30 July 2008

Moving Day

Here comes the truck!


My sofa is wrapped up like a mummy. Kinda creepy, no?




And there goes our stuff!


I'm excited and sad at the same time. Very weird. I fear that I may shed a few tears today.



post signature

37 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

TupeloLove said...

It's hard to let go of a home you built memories in, but it's exciting to think of the new ones you'll make in the new home! Not to mention all the fun decorating that you'll do! I hope everything goes smoothly!

V and Co. said...

the minute you step foot in your new house and start decorating...all the blues will go away! i spraypainted my plates today and i love how they turned out!

Heathahlee said...

Like I told my other Kim friend one day...embrace your weepiness! : )

Shannon C said...

We just moved again for the 13th time in 15 years! We are a military family, so we know about moving. It is hard to leave every house because of the memories you make there. You will carry the memories with you, but leave the house behind. Soon, you will be making new memories in your new place.

Jackie ♥ said...

Kimba,

Hang in there, it is very hard to leave your old home for a new one,and you know what?? I did cry the weekend we got moved in...I think part out of exhaustion, part relief that the move was over, and of sadness because I left the house that my children have ever known...but it will be okay.
I am really enjoying our new little home, and the kids like it too. We are going to be celebrating 3 of my daughters birthdays this weekend/next week(yes, they are all 3 born within a week Aug. 3rd, 9th & 10th)... and it will be nice to have some special memories in our new home!

I can't wait to see what exciting things you'll do at your new home!!

Hugs from Missouri,

Jackie

Kristen said...

Aren't we lucky that our memories go with us? It's hard to leave, but think of the adventure you are starting. Can't wait to see what you do with your new home! How exciting!!!

Gina said...

I would be feeling sad to say goodbye to that beautiful hill, too- but once you get your new stuff in your new house and start performing your magic all over it, you'll be SO HAPPY!!!
How exciting!!
Unpacking boxes is always my favorite part of moving- you feel like you get a chance to do EVERYTHING different if you want to!!!
Have a blast- and be sure to keep us up in pictures!!
:-D

Darlene said...

Sad to leave your home I know....but exciting to be moving to a new one....new memories to make. I can't wait to see all your decorating in your new place. I'm sure you quickly will love it just as much as your old home. Best wishes for a smooth move.

Unknown said...

Good luck...I cried a LOT when we moved...but then again, I wasnt' moving into a dream home...

My best moving vibes your way...

Deanna said...

(hugs) What a busy day and an exciting time! Shed some tears, let loose some laughter, and definitely have fast food for dinner! :)

Liz Harrell said...

Aw Kim, I wish I could give you a hug. How I HATE seeing those moving trucks pull up. We're thinking of you!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Oh, I know that feels, but I agree, once you get in the new house, you wont even think twice about this one. You will be too busy decorating and telling all of us about it! :)

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I can see how it a happy and sad day. Enjoy the new house and i am sure the new owners are going to love the house you are leaving to them.

Mrs. Jones said...

I'm so excited for you! It's so much fun to make a new house your home.

~Heather

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Have a safe move and looking forward to seeing your new place

Anonymous said...

It's ok. Shed a tear or two, you're entitled. It is hard to move from a home that holds memories, but you can take those with you. It will be fun to see what new memories can be made in your new home.

And, was that a chair on top of the pile in the moving truck? Did you check references when you hired the moviers?? Kidding, only kidding. I'm sure everything has arrived safe and sound at the new ponderosa. Happy unpacking, my friend. -- Brandi

Ann said...

I cry every time I move.
best wishes and good luck

Michelle said...

Best of luck, I can't wait to see what you do with the new place.

Michelle

Infarrantly Creative said...

no spray painting of furniture today? You disappoint me? HA HA!

Carry Grace said...

I can't wait to see all of the new things that you will do in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Im sure it will be sad for you. I know I would shed a few myself. It's not just a house.. it's the memories inside it.. You can take those with you, smile... Cant wait till you get inside that nice new big one... Oh the fun you will have! Susie h~

cherry said...

HI Kimba! I know it is a very bittersweet feeling isn't? I remember feeling the same way 5 years ago when we moved. Aren't you glad the packing part is done though? Now you can unload things..kinda like having Christmas early! Good luck and can't wait to see all the decorating in the new house!

Merrie said...

It's your moving day and you can cry if you want to.
Good luck!

Annie said...

Happy Moving Day! It is so exciting to have a new home to go to. But the memories you leave behind tug at your heart. I know where you're at, I have been there too. Still, I can't wait for you to share all the decorating journeys with us!

Oh, and I love the black rocking chair. It looks great! I too have suffered from spray paint finger! haha

Stacy said...

Good luck! I agree with another commenter... as soon as you get unpacking it will feel like home.

Cheers!

~Stacy

Jennifer P. said...

Good bye old house, hello new! I think it would be harder to leave a place were it not for the miracle of photography :)! You can go back and visit the old place in pictures whenever you want while making memories in the new place. Happy Moving :)!

Mrs. B said...

Hey Kimba! Moving is sooo hard! Leaving the old home is sad, but moving to the new one is so exciting! Love the rocking chair!

Anonymous said...

Evening, Kimba! Oh, I know it's kinda hard sometimes to leave your home...but you're off to a new adventure! You're gonna make it, girl!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

oh I hope it goes well for you, you know it is sad but I think too it is filled with new possibilities and keeps you fresh, after moving a few times in the last few years it is amazing just how quickly you can make a new place home once your over those icky first few days, I wish I had some advice on how to make them easy but I don't, I'm sure some military mums must have some tricks up their sleeves

hope it goes well, will be waiting to see how you go!

Sarah

taratoons said...

I hope your move went/goes nice and smooth! I'm not a fan of moving! I can't wait to have a "tour" of your new home!

Claremont First Ward said...

Definitely bitter sweet. Hope it's not too sad leaving!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimba,
I shed a few tears when we sold our house 5 years ago...I had raised my kids there, and there were so many memories.

But, we soon got into the new house, started fixing it up, and now we're making memories with the grandkids! It'll be okay...and it's normal to be a little sad!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Kimba, this is my first visit to your blog. I came over from
Sheila at Note Song. I was attracted to your blog name and I admire your lovely profile. I see you are moving and I know how that feels. You will be surprised how quickly you will love decorating your new home and making it a 'soft place to land'.

I love the black rocking chair. The table could be a fun color. My family always says JDI (just do it):)

See you again soon,

Jeanne

Unknown said...

Aw, I just wanna give you a lil' hug. I do know how you feel as we just moved from our home in TX to NY this past summer.

I wish you many roads of happiness to follow behind the tears.

duchess said...

I'm so jealous. We're scheduled to be packed on the 14th & loaded on the 15th. I don't think it will ever get here.

There are always mixed feelings though. I'm not good with endings.

Anonymous said...

I will be doing this myself in the next few months so I understand your mixed feelings. It's hard to leave some things behind that has been so much a part of you.

I too fear there will be many tears, but also much excitement looking forward to my new home.

Hope the move goes well for you and you have fun setting up your new home.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I totally plan to copy this whole post in exactly 30 days. {when we move}. Sigh.