09 August 2008

Simply Saturday

Hi gals! This is the post that I had planned to put up last Saturday. I was going to be so on the ball and have it scheduled to post Saturday morning even though we didn't have internet access at the new house. Well, life got in the way and before I knew it the movers were carrying off the last of my things including my modem so there was no way to post.


Anyway, here we are a week later and I still love these ideas.

You all know how I love a good before and after, right? Well Mrs. Cherrylicious at Cherry's Jubilee had three in one post. Two picture frames and a wall shelf. You have to check out the wall shelf makeover. It's meant to hang on the wall but she turned it UPSIDE DOWN and used it on her kitchen counter. Brilliant!


Molly at Molly and Marshal has a fantastic post about a treatment that she did to her hallway. It's simple and striking at the same time. I absolutely love this! And she has a fantastic tip for dealing with the smell of paint while you're working.


Marie at Watch the Wind Blow By shared her daughter's brand new bedroom. It's beautiful! I love the colors that she chose. I never would have thought to put them together and they look fantastic. It's girly and fun but mature at the same time. Love it!




This post from Stacy at The Nesting Spot is an old one but I love it so much that I had to share it. I love silhouette art and she puts a unique spin on it with everyday objects and beautiful backgrounds. I am soooooo going to steal this idea (and give her credit, of course). :-) Stacy has since started a new blog called 19 Butternut where she "chronicles the good, the bad, and the ugly" of renovating a 1960's cape cod.





post signature

13 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Tausha said...

Looks like I wont be going to bed as early as i was hoping! Dang you!

Anonymous said...

I'm checking them out, gotta love a before and afer on the blogs, real life and real people, my fave occupation at the moment!!! lol!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Great ideas - I love finding new blogs (especially when someone else does all the digging). Thanks!

Kathryn said...

Kimba, Love all the tips on one post! Thanks. :-)

BTW, I have contacted Lena and Simply Fabulous, and she is helping me "pretty up" my site next week. Thanks for that referral, too. :-)

Weekend blessings!

Stacy said...

I am completely honored that you like my idea! Thanks so much!

And I found Molly and Marshall just now thru you and its great too! So thanks for that!

~Stacy

Marie said...

I am SO flattered that you like my daughter's room! Thanks for the shout out. :o) And a bigger thanks for a new link. I've become familiar with Mrs. Cherrylicious (hee hee) and Stacy, but not Molly! I'm sure that's another blog I have to add to my reader. Thanks!

Darlene said...

I have been enjoying 3 out of the 4 you showed us for awhile now. They always have some great ideas!!! I'll have to check out the other one now....thanks!!

Lana said...

I love the colors in the bedroom! They are beautiful!

I really like the shelf in the kitchen and the frame on it. :) Cute!

cherry said...

Rofl...I think I am familiar w/ one of those pics! Thanks Kimba...very humbled and happy to know you liked my projects. Your a sweetie! cherry

Anonymous said...

Better late than never! Love how you showcase great finds... Im still laughing at your neighbors.. wish some of mine were that nice...

Maude Lynn said...

I will definitely check these out!

Anonymous said...

Evening Kimba! Love all the ideas. My mind won't shut down with all I want to do and no time to do it in!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

TupeloLove said...

Thank you so much for the "shout out"! I feel so honored and important! I love the other ones you put up, too. Can't wait to check them out!