06 August 2008

A Tidy Place to Sit

Just when I think that the sight of another box is going to send me right over the edge, I take a look at this little corner of my family room.


Ahhhhhh...A wee bit of order amidst the chaos. Its the perfect spot for my coffee and a bit of quiet time.

The table was a $25 find at the fleatique store. It is the perfect height and size for this little corner. I thought I was going to paint it until I got it home and realized how much I liked it with my painted black chairs.

I can look out the window and see this.



Unfortunately, I can also see this. Hello, Mr. John! But that's only temporary.



It's the perfect place to sit and do this.



It makes me happy.



post signature

40 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Unknown said...

glad your back online Kimba. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the house. What an incredible view!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Oh, I love it Kimba! I know your yard will look spectacular very soon too!! Keep it up girl! :) CAnt wait to see the rest of the house unfold!!

Anonymous said...

I love it, what a perfect place to chill!! I love to look outside at trees, I envy you your view. I can't wait to see the rest of your cute house.

Liz said...

That spot would be my favorite. I really love those chairs and think I would spend hours just looking out the windows.

cherry said...

OHHHHHHHHHH man o man...that view is like heaven. I love all the green. I miss green...we live in the high desert..all ponderosa pines. Your little "thought spot"...is adorable. cherry

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What a beautiful view!

Deidre said...

I love it and I LOVE that view (the first one, of course :)

Darlene said...

Already a beautiful spot and a beautiful view!! Life is good!!!

Marie said...

Oh I can tell I'm going to LOVE your new house. lol! What a beautiful corner...

Kitty Scraps said...

Fleatique, I love it! Kimba your little corner of sanity is lovely and your view is inspiring!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I'm new to your blog and I must say I LOVE it!

What a "perfect" corner to sneak away too! The piece's you've found are simply adorable!

Enjoy your new home and the new memories you'll be making!

Anonymous said...

Kimba, It looks like you are already on your way to making your house a home. What a terrific view (and I don't mean the truck.

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for a corner, wish I thought of it.

Looks so relaxing, lucky you.

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy too! I love your little corner. Looks so cozy and the view is lovely. My son would be all over the dump truck. :)

-- Brandi

Michelle said...

I love the view and the color of your walls. I'm glad that you are starting to get settled in a bit.

Take Care
Michelle

Trixi said...

What a view!!! That would be my daily Bible reading and meditating spot for sure. When we bought this house that was the first spot I was looking for. It looks like you may be out in the country. It's beautiful.

Free Art Printables said...

Woow, it looks so nice and cozy. what a beautiful view! Jen R

Shannon said...

Wow. What a steal for that table! It is beautiful! Now I can't wait to see the rest of your house! :)

Carry Grace said...

What a nice little cozy spot! I can't believe some of the bargains you come across. That is a beautiful view, well, at least on one side anyway!

Tiffany said...

Your view is AMAZING! What a blessing to start your day enjoying God's creation.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kimba, glad you are getting settled into that new house & I can't wait to see more. So, I take it this is new construction? That is a great view...well, except for the John, but it will be gone soon!

Come & join my "yardsale" party tomorrow!

Rhoda

TupeloLove said...

Ooh, that is such a nice, relaxing spot. I love all the sunlight. Can't wait to see more of the new place!

Kathryn said...

Beautiful! Isn't it satisfying to create a cozy little nook here and there? Ahh ...

scargosun said...

I LOVE it! Everyone should have their little space. :)

Unknown said...

Sometimes a small little corner of peace is all we need...

Anonymous said...

Morning, Kimba. I love your little corner. Precious table and chairs and your view is beautiful! I want a tour! I want a tour!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Heathahlee said...

I love it! Very peaceful looking. I'd like the bay window in my kitchen to be a peaceful sitting area one of these days, but that won't be until we can tile in here, and fix the windows, and paint the cabinets...sigh...I'm gonna go take a nap.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

AHH - we all need at least one perfectly cozy spot in our home. I know you will make many more.

Stacy said...

Great de-stressing spot! I love it! Good to have you back and I am wishing you no carboard papercuts!

~Stacy

Christina said...

Such a lovely little corner to get away from it all.

Looking forward to seeing all of your great ideas for the new house.

{oc cottage} said...

WOW! It makes me happy too!!!!


M ^..^

Lana said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm glad you commented because I have looked at yours before and marked it under my favorites but I haven't had the chance to comment until now! I love this corner...it looks so peaceful and the view is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a nice little spot.... I need to find a spot here to call my own...maybe when the kids go back to school. Susie h~

Debbie said...

It looks so lovely and inviting Kimba! I, too, put pillows on my chairs! So comfy and softens things up a bit.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see more, just get one corner together makes all the chaos seem bearable

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

very nice as always....enjoy. Is that ice coffee or ice tea ?

Gina said...

I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
So peaceful and restful.
I won't EVEN share what I get to see out my windows.
-sigh-
Maybe in Heaven I'll have a view?!?!

Sarah said...

What a great spot to enjoy the indoors and out! Your table and chairs are so cute!

AJ said...

Kimba-I love your cozy corner:) That sure looks like the same table that I got at a flea market this year. Except you got a better deal;) Does the table have any decoration on the top? Just curious!

GeonHui's Bakery said...

Love this cute little spot! And I so enjoy your adorable blog. I love your purpose in making your home a soft place to land. What a beautiful thing. We share the same passion in that respect!