08 August 2008

I Finally Met My Next Door Neighbors!

And they were so sweet!


This family brought us some banana bread and asked us to dinner next week.

These gals asked if we wanted to get together for a play date.



This lady just said, "Would you put a blind on your bathroom window already? We've got kids down here."



Do you ever feel like everyone is looking at you? Yeah, me too.



I really feel like we've been moooooooooving on up. ;-)



post signature

34 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Nancy Hood said...

silly girl :) love the pastoral hee hee snapshots~

V and Co. said...

ha! you have the same kind of neighbors i do, they make the BEST kind!

Anonymous said...

This was too cute!☺

Fifi Flowers said...

Do they not have the sweetest faces and those BIG eyes! Makes me want to be a vegetarian :(

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Great neighbors! I hope you enjoy getting to know them. Have a great weekend and don't work too hard. Jackie

Rae said...

Oh! So adorable! They remind me of neighbors I had in the past... GOATS!

Caren said...

Your neighbors look an awful lot like my neighbors. I sure hope yours don't stay up partying and causing a racket like mine do. Those cows can be really wild you know. We've had to call the local cops a couple of time because they got too crazy and started tipping each other! It's really made me think about mooooving back to The City where things are quiet and calm. Good luck.

Priscilla said...

Wish I had neighbors like these.

Frustrated Farmgirl said...

I love it! Cows are funny. My husband is working right next to a feedlot right now and he said the cows will stand there and watch them work. I supposed they (the cows) get bored?
Love your blog. I think I found it from Nester. Congrats on your new home!

duchess said...

I thought I'd crossed over to Pioneer Woman for a second there.

I think those neighbors could be the best kind.

Unknown said...

I would love to have your neighbors...mooing is much better than snearing...

Darlene said...

You are too funny!!! I think those would be great neighbors except maybe for the smell...lol

Marie said...

LOL Your new neighbors are very attractive! :o) However...if they bring over a "welcome to the neighborhood pie" don't take it! ha ha ha Get it? A COW PIE? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

Kimba... thanks for the smile. I needed that!

Anonymous said...

Well no wonder you have only met one neighbor! I was not aware that you moved to the country. You may not see your neighbors until next spring!

I do love the animal friends. I'm telling you, Henry would love to visit. You have dump trucks and cows. What little boy wouldn't love to play at Kimba's house?
-- Brandi

Courtney said...

LOL...I would love to meet a cow that can make banana bread. Heck, I'd settle for meeting a cow that can SAY "banana bread".

Anonymous said...

LOL...your funny!! Love the put some blinds in the bathroom window we have kids down here one..
I have to tell you, those are GORGEOUS cows. I have some experience with farms and cows, those are very handsome ones. Great pictures!!

Shannon said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

I love cows! You are so lucky to live near them.....except when they start 'going away' I would be so sad. Those are great pics!!!

Heather said...

At 7 1/2 months pregnant I could easily be one of your new neighbors! We currently live in the city and can literally open our dining room window and pass things to our neighbor through their open window! Can't wait to move with a little more open space.

angela | the painted house said...

Looks like they were just as interested in you as you were in them! Don't you just want to take those calves home to love on?

Thanks for the smile today!

Kelly said...

Thanks! I needed a good laugh today.

Tausha said...

my husband would be in heaven! Congrats on the move! I hate the moving part, but I love how all my stuff looks new again! Not enough though that I am going to move too soon!

Unknown said...

they would really get along with tehfolks that live behind us. They have a lot in common. lol

Heathahlee said...

What friendly neighbors! Ask them if you can borrow a cup or hundred of milk. It's kind of expensive right now. I bet they wouldn't mind.

scargosun said...

I LOVE IT! Cows are so cute. They are second only to sheep in my book. :)

Jeanne said...

Kimba, I love your sense of humor. The cows are fun. Great expression photos. Smile. Have a great day.

Jeanne

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Tooo Funny!

Stacy said...

LOL!!!! I was all, "oooh, the neighbors have cows!". Then I got the joke. Very funny!

~Stacy

Gina said...

Now THAT'S the kind of neighbors I wish I had!!!!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

What handsome neighbors you have! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute dialogue with the cows, I'm getting a Barnyard Animals flashback

Anonymous said...

What a cute dialogue with the cows, I'm getting a Barnyard Animals flashback

Katy said...

AHAHAHAHA!!!! loved this!!!