26 September 2008

I'm A Copycat

And I'm OK with that. Hey! That rhymes!

Did you see the nifty, thrifty glass cloche that Marie at Watch the Wind Blow By made from glass candleholders? She's brilliant! And I had to copy her.


Here are the pieces that I used. The two glass pieces are from Dollar Tree and I had the glass knob laying (or is it lying?) around. I hot glued the three pieces together and that was it.

So am I the only freak who can't bring myself to put something like a bird under a cloche. It looks like it's trapped and suffocating.

See what I mean? Yeah, I'm a freak.

And make sure you stop back next week. I'm working on my biggest rehab project yet and it should be done for Monday.

post signature

48 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Trisha said...

LOL!! Is that Diego? Poor fellow. I will be running to my dollar tree tomorrow. After seeing both of your cute hand made cloches I think I will pile on that band wagon.

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

That's a great little project! I'm definitely a copycat, too! I love using other people's ideas...all throughout my home!

Lacey in the Sky said...

He does look trapped! haha... you're too funny! I love your "stolen" project- that's so clever!

Inspired Kara said...

OHhhh hilarious!!

I love the crystal accent.

Unknown said...

You are funny! That is such a cute idea to put all that together.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You copy away, girl...we have all copied you once, twice....(3 times I lady....couldn't resist. It's 2am, and I need some sleep). I scored a huge cloche at the Good will but the top little part was off. Hmmmm, would it work to glue this on?

Anonymous said...

Kimba,
You have done it again! What a great job!

Kris said...

love it. Go diego, go! I am thinking of copying now too. teehee!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimba,
I think Marie's idea is great...I've seen lots of blogs that copy her! (although I haven't gotten around to that one..but it's on my list)

Usually we are copying you! So glad you found something you liked in blogland to give back to all you've given everyone else.

Have a great day!

Bo said...

Hey, that is a great copycat idea. I bought one new cloche and found one at a thrift store without its topknot...now I know what to do with it...Thanks Kimba!
;-) Bo

duchess said...

Turned out great. Don't feel bad for copying Marie - you're allowed to give your creative mind a break every now & then.

Poor Diego.

TupeloLove said...

Great idea! I love it. Hot glue guns and spray paint are a girl's best friend, I don't care what anyone says!

Missy Wertz said...

I like it! I want to copy cat that too. I looked at the prices of those the other day and grabbed my chest! I have a final from lowes for .20 that ended up in a drawer. I will use that. Will go by the $ Tree today!

Marie said...

Welcome to the copycat club! lol I'm quite flattered! I love the handle you used... a lot! Let that kid outta there before he DOES suffocate! lol

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Poor Diego...he looks like he's trying to karate chop his way out! hehe :) Love that cloche, what a great copycat idea!

Blessings,
Stacey

Wendy said...

You're a crackup! I like the pears better under glass than Diego anyway ;-) I made one too but I didn't put a handle on top...I love the idea of the crystal knob, I think I'm off to find one.

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

That's so clever - imitation is the best form of flattery, right?

Anonymous said...

Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

PS have you freed Diego?

Amanda said...

Copycat away girl! I like how you put your own spin on this project. I'm a copycat too! :-)

Darlene said...

Isn't that the greatest project that Marie came up with. I copied it a while back and LOVE them!!! I am glad you finally got to copy someone instead of us always copying you!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love your style Kimba! My nephew used to call him Doo-wego...

ROXY said...

haha, you're too funny! What a clever idea! Did it take very long to dry?

Georgia Girl said...

Love it...Poor Diego, he is stuck in the glass jar. hehehe...someone will rescue him I am sure of that...maybe Dora will drop in.
Yep I copycat so many talented women around here...your one of them...have a good weekend Kimba!

Valarie Lea said...

Love the little pears! I have just repainted me some birds to put under a little cloche, but I don't know if I can now.

Shilo said...

I'm with ya on that one! Creativity is merely knowing whose ideas to steal! :)

Caren said...

I think it's safe to say Marie would be fine with your copying...she's the first to admit that she's a copy cat! ha ha!

I'm really looking forward to your big rehab project. I've come to a stand still with mine because it's a HARD one for sure. I'll get it finished someday...in my "free" time.

Jaxon said...

Yes I saw hers and I loved it (yours turned out great too). I ran went to 3 different stores but didn't find what I needed so maybe now I'll have to try a dollar store. I don't like the idea of a birdy suffocating either!

Tausha said...

I too love the talent that marie share with us all. I just hven't found the right peices to copy with!
I am pretty sure, no positive that I would put Diego and Dora under a cloche-so they would both stop singing!
Terrible, I know I am, It's ok.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Yeah, but at least it is only Diego.

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I must copy you! Love Diego under the glass...I think my daugther has some little pet shop animals........

AJ said...

I've been wanting to make one of these! I like how you used the glass knob!

Lettered Cottage said...

Hi Kimba!

Go ahead! Link my "Fall Centerpiece" post! And thanks, in advance, for the extra traffic!

Hugs,
Layla
The Lettered Cottage

Heather said...

I love this idea! Cloche's can be so expensive.

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Heathahlee said...

You crack me up! But the copy is beautiful anyway! I can't wait to see what you're doing Monday!

nikkicrumpet said...

YIKES....somebody let the poor little guy out before he suffocates! I love the cloche...I finally broke down and bought one so I wouldn't feel clocheless...now It looks like I better be making one! And you surely can link to my posts anytime. I'm just thrilled you think something I did was link worthy. Unless of course you're using it as an example of "what not to do" and then I guess I'm still flattered lol. Have a great night!

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

That Marie...she is a creative genius!! I love copying her ideas too!!

Anonymous said...

Kimba, I am a copy cat too. I make everyones recipes and ideas all the time. You go girl. Your cloches are so darned pretty. I want to make some too.

Hugs...Jeanne

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That looks adorable! What do you have in there? Cute little fall fruit or something...it's a great color whatever it is. It's OK to be a copycat...aren't we all?
Carrie

Katie said...

I love it, and I have mine sitting her without the .20 cent lowes things. I could not fine them at mine? I will have to look around for some. I love all your ideas.

Laura said...

That is TOO funny! I am still laughing at Diego under glass! I need to find the pieces to do one of these!

Elle Jay Bee said...

I love this!! It is brilliant...no matter whose idea it is!! Don't you just love a great, affordable idea??!!

I think we've all been copycats at one time or another...that's the great thing about bloggers: they don't mind sharing ideas!!

Have a great weekend,
Linda

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Now you really have us wondering. I have got to get with it and put my little cloches together. Have a great weekend. Jackie

Ms_Pea said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who won't put something that can "breathe" under a bell jar!

I check out your blog every day looking for inspiration, and am never disappointed :-)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Now that's what I call a soft heart. Afraid of suffocating a fake bird. You're too cute Kimba!
M.L.

Lorie said...

Ahhhh! I need to make that!

Stacy said...

So cute! And yes, Diego trapped under there is a bit freaky. LOL.

~Stacy