03 August 2008

I'm So Disconnected!!!!

Literally disconnected. As in no internet, no telephone and no TV. Take away the water and electricity and it's a regular Little House on the Prairie over here.

Thank goodness for Panera! Here I sit with my Iced Mocha Latte and my laptop. Ahhhhhhh. Life feels pretty good right now. Did I mention that I'm sitting here alone? Heaven. It's been killing me that I couldn't get online for the past few days. I just knew you all were posting sweet supportive comments and I couldn't read them!

Well anyway, we're moved in and everyone is still alive. I was thrilled that we made it to church this morning and everyone had on matching clothing. Small steps.

Moving day went very well. I had planned to show you tons of pictures of the chaos that was moving day but my camera battery died and I haven't been to the store to buy a new one. You'll just have to take my word about the utter chaos and confusion.

Boxes everywhere. 15 trips back and forth between the houses. Thankfully they're only 4 miles apart. Movers who suddenly couldn't take certain things at the last minute. How exactly am I going to move a portable basketball hoop with 450 pounds of sand in the base. I'll tell you how. Some else's U-haul and 3 big strong manly men! Be still my heart.

Most of the big furniture is in the house along with some of the boxes. The mobile storage thingy is sitting in the new driveway and we're slowly emptying it. I still haven't found my dishes and we're doing just fine with 4 plates and plastic silverware.

I'm absolutely giddy about the fact that we have a gravel driveway for a while. I can spray paint out there to my heart's content with no complaints about overspray from my hubby. I may lose my mind though about the fact that we have no grass yet. Our yard is one big mudpit or dust bowl depending on the weather. I've given up trying to keep the kids out of the dirt. I'll just have to start hosing them off in the garage. If I can find the hose, that is.

I was so relieved to see that so many of you cry when you move too. I was right about shedding tears on moving day. And the day after. And the day after. Today? So far, no. I think the problem is that we're so close to the old neighborhood. We were actually at a party at a friend's house last night. That friend lives across the street from our old house. It was weird sitting at the party and seeing our house but it's not our house anymore.

Anyway, no whining from me. I'm incredibly blessed and the couple that bought our house is so sweet. They actually let me go back after closing and dig up some of my favorite plants from the garden.

My internet should be back up sometime on Monday so I'll see you all soon!

post signature

24 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your lovely blog!♥

Darlene said...

Oh Kimba we miss you, but anyone that has ever moved knows the chaos of it all. I am glad you got to get on your laptop for awhile today and give us a little update. Can't wait to see what all you do over time in your new home. Blessings.

Cathy said...

Congrats on your move. Panera alone with coffee and a computer sounds absolutely wonderful!!

We will be moving in Nov and I am sure I will shed some tears too.
Can't wait to see the projects for the new house!

Kathryn said...

Hi, Kimba, I'm new to your post, so I don't know all the details of your move (I'll have to read back posts!), but I pray for God's blessings to blanket you in your new home!

Panera is great, isn't it? Our internet service was down for almost two months last fall (we weren't moving, but our internet provider just ... well ... I don't really know what happened to it!). Anyway, I spent a little part of each day at Panera, so I could check my e-mail and do my on-line banking!

Jackie ♥ said...

Kimba,

So glad you checked in! I was totally missing you and your lovely posts! I'm glad you have everything moved...now it will just take some time to get it all unpacked.
When we first moved into the home we built, we had my 2yr old nephew come stay with us for a month...our yard was a mudpit...and Ethan managed to get covered in mud,every day he was with uS! He would just run and jump off the porch..right into a puddle! Gotta love mud and little boys!

Have a wonderful time at Panera! :)

Jackie

Marie said...

I'm glad to hear your move is going so well! And it wouldn't be a move without a little chaos, right? :o)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Oh Kimba, Im so glad to see your back, we missed you terribly! I know moving day was hard, but just think of all the great new decorations you can get in this house! :)
I can't wait to see it all unfold!

Sarah said...

So glad that all went well with the move. We still have a "catch all" that we are using even 2 months after moving into our house. That's so nice that you were able to get some of your flowers! What a special blessing to have at your new house.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! See we are all still here waiting on you, smile... Im sure you will start feeling like it's home before long... Now the fun really gets started... You get to fluff your new nest... Just think fall,christmas... fun! miss you Susie h

Caren said...

Congratulations on your move! The dirt/mud pit sure sounds familiar as does the gravel driveway. We're still working on the grass but it's getting better and by next summer, I expect it to be great! ha ha!

Hope all goes well and that you find everything you need soon. I can't wait to see all that you have to blog about!

Carry Grace said...

I'm glad you were able to let us know the move went well. We will all be here when you return.

Claremont First Ward said...

Wishing you all the ease possible in settling in!

Stop by my blog Tuesday and pick up your award! :)

Heathahlee said...

So glad you're moved in! Still praying you get settled in and you find your dishes quickly. : )

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that all is well in the Kimba household. I've been thinking of you. I am jealous that you stole some alone time, but you deserve it.

Take it one box at a time. We'll be here waiting once you get connected.

-- Brandi

cherry said...

Hi Kimba! I am glad moving went well for the most part. Soooo many new little adventures wait you. YESSSSS...over spray...know it well. My dh is always worried the smell will get on his "unscented" hunting clothes. rofl.......take care, cherry

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Glad your move was safe. I know we will be seeing some lovely things from you soon. About the dust bowl of a yard, we have grass and if we don't get some rain soon ours is going to be a dust bowl. Looking forward to seeing you back!

Anonymous said...

HI Kimba! Oh, I've missed you, too! You're almost all the way up and running! I'll be looking forward to seeing your moving pictures. I can just imagine you hosing those little preciouses down in the garage!lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Merrie said...

Good luck as you dive into those many boxes! Enjoy the freshness of it all.

Kathy said...

Oh, Kimba, the worst is over now! Can't wait to see the pics of the move and of the magic you will work as you make your new house HOME!
Kathy

Rachel Berry said...

Wow your no internet, electricity, tv and so on sounds just like my Honeymoon. I kid you not. Except we had no running water or electricity we had NOTHING! Trust me there was not honey about that place. :)

;)R

Can't wait to see your new home all made up!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

So glad the move went smoothly. Yea, for gravel driveways...it's going on 11 years for us with lots of multi-spray painted colored stones.:)

Just Lisa said...

Oh, moving is so bittersweet! I can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move. Go buy spray paint, my family moves a ton and we all know the sooner mama is happy the sooner everyone else is!! I just really wanted to let you know how much I love your blog, especially Sunday Morgnings. Thanks for the good start to my sabbath day.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Just popping in to see how that move is going! Moving is such a happy sad frustrating exciting and exhausting experience! Hope you are taking good care!

Happy day & blessings to you in your new home!!!

Melissa