22 July 2008

Rehab Rehash

Have I showed you this chair?


Because now it looks like this.

You know how I did it. Wash. Prime. Paint. Done.

This was the first rehab project I ever posted. Waaaaaaaay back in April. No one was reading my blog then.

I blathered on and one about where I got it (Craigslist). How many I have (6). How much I paid ($75). And where they were from originally (Ethan Allen).

I bought them because the first people who were going to buy our house wanted our kitchen set too. We're now three buyers later and we're taking our kitchen set with us. Anybody want it? I've got extra chairs.

post signature

37 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Kristen said...

What a steal for Ethan A chairs!! Wow - Craigslist them again and I'll bet you'll get double the price!!

Lula! said...

I know a couple of girls who need to make their way on over to my neck of the woods. I'm looking at YOU, Kimba...AND Beckie.

Thankyouverymuch.

V and Co. said...

ugh..i want them but i don't think me carrying them on my back from the eastcoast to the middle of nowhere utah is going to be an easy thing to do...and then add 4 kids into the mix..what a mess. i wish i lived closer.

Annie said...

Cute chairs! I would love to have them, but shipping would be impossible, and I'm sure delivery is out of the question! haha!

Southerner said...

That looks fabulous! Love Ethan Allen.

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

Hi Kimba

I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award.

You can stop by my blog to pick it up :)

Kitty Scraps said...

Oh Kimba! Your chairs look amazing! Your rehab projects have helped me to view furniture in a whole new light. I now try to visualize things painted instead of just as they are. Wished we had a Craigs list around here... I could get into trouble for sure!
Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what you do next.

ugagirl30 said...

I'm totally digging those chairs. And I need six chairs. Love the rehab.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Great chair. I sure wish I had those around my dining room table. Definitely a great bargain!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

I need that chair (and 5 others please). I've been checking our Craigslist for weeks - no luck yet, but I'm even more inspired to wait for the right thing now. Thanks.

Trixi said...

I would love those chairs. I don't need them but would love them.LOL I think I'm a little far away though. You did a great job, as usual, Kimba.
Blessings~~

carrie said...

This is great!

Deb said...

Wow, great deal on the chairs. I love Craigslist. It is truly amazing the things you find on there. I would love those for my kitchen, but my hubby would kill me for buying more chairs when we already have some.

Caren said...

Looks gorgeous and I wasn't reading your blog back then so I'm glad you posted it again.

As for the stuff you showed yesterday, you have some GREAT stuff there and NO, you aren't the only one who collects stuff for later when you're going to use it.

I love the lamps and need lamps SO badly in my living room. I'd never be lucky enough to find them that inexpensively though.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I wish I could buy those. My darn addiction to Pottery Barn forced me to give in to a set of overpriced chairs two months ago...why didn't I look on Craigs List!? Definitely put them back on there. They are GORGEOUS! :)

Unknown said...

LOL...isn't that always the way. I bet you could put them ...hey wait...Kris said exactly what I was going to say...

Anyway, when you do a nice job like that...might as well benefit from it.

Marie said...

GREAT chairs! If I had any inkling of where you lived and gas wasn't a million dollars a gallon I'd take them off your hands. :o) Not that I have any room for them...I just LOVE them. lol

Nicol said...

I love them! If I was in the area I would certainly purchase them or even your dining room set off of you. I am in need of a new kitchen table. Mine is old and oakey and tried to paint it once and still looks sad.

Val said...

Craigslist!!!!!

I say with exclamation because I never remember to check there and it makes me so mad at myself!!!

Deb said...

Hi Kimba, I love those chairs and I'm so excited to hear that you have sold your home and are actually moving to the new one. Congratulation's! I didn't know. I've been kind of out of it, my dad passed two weeks ago. I can't wait to see what you do with the inside and will be watching for the decorating of the back porch. Enjoy! Deb

Anonymous said...

Morning Kimba! Wow, Ethan Allen chairs? I love what you did and you've done an excellent job on the chairs. I just love Craigslist! Honey, if I lived close enough, you wouldn't have to ask me twice if I wanted these chairs.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You and your black...you have made us all into little black spray paint addicts.:)
I don't need the chairs...have at least 6 in my attic as well, but definitely not Ethan Allen.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Love your chairs, glad you did a rehash for those of us just tuning in...you did a great job. I have bought SO MANY Ethan Allen pieces at consignment shops. Great quality, great price when they aren't new! And if I could only enjoy painting as much as you do, I'd be in business!

Happy day!

Melissa

sweetfunkyvintage said...

What a great find! And, a super snazzy re-do on your part!
Missy

Anonymous said...

I would love ... if I had a spare inch in this house... Susie h~

Nicole said...

I remember your post on those chairs, I seriously love them. I was looking for a dining room set when I first saw them, and now I have ladder back chairs because I loved them so much.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are gorgeous! I used to work for Ethan Allen & they do have some pretty things. I know you can resell them with no problem at all.

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Do you have any tips on covering the cane (?) seating when you paint? What kind of paint did you use? I want to paint my PB Napoleon chairs, which are similar. Thank you! : )

KS

Blogger said...

I'm sorry no one was reading your blog back then! lol You did a SPLENDID job with them, they are just beautiful, love, love them, good job!!!

Laural Out Loud said...

Awesome! Ever since I started reading your blog, I look at furniture in a whole new way.

I have to ask, how do you decide if you will use spray paint or regular paint?

Debbie said...

I love it! And Ethan A. to boot. If you don't keep them..you should sell them on Craigs List for a whole lotta money!

Courtney said...

they look FAB, of course! I agree with kris - put them on Craigslist again for double the price and I bet somebody would snap them up!

Kristen said...

Would you share your paint secret? What type of paint do you use on your furniture? I have several pieces I have been saving to paint black and am not sure what type of paint would work best.
Kristen
baker7202@comcast.net

Heather said...

I LOVE what you did with these chairs!! I can't wait to see your new house.

Lulu said...

That looks really good. I am kicking myself, because my church had a garage sale that I drove by last weekend and I saw chairs just like this sitting outside. Why didn't I buy them?!? These would also look cute painted antique white which is what I should've done! Should've, Could've, Would've!!

Kelly said...

I'd be interested in the chairs as they would go perfectly with the new "hutch" we currently have. The hutch has the same cane in the doors as in the seats. Our dining table and chairs don't really match it.

I am located in Pennsylvania as well, but not sure how close to you. Let me know.

Thanks, Kelly
potteiger3@netzero.com

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't believe what a difference the elbow grease and paint made.