05 July 2008

Simply Saturday

This Saturday I thought it would be fun to share some rehab projects that other bloggers have done.

Shannon at Bless Our Nest - She made the most wonderful piece of wall art out of an old window, some picture frames and a little paint. Give this girl a gum wrapper and a lead pencil and she's a regular decorating MacGyver. I love what she made. It's sweet and sentimental and downright beautiful.

Beckie at infarrantly creative - The $5 desk (gotta love garage sales!!) that she rehabed is unbelievable. She shares my love for spray paint but takes it to a new level with some scrapbook paper and modge podge. In addition to pictures, she wrote a great tutorial on how she did the desk. And take a look on the right-hand side of her blog for a list of fantastic tutorials!

Jessica from Celebrate Life, Tell Your Story - She did a fantastic job rehabing a dining table and chairs. The result is beautiful and fun! To get to the main part of her blog, click on the blog name in the upper left-hand corner. She also has pictures on an unbelievable playhouse they built.

Caren at City Momma/Country Momma - I was so excited when I saw Caren's post about rehabing a real treasure that someone else put in the trash. My favorite kind of rehab project! Her dresser looks great and is so creative and functional. Love it!

If you're reading this on Saturday, I'm on my way to the beach! Woo Hoo! I'll still be blogging this week, so tune in on Monday for the next installment of our Rehab Tutorials!

18 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Trixi said...

Kimba,
Those are some great links. I love that playhouse. It is unbelievable. Have a great weekend!!
Blessings,
Trixi

Caren said...

Thank you Kimba! I'm so flattered that you mentioned my blog and my dresser. You know I owe it all to you, right? (hee hee...)

Isn't that desk the best? I WILL be trying that one for sure!

We were driving through the country yesterday and there was a house with a really cool "corner cabinet" on someone's front lawn with a "FREE" sign on it. We only had my little car and we were on our way to Dutch Wonderland with neighbors. Do you know what I would have loved to do with that cabinet? I am still grouchy that I couldn't get it! AHHHHHH! I hope someone gives it a good home.

Thanks again Kimba! I look forward to more of YOUR rehabs soon.

Darlene said...

Thanks for the links....I visited them and was so inspired!!! Hope you have a fantastic day at the beach!!!!!

Heather said...

SUCH a great post!! I love seeing people's before and afters.

Infarrantly Creative said...

Thanks so much for the blog shout-out! Have fun at the beach.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimba! Thanks for sharing your crafty friends today! I've enjoyed looking at all their skills! You have a fab day at the beach!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Kimba,

Hey, thanks for the post today... I love your blog and just found you a few days ago from The Nester's blog. I am adding you to my blog roll.
Have fun at the beach...sounds so nice!
Blessings,
Jackie

Marie said...

Have fun at the beach! We spent 2 days there and we got a little...red. To say the least. Yeouch!

Thanks for 2 new links to what I am sure are wonderful blogs (the other 2 I already subscribe to!). I love finding new treasures out there in blogland!

Trudi said...

Really nice post, thank you.

asnipofgoodness said...

Thank you for all of these very inspirational links. They are all fantastic!!! great blog!

Lulu said...

i love all of those links. thanks for sharing!

Nancy Hood said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm headed there now, and hope you've reached your beachy dwelling!!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

im a new visitor to your blog :) lovely!

congrats on "today's creative blog"

Anonymous said...

Hey,just wanted to let you know I did mention you in my blog today and my inspiration!

:o) Jackie

Shannon said...

Hi!! Thanks so much for the link!! I wondered why I had so many comments. :) You are too sweet and flatter me to much!! I'm at the lake with dial up so as soon as I get back home I will check out all the links. Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for those great links! Have a great time at the beach!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the beach! Susie H~

Danielle said...

Have just discovered your blog via Today's Creative Blogs and I have to say that I love it. Spent way too much time today going back through your posts.

Can I just ask, do you use actual spraypaint cans or do you have a spraypaint machine? I have been wanting to start spray painting my pieces as I have been hand painting them but don't like the ridges you get from the brush and no amount of sanding gets those out.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Danielle