23 August 2008

Simply Saturday

I'm so glad it's Saturday! We have a busy weekend with a birthday party for my younger son but I'm looking forward to having the hubby around so I can call upon his muscles to move some things around.

Here is a small sampling of the things that I really appreciated around blogland this week.

I have a major sweet tooth so this post from Melissa at The Inspired Room really hit the spot for me. Somehow she managed to share beautiful ideas and pictures with us while helping to plan her daughter's wedding. This candy bar from the reception was beautiful to the eye and the mouth.


Jen from Sanctuary Arts at Home is one of my favorite bloggers. Her blog was recently hacked, but she is back up and running. She is talented and inspiring and she does the most amazing things with furniture. I love what she did with this curbside find! You also MUST read her post from Tuesday where she gave instructions for adding molding to a plain door to make a faux paneled door. Brilliant!

Another Jen at The Cottage Nest showed a great before and after on a sweet little cabinet that she found at an estate sale. I love little cabinets like this and her French inspired version is so oo-la-la! Fantastique!


Wendy from The Shabby Nest combined two fantastic things - toile and barn stars - in one fabulous project. I actually squealed with delight when I saw the finished product! If you haven't already, you must take a few moments and browse through some of her old posts. She has a beautiful blog and such great ideas!





post signature

16 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Oh, that star is too cool! I cant wait to go check everything out! :)

Kitty Scraps said...

Great post Kimba, definitely some of my favorite blogs that I need to visit again.

I had not considered the metallic spray paints at all for my lamps, I'm going to give that some thought, it might just save me a lot of time and trouble. And Big Lots for lamp shades, they were not even on my radar, thanks!

Anonymous said...

that star is great!!! boy, i hope that she comes to look at your blog and comments because i would love to buy one from her!!! i'm not artistically inclined, but i would love to "have me some star!" and her blog doesn't allow for anon comments........please contact me at uswood1@optonline.net

Stacy said...

Ohhh, I love that candy bar! Salt water taffy for a beach side wedding. LOVE IT!

You always find the winners, Kimba!

~Stacy

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Thanks for the links, I love seeing them! Have a great weekend! :)
-Carrie

Kathryn said...

Thanks, as always, for doing all the legwork, Kimba! Hope your son has a wonderful birthday!

Weekend blessings ...

Free Art Printables said...

Kimba, thanks so much for mentioning me! I am going to check out the other sites too. I love the inspired room! Jen

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Thanks for the mention, and the links! Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
melissa

Unknown said...

These are great ideas Kimba. I love your posts on Sat...and the other 6 days too! LOL
diane

Blogger said...

If I were posting a blog like this, I would have included your vase/candlestick/fun decor post from yesterday I think it was...I will now be on the hunt for a tray like the one you used for that!

Thanks for sharing these fund projects, I hadn't seen all of them.

Bella :)

Debra from Bungalow said...

You sure came up with some great things! What a wonderful blog you have here. Thanks for all the ideas.
DebraK

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey Kimba

Thanks for the heads up on some great blogs...I've been to some of them...but I gotta go check out that toile star!!!! AWESOME!

Traci said...

I love your Saturday posts. It's like spending a tour-guided day out window shopping without actually having to leave the house.

(your posts on other days are equally divine ;-)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea - a birthday party by Kimba? Oh, you know that it's going to be a great post!!

Anonymous said...

Kimba, I enjoyed all of your things, but the star is fabulous. I enjoyed the links too. Nice post.

Hugs, Jeanne

Mrs. B said...

Oooh, those are all so cute! You picked some great projects to feature. Hope you are having a great weekend!