13 July 2008

Sunday Morning



I wait patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.


Psalm 40:1-3

9 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Joy said...

Oh how beautiful.. I love that Psalm ...I live near the ocean...we don't have a fence like that.

Songbirdtiff said...

I don't know if you're a U2 Fan, but they do a beautiful song of this verse called "forty". I found it on youtube and I'm posting it on my blog...for you. :)

God Bless you!

Tiff

Z's Mom said...

Lovely verse and lovely photo....

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Kimba,
Thanks for posting that and for the picture!

Sarah Mae said...

Kimba, that is my life verse.

Courtney said...

Amen!! Beatiful photo, too!

2- Sweet Boutique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
2- Sweet Boutique said...

Okay, I'm going to try this again.

I love these verses. It it exactly what I needed to read this morning.

Have a blessed Sunday!

HeathahLee said...

It's amazing how many songs have been written from just this one psalm...I can think of three right off the bat and I know there are others. Beautiful choice for Sunday morning!