18 October 2008

Simply Saturday

Just a few of the Good Things (I'm channeling Martha today) that I saw in blogland this week.



The Domestic Goddess (gosh, I love that title) from Montrealaise en Californie . Has a fabulous post with fall and halloween decorations. I love, love, love the bats and mice! Make sure you go the whole way through the post. She has tons of good pictures!


Have you seen this post from Erin at Life is a Banquet? She was channeling Martha too when she did this one! Spooooooky! And fantabulous!


This one is brilliant! The beautiful writer of Cottage Bluebird couldn't find the type of bookshelf that she wanted at a price that she could swallow. So what did she do? She made one herself! Well, she actually remade a bookshelf that she already had into one that she loved.


Andrea from Big Creek Cottage shares the makeover she did on her window treatments. She calls them mistreatments but anything that involves a sewing machine is a full-on treatment in my book. My version would have involved fabric glue, safety pins and a stapler. Hers, however, is WONDERFUL! As an aside, can I tell you how much I love how freely she uses word SHAZAM! Cracks me up!




post signature

14 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Well I'd have to agree with you there, girl. Those are full on window treatments! Sheets hanging from tacks with some glue gun fringe would be more along the lines of what I would make myself! Beautiful! All the ideas are amazing. Great finds!

xo

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thank you Kimba! That was really cool!

xoxo!

Deb said...

I love those drapes!

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Kimba,
Thanks for sharing the blogland goodness with us all. I'm off to check them out!

Suzann said...

Good Morning Miss Kimba!
Martha Stewart surely rocks the Halloween Decor world for sure. I've been amazed at the creative decorations I have seen in blogland. I surely am one
very lame Fall-o-weenie decorator in comparison.
That bookcase from Cottage Bluebird rocks! Thanks for the linkie, I'm going to visit there in a few minutes. I too loved Andrea's drapes.

Darlene said...

Thanks for sharing...I'll be checking them out.

Valarie Lea said...

Again I love these post, lots of idea :)

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Beautiful and fun ideas!! Stop by my blog, I have a little surprise waiting for you!

Blogger said...

All great and beautiful projects!

Do you ever go to Artie Ben's blog, Color Outside the Box? I have link to it in my blog list. He just took one of those cheapie bookshelves recently and added molding to it and painted...looks great, not sure if he is done yet, or still in the process...but so far, it looks great, I love his site :)

I featured several Etsy shops on my blog today if you want to come over and take a peek sometime. I love Etsy!

Bella :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks for more Saturday inspiration. I consider you an inspiration for letting others share the spotlight.

Just for fun: I've added two more Halloween posts with things I've made on them. If you stop by you will need to scroll past my 'Wednesdays' post.

Mary Lou

Alison said...

Hey Kimba! I LOVE the Halloween posts you showed!! I love all of Martha's halloween decorations&ideas and these ladies hit it RIGHT ON!! I adore those window treatments on the last post! Mine would however be like the ones the Nester showed the tutorial for on her blog.~LOL~I need it plain&simple with NO sewing involved. Have a great weekend hun! We live only about 30 mins from Gatlinburg,Pigeon Forge and the Smokey Mountains here in TN so were going to check out all the fall foliage while it's at peake!~Alison

Anonymous said...

I just went to look, errrr, they sure aren't mistreatments, I'm inspired to get my sewing machine out again! phew the talents in blogland amaze me..and I'm just off to look at at the bookcase

thanks for the roundup, I seem to have missed lots the last couple of weeks so it's good for your to highlight the best bits!

sarah

jori-o said...

Thanks for the great links!

Anonymous said...

Shazam......I love seeing my new treatments on A Soft Place to Land...I got my inspiration from Manuela (link on my post)....I hope to see more curtain redo's in Blog land....Thanks for the blog LOVE~