02 July 2008

You're A Grand Old Flag & A Little Something

In honor of the 4th of July, Kari and Kijsa are hosting their Fabulous Flag-Flying Fourth party. Everyone can come!


I feel so blessed to live in this country and I love to celebrate Independence Day.

We usually have an impromptu gathering of a few friends at our house around fireworks time. Our house is on a hill so we can see several community displays from our deck. We can also see everyone who sneaks over to Ohio to buy the good fireworks. Major fun!


I like to light some candles to keep the bugs away and I saw a fun idea in a magazine. Here is my interpretation. Some red and white tapers, a blue bowl and some sand. The magazine where I saw the idea used cute metal buckets but I just went with what I already had.

Note to self - No more dollar store candles. Drip, drip, drip.

Have a wonderful 4th!

35 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Unknown said...

Happy 4th...Enjoy the fireworks.

Kat said...

It IS a Grand Flag, isn't it?

Mary said...

Happy 4th. Just wanted to tell you how much I really enjoy your blog. Added you to my blogroll to spread the word.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those fireworks.. be safe.. Susie h~

Marie said...

Have a wonderful 4th!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time celebrating and honoring our country.

Gina said...

Where are you?? I live in Cincinnati.
Have FUN- I wish we had that kind of location. I love to have people over- but we live in such an urban setting that it's hard to host large groups. Our house is huge- but there's not much outdoors.

Amy said...

Have a Happy Fourth!!

Jo said...

Your candles look great! Drippy candles have their charm too ;-) Maybe you can angle them so that the drips only fall on the sand? Have a terrific holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimba and thanks for stopping by my sunporch! Yes, paint works wonders, doesn't it? Oh, I just love your outside candles in the sand. Such a cute idea.
Have a great 4th and
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shannon said...

So cute! Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

I love watching fireworks. How nice that you have your own front row seat!

Happy 4th!

-- Brandi

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great post! And I love your candle idea, may just have to "borrow" that one! LOL! And I love the dripping candles...adds to the character!

Have a great 4th! Rhonda ;)

Kristen said...

Those candles are such a cute idea. I'm using that one for our next BBQ!

kari and kijsa said...

You are the very best! We LOVE your candles!

Thanks for flying your flag proudly!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Heathahlee said...

I love the candle idea. And I would be flying my flag, but we put a shepherd's hook right in front of where the flag would go. The flag wasn't out, and we were obviously not thinking. It would get ripped to shreds if we put it out...haven't had the presence of mind to change locations! Hmmm, maybe that's a project for tomorrow morning!

Heather said...

What a fun idea!
Hope you and your family and friends have a wonderful 4th of July!!
-Heather :)

Rue said...

Hi kim :)

ummm.... WE have good fireworks?? Where?

Have a beautiful 4th of July!

rue :)

Jill said...

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Jill

Hillary said...

I LOVE this idea. Too cute. I love all of your ideas though. I am inspired!:)

Debbie said...

I love the candle idea. I just love you! Happy Fourth!

V and Co. said...

funny thing is i've been checking your blog out for quite some time! i'm a fan! good to "meet" you!

A Hint of Home said...

Great idea and display of the candles.
We do have such a pretty flag.

KatBouska said...

Cute centerpieces!! Happy fourth!

Nancy said...

Have a bang up 4th! Love your flag....Nancy

Tam said...

Happy Fourth!

Sarah Mae said...

Happy 4th! I'm in N.C. with my sister who is in the Army. I'm actually going to spending my 4th at Fort Bragg!!! I'm so excited!

I love the candle thing!

Trixi said...

It looks great flying from the porch. I love it!! The candles in the sand is a neat idea. I like using what you have even more.
Blessings,
Trixi

Decor To Adore said...

Images such as these make my heart sing. Happy 4th of July!

Terri Steffes said...

Love the candle idea and thanks for the tip! I enjoyed reading your blog!

aurora said...

Hopped over here from Today's Creative Blog... congrats!

Love your blog! LOve your ideas, and will totally stop by again. :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and it is fantastic! I'm in the process of several projects in my 1856 farmhouse and am in much need of inspiration, happy to have found your blog. I will be back for sure.

Infarrantly Creative said...

Sure I would love to be linked. Happy 4th!

Hope said...

Love this idea. So cute! Lovin your blog. I had a 4th of July Party too. So much fun! Thanks for sharing your ideas. I used your idea for the potted plants at my party. I have a picture on my blog if you want to check it out.

My2Gs said...

That's funny! I always thought us Ohioans snuck somewhere else to buy fireworks :)
~ Lacie