28 July 2008

Remember the Hillbilly Post?

Do you remember the hillbilly post from a month or so ago? Well, we were at it again.


This is what happens when the kids are swimming in the pool while Daddy dismantles the swingset for the move.

The slide from the swingset made a perfect water slide.


By the time it was over, the little kids had lost their shirts and their britches. But I won't be sharing those pictures.



post signature

36 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

cherry said...

Hi Kimba! Wanted to take the time to say Hi and tell you I have enjoyed your blog. I too have adored spray paint many a time. I sometimes wonder what my neighbors across from me must think...using it sooo often. Love all the inspiraton. I added you to my faves list at my blog. cherry

V and Co. said...

haha! you a hillbilly too?! i like you even more now!

Kristen said...

So fun - I think hillbilly's have the best summers ever. What kid wouldn't love that?!

Heathahlee said...

My kiddo would LOVE a pool/slide combo like that! I can't show this to him or he'll be bugging me for one!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

They were obviously having great fun while you were working hard! That's a good thing as Martha would say. Have a great week!

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

I just found you and I love your blog. Your atmosphere does create a soft place just by what you have done here on your page. I can't wait to come back.

;-)

Darlene said...

What a perfect way for them to play in the water!!! Looks like they had a bunch of fun!!! My daughter is 9 and still has a ball just playing in the waterhose & sprinkler occasionally.

duchess said...

Sometimes ya gotta do whatcha just gotta do.

Looks like fun to me.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pic, the little one getting out of the pool is a darling, well they all are, those are the times you'll remember....my kids had exactly the same, a plastic toddler slide into a blow up pool, they had a whale of a time....we'll be getting another blow up type pool this summer as we won't be affording a real in ground pool at the cottage for a while

Sarah

Marie said...

:o) Who doesn't have a little hillbilly in us. Right? Haven't we all gotten naked a time or two and used the swingset for our own personal water slide? Umm... haven't we?? Well... yeah... me either!!

Hope the move is going... swimmingly! ha ha I couldn't resist. :o)

Monkey Giggles said...

Those there are some smart hillbilly's.

Sarah said...

It truly doesn't get any better than that! I am sure that will be a memory they will hold onto for the rest of their lives.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

you are too funny. Looks like the boys are having fun. It does not mater what the neighbors think now...You are moving.

Anonymous said...

Morning Kimba! How cute is this? Oh, the joys of childhood and Daddies with vision. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hillbilly or not, this looks like a fantastic way to spend a hot summer day! LOL!

~Rhonda :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ahhh...the dog days of summer. This is what it is all about!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Morning Kimba! Come by my blog - I have a little award for you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We used to have some Little Tikes slide that we always put into the plastic pool. And my kids are always looking for opportunities to get nekkid in the pool. They even like to swim in their jammies...

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like so much fun. I'll bet the kids really enjoyed the reprieve after all the hustle of packing, too!

Christina said...

Good times!

We're hillbilly's too!! ;)

Carry Grace said...

It is nice to know that there are other hillbillies. My son would love that!

Gretchen said...

Hey Girl!
Guess what?

I'VE SENT YOU AN AWARD!!!

Love your blog and want the world to know and appreciate your talents!

Gretchen said...

Okay, I'm-a-dork. I didn't actually send it. You've got to come over to pick it up and then you can pass it on.

I embarrass myself sometimes.

scargosun said...

You have VERY smart kids! Think about how many jkids woudl never have thought of that, just went back to video games. Hm

Caren said...

Hillbilly or not, sure looks like fun to me!

Tausha said...

very creative children! Just like their mom! You should be proud!!

Shannon said...

So fun!!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Ohhh my goodness! hehe I think we might have to crank out our Hillbilly pool now too! :)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

You rednecks you!

Amanda Jo said...

Your kids looked like they had a BLAST!!! I love the fact that it's the simple things in life that kids enjoy the most!!!

Your blog is too much fun!

Lula! said...

Y'all are so my kind of people!

Gina said...

Oh you really went hillbilly with them neked lil ones!!!!
Thankya for sparring ussens them thar pitchers.

My Beautiful Mess! said...

I how I totally relate! We are totally hillbilly up in my house. Love your blog - your ideas are awesome and I plan on copying a few this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Susie h~

Mrs. B said...

Hi Kimba! Looks like they're having so much fun! What is it with little boys getting naked outside? I told my kids it was time to get ready to go swimming today and my youngest stripped down right in the back yard! I guess I should be grateful we have a fence around it!

Jen said...

Go girl. Love the site. Just found you!