23 July 2008

Today I Have...

Packed the following:

  • 87 candles - I have a problem.
  • 3 bags of rocks for decorating - I hope hubby isn't reading this. He'll choke me for having to move bags of rocks.
  • 32 cans of spray paint - I wish I were kidding

Today I also:

  • Wanted to yell at my children 7 times
  • Controlled myself 5 times
  • Cried

Then I:

  • Spent part of naptime praying.
  • Read my bible.


I'm feeling a little better now.

28 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Julie said...

ahhh..the joys of moving!

Unknown said...

having a better day...worth it in the end.

Darlene said...

Oh, I feel for you. Moving is no fun....just relax and you will get it all done. I'm sending you some good vibes to get through today!!

Natalie said...

But at least you are PACKING ~ which means you are MOVING!! It will all be worth it in the end!!

Sarah said...

Crying, napping, praying and reading. Sounds like a very productive day in my book! Wishing you the best during this time of stress!

Jeni said...

That is funny...my hubby is sitting right here and I had to share part of this with him. I have moved more than a dozen times so I know how hard it is...Good Luck!

The Nester said...

in response to your comment about not having my camera cord over at my blog: smart butt. I'm still laughing!!!!!

in response to the fact that you have 87 candles, 3 bags of rock and too many spray cans: I didn't think it was possible to love you any more and now, i am eternally devoted to you for your embarrasing amount of spraypaint, rocks and candles. three of my favorite things.

Mom in High Heels said...

Bless your heart. I just moved (though the military moved us, so I dind't have to lift a thing) and they packed dozens of candles and 5bags of rocks for decorating. Dh looked at me like I had lost my mind when we opened the box. That's the only bad thing about moving. Dh got to see all the stuff I'd stashed away.

Trixi said...

87 candles. I am truly amazed. I had a box full but no where near 87. I wish I could come help you but reading your Bible is a great place to start.
Blessings~~

angela | the painted house said...

Moving is so hard! You are a smart woman to take the time to regroup and reconnect. Keep your eyes on the prize and take one day at a time!

Light some of those candles for you and your hubby and I have a good feeling he will forgive you for the bags of rocks!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you today. Sounds like you were productive with packing, parenting, and loving on the Lord.

You're one day closer!

-- Brandi

Unknown said...

Kimba,
I just discovered your blog recently...don't remember if I've commented or not!

I have been busy exploring lots of your old posts! Your furniture rehab posts have really inspired me! I may paint some small end type tables black because of you and Rhoda!

so, don't stree too much...you have blogging fans that depend on you!
Take it easy, and hang in there. Moving is a challenge, but you can do it!
Have a great day,
Diane

trish said...

I've never moved rocks before ... my loss! Because now if I want any lovely rocks ... I have to buy them! :o) Spray paint and candles, now that would be a big box. :o) Hang in there you are doing a wonderful job. You can never go wrong with prayers and Bible reading. :o) I will pray for you too!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Marie said...

Moving is SO stressful! I know...I've done it more times than I care to count.

I giggled about packing rocks. I have my husband move boxes of paper and magazines. He hates that. hee hee

Kelly said...

wowize - 32 cans of spray paint, I better get busy in catchin' up with ya! ;)

I know how you feel about moving.
When I became a single mother when my oldest turned 3 - we moved 7 times within 3 1/2 years. I also have lost so many things between those moves.

Hang in there, tomorrow will be a better day for ya. It will be over before you know it.

Be thinkin' of ya.

Lula! said...

You are so classy for being open and honest. There's not much more I can add to that, other than to say I pray tomorrow is easier. I can feel Him blessing you already...

Heathahlee said...

I only wish I could have your spray paint assortment. You are truly the Spray Paint Queen!

And I'm glad you controlled yourself those 5 times. That's 5 more times you didn't yell at your kids. You are a good Momma!

Trixi said...

Kimba,
I know how incredibly busy you are right now, but if you get a chance, I posted a help me post and would love your .02 on my room, if you get a chance.
Thanks,
Trixi

Anonymous said...

I knew I loved you for a reason...Your just you! Gotta love those cans of soray paint ...all of em'... Susie h~

sheila from life @ #17 said...

it's okay...it'll get done, your kids will still love you and I don't think the Candle Police come until you have 100 or more candles...and tealights & votives don't count :)

(((A BIG MOVIN' HUG)))

Deanna said...

It will all pass and you'll get settled into your new home! hugs to you!

Kathi Roach said...

Love this post.

It'll be better soon.

Anonymous said...

87 candles. Is it wrong that I am jealous??? Probably. I counted 38 when I moved in April. IT'S AN ADDICTION.
Never, ever go to Candledelirium.com. You will spend your childrens' college education
:)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

ohhh...I am SOOO not looking forward to moving!

Gretchen said...

The first step is identifying your 'problem' ... I'm still in denial. You can never have too many candles!

I think your husband would respond the same way about the rocks as mine did when I bought 'twigs' for a floor vase.

Praying for your sanity!

Claremont First Ward said...

Congratulations on controlling yourself. I probably wouldn't have been able to. You DO have a thing for candles! Bet your house always smells so GOOD.

Kristen said...

I think you're handling all this stress pretty well if you ask me (and I know you haven't, but still...) I wanted to yell at my kids twice that amount today and we only thing I moved was Lauren's carseat from the car into the grocery store!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I will likely be moving in the next couple of months, and I am in major denial about all that needs to be done. I know I'll be crying too.

Best to you & blessings along the way,
Melissa