26 June 2008

Would You Wear These?

Edited to add: Can I just tell you how tickled I am that so many of you commented and fed my words right back to me. "Do what YOU like!" I love it! You guys are the best!!!!!!


Alrightly girls, I'm testing you today. Do you really like me? Will you love me even when I'm being a freak?

Cause I have a question for you...

Would you wear these shoes?




Whenever I put them on, my hubby shakes his head and calls them my Big Bird shoes.

Big Bird doesn't wear shoes.

44 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Ok, I don't know if I would wear the yellow, because I don't typically wear anything yellow, but I have tried some pink and some of the other color converse. I am sure they are cute on you. I do wear some shoes that sometimes my husband just shakes his head, but I think if it is not immodest and you like it, wear it.

Always Smiling said...

I wouldn't wear them, but that style of shoe is really popular in my area.

Kat said...

Because I like you so much, this is painful to say. No, I wouldn't wear the shoes. But ya know, if YOU like them, then who cares what we think! And I, too, wear a few things that my husband just really isn't quite sure about :)

Trixi said...

I think it all depends on the personality of the person, whether or not they could carry it off. In just the short time of getting to know you Kimba, I think you could probably wear them. You are high energy and fun and so are those shoes. Me on the other hand, I could not. I am very mellow and even though I like them I would never do it. That is definitely a flaw of mine. Have fun in your big bird shoes. I think they are darling.
Blessings,
Trixi

Anonymous said...

Do you promise to be my friend?....I have to say they are not for me. They did make me giggle and if they make you smile when you look at your feet... By all means put those babies on girlfriend! Many smiles your way, Susie H~

Cricket said...

I think, just like furniture, if you like them that color, you should wear them.

Angie's Spot said...

I think they're ADORABLE! I would totally wear those with jean shorts and I'm sure my hubby would make non-stop fun of me. :-)

Gina said...

*I* would not wear them, because I don't like tennis shoes or the color yellow on my body, but if you enjoy them, you just wear them!! Kick up your yellow heels!
:-D

Christina said...

I think they are cute! And laughed pretty good about the big bird comment from your husband. hehe... I probably wouldn't wear them cause I like my feet to be FREE, free as the wind. I prefer to not wear shoes at all. If I must, it would be flip flops or sandals.

Shannon said...

I wouldn't wear them but if you can pull them off then more power to you! I know those converse are pretty popular right now though.

Anonymous said...

I would wear 'em Kimba!! I think they are fanstatic shoes for running errands, doing yard work or just putzing around. They would go great with my wild green shorts, or that super loud shirt!! It is ok to be a big bird every now and then....b/c remember!, an early bird catches the worm! :)

Anonymous said...

They look super cool on your feet. Mine, however, not so much. But, what was your last post "Do what YOU like." Now, I would not be embarrassed to be seen with you in them, though.

Chris said...

Heck yeah, I would wear them. So much so that I have a pink pair! I love them!

angela | the painted house said...

If you have been on my blog enough, you would know that, YES, I would wear them. I've discovered at 5'11" that I will never blend into a crowd (unless it is a bunch of WNBA players) so I might as well stand out with a pop.

Wear them with pride!

Meredith said...

I think they are great! I love the bright color...makes me think of sunshine. Tell your husband that Big Bird doesn't wear shoes and that they are rays of sunshine on your feet! :) You might get an even funnier look from him on that one!

Wear them with bright, sassy, summer shoe PRIDE sister!

Anonymous said...

No, but only because I have big wide feet....and the yellow would just draw even more attention to my ugly feet. But yeah, otherwise I would....why not!!! They look like the type of shoes you wear to a backyard barbeque or sipping on ice tea on a hot day...

Laural Out Loud said...

Absolutely! Shoes are one of the ways to express your funky/spunky side without going overboard. Yellow tennies look like super fun.

Liz Harrell said...

Hmmm... I'd probably wear them with jeans, but maybe not with skirts. Big Bird Shoes does seem a little harsh. :)

Tam said...

LOL.....MY little son has yellow bright yellow CROCS so yes I would wear them because he wears his everywhere....just so we would be alike!!!!!

Caren said...

Personally, I would not wear them but ONLY because they would not be comfortable for me. I have REALLY high arches and need major arch support. Unless I'm really trying to "look cute" I wear Birkenstocks or Danskos, neither of which is all that attractive. Style-wise, I think they're cute and you should definitely keep wearing them, especially if they make you happy!

Gretchen said...

Oh YEAH! I think they are great. Nothing like wearing something fun. Of course they have to have the right outfit, but hey!

As for the big bird comment, I think he's secretly jealous that guys cant get away with funky shoes.

Tiffany said...

They are adorable. To be honest, I wouldn't wear them, but that's because my legs are short and those kind of shoes make them look even shorter. If, if only I just had long legs....oh, wait, we were talking about shoes. If you like them, wear them. :)

Unknown said...

I would totally wear those...You should see the big pink moon boots I wear in the winter...

Sarah Mae said...

Well dear friend, I wouldn't wear them with shorts. I would wear them with jeans, long jeans where the shoes peeked through, but if I was in an artsy fartsy mood (which is most of my life) I would totally rock them!

Oh, and of course I would still like you...I think your fantastic!

Unknown said...

I think I would wear them just to show what an individual I am. And I think they are perfect for you...sunny and bubbly!

Loved the alter ego comment on my blog...mwahahahahaha! Wait...is this Kimba?........

Mom in High Heels said...

Only if they had a heel. :) I have 3 pair of sneakers with a chunky heel. One pair is plaid. I love them. I'm not a yellow fan because with my skin color it makes me look like I have yellow fever, but if *you* like them, then wear them and be proud. They're only look like Big Bird shoes (though he doesn't wear shoes) if they were ORANGE.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I think they are great. And if they make you happy...wear 'em. (who was it that said "do what YOU like?)

Heathahlee said...

I wouldn't wear them, but I would totally still hang out with you if you did. I have a friend who is a "free spirit" and she wears whatever she wants to...even has some shoes kind of like these. She is too cool, so I live my "free spiritedness" vicariously through her, since I'm not brave enough myself!

Courtney said...

that sounds like the kind of comment my husband would make. I can relate in that i have a couple of pairs of shoes - alas, not as practical as yours - that just make me smile. I have to comment on them, to him, every time I wear them. And he just rolls his eyes, not understanding how they could bring me such joy. They just make me feel GOOD, you know? And if that's what these do for you - don't let anybody make you stop wearing them!

The Nester said...

Yes!

They have lots of personality but are simple! My favorite! I would probably wear them with a skirt or jeans.

I'm sure you can totally pull it off and make every one who sees you wish that they had a pair!

Brian and Staci said...

I can't really pull off yellow very well, myself...but they are super cute and I think they'd be oh so cute with a little skirt and a white t-shirt! With jeans too...well, now that I'm thinkin' about it...it wouldn't be too close to my face...heck yea! I'd do it! Wear what YOU want to wear :) Love your blog btw!

Unknown said...

I would not wear yellow because it looks awful on me but I have a pair of pink converse I love~If you love them then I say wear them!

Nancy Hood said...

sorry, sweet Kimba, I wouldn't :) but my daughter just bought her a pair of pastel yellows with little white dots :) it's our young ones that keep this world a neater place ~ so wear them with style!

scargosun said...

I think they are cute!

Bee said...

Absolutely! How fun. And you're right, big bird never wears shoes.

Trudi said...

I love fun shoes. Go for it.

Ann said...

I'm a sneaker girl growing up and still has a growing collection till now. That shoes is so cheerful looking, bet you're in a happy mood when you wear them. Go for it, girl. Wear, wear it...That's what I'd definitely do.

Michelle said...

I'd totally wear shoes like that. But in purple because I'm a purple person. Oh wait, I already have purple shoes that I wear all the time. Hmm. Yeah, I'd wear 'em!

Congrats on the award from Angie, too!

Heather said...

Oh I love them! I want a pair in red! If Big Bird did wear shoes I bet he would choose these- how could he not!? They are so cute!!
I bet they make your feet happy too, don't they?? Cuz they sure look happy! LOL!!
Please stop by my blog- I have something for you!
-Heather :)

Heather said...

Oh, I wear stuff all the time that PB rolls his eyes at. I LOVE your yellow shoes. They are too cute!!

Julie said...

yes, yes yes... in other colors too.

The Chatty Housewife said...

If those are naturalizer brand, then yes. I wear mine all the time! But then again, they are black. If mine were yellow I would still wear them a lot though.

Amy said...

Yes! I certainly would, and it's funny I should run across this post, when I've been itching to post something very similar for days now.

They are very cute, everyone has different styles!

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Just came across your wonderful blog and YES I would totally wear these shoes. The yellow makes me happy!!