27 September 2008

Simply Saturday

Here are just a few of the things that I loved around the blog world this week. Actually some of them are from last week because I was slacking and didn't get a post up.



I love this fall centerpiece from Layla at The Lettered Cottage. It's so perfectly fall without using typical fall elements. And while you're there, click on her link to her audition video for HGTV's Design Star. The link is in her sidebar on the right. I know you'll want to give her a 5 star rating. She's so sweet, beautiful and talented. I would love to watch her on the show.



Go check out the ridiculously fantastic coat rack that Astrid from The Lopsided House made from a pair of skis. I think I clapped my hands and squealed when I saw it!



Now you all know how I love a good bench makeover. Here is a great one from Nikki at Blah, Blah, Blah, blog. Toile. Need I say more? Well, I will. Nikki is so much fun and her blog is definitely worth a good look around.



And one more thing...Jill from North Carolina is one of my readers who doesn't have a blog. I know. I know. It's crazy. But we love her anyway! :-) She emailed me a picture of the thrifty cloche that she made yesterday. I love it and thought you would too.

post signature

21 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Rachel Berry said...

Cute stuff! I actually own a set of vintage ski's that I used to only get out for the holidays.
I purchased them from an elderly lady who said she could only let them go for...... $5.00. I said in my most calm voice. Ahhhh okay I guess I take them.... SCORE!! This is a great idea. Thanks for the link.

Beth at Aunties said...

Really cool stuff! It would be awesome if Layla could get on the show. Love her ideas. In fact I enjoyed all the cool ideas you posted. Niki's bench turned out so cool!
Have a fun weekend.

Kris said...

all good things. Have a great weekend,

Bo said...

Fun ideas..I especially loved the arrangement Layla made...I hope she makes the show! ;-) Bo

Darlene said...

Great stuff. I hope Layla gets on the show...she would be great. I LOVE your friends cloche that she made...why can't you talk her into blogging?

Virginia said...

Thank you for the link and the ideas. I have to try making a cloche, fun idea.
I enjoy all your posts.
Blessings, Virginia

Missy Wertz said...

After seeing your cloche yesterday morning, I went out and bought supplies and made one. Posted it to my blog yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Valarie Lea said...

I love the saturday post you do, that way I can go look at all these wonderful blogs! :)

duchess said...

All great projects.
Thanks, Kimba.

nikkicrumpet said...

YAY I feel like a movie star lol...thanks so much for including me in this great tour of cool stuff! I love the ski coat rack...and Layla's simple centerpiece is gorgeous! Have a wonderful Saturday!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yep, I can humbly say that I got my dear friend, Jill from NC, hopelessly hooked on blogland....(and you :)
That's what I get for sending her an email with my link...hee hee

Lorie said...

I need that bench! NEEED!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

And I have to add that I am laughing so hard right now...I am just getting out some of the fall things, and I put a gourd under my glass cake dome...trying to be all cute and stuff, and my five year old says, "that looks weird. It looks like it's stuck in there and can't get out."
Yep, a girl after Kimba's own heart (after your last post).

Anonymous said...

nice round up as always, I just looked at them, love the stool makeover

Sarah

Lettered Cottage said...

Thank you Kimba!
You're so sweet for including my little arrangement in this post. I'm so glad you liked it. :-)
I REEEEEALLY hope HGTV comes-a-callin' too....I'll post any good news on my blog IMMEDIATELY when/if I get it!

Hugs,
Layla
The Lettered Cottage

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! Everything is so pretty. The cloche turned out really nice!

Blogger said...

That cloche is clever, your reader needs to BLOG :)

Thanks for the weekly wrap ups, Kimba!

Bella

Maureen said...

I love, love, love that bench!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thank you for another wonderful Simply Saturday. You're the greatest!!!
And thanks so much for stopping by to see my silly branch tree just because I asked you to. : )

M.L.

Merrie said...

Wow on the skiis -- that would be perfect at a ski cabin. If I had one, I'd do it. :\

Debbie said...

I love all of it! And I can't wait to see your rehab! Hey how about our Nittany Lions!!!