my home!

Nancy Hood said...

welcome home, and what a peaceful fall scene!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog on Blog around the World. I am hoping to move to PA in the next few years. I love your pictures, thanks for sharing! I'll be back!

Virginia said...

There is no place like home. And if we are bless with a loving and peaceful home, is even better. My prayers are for those that don't know that joy.
God Bless, Virginia

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Wherever we may roam. . . there is no place like home!!!! There is no place I'd rather be on this earth and someday my home will be GLORY!!!

Blessings,

Sher

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Lucky you seeing those beautiful fall colors. We had 94 degree weather today in SoCal and my kids (students) had to run the mile. AGH!! They don't even know what autumn is. Glad to see you enjoyed getting home.

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

I can totally relate today, after a similar day-long tiring journey home - flight delays at every turn - I even shed a few tears ... home is so sweet!

Jennifer P. said...

There's a reason they say "there's no place like home" Such a comforting thought!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That picture is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog..can't wait to come back and read more..:)
I am visiting from Texas via BATW.. come visit..