19 June 2008

Don't Forget to Rejoice!!!


Usually when I write on my blog about my relationship with God, I'm lamenting all the things I do wrong. The list is long...

I don't stay in the habit of having quiet time everyday. I'm not the wife I want to be. I'm not the mother I want to be. I'm impatient. I'm not content. I could go on and on about the things that I'm not...with good reason.

In the midst of my lamenting, I forget that I can rejoice!

I can rejoice not because of who I am or what I have done, but because of who He is and what He has done. He sacrificed His Son so that I could be saved from my sin.

I can rejoice not because of my circumstances today but because my trials and struggles are temporary. The end of the story is already written. God wins the war.


Loving my Lord isn't about walking around with a grim attitude and berating myself for the things that I'm not. I'm supposed to grow in my faith but I'm also supposed to be full of joy even now.

REJOICE!

34 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Sarah Mae said...

YES! Rejoice! Oh how wonderful is grace...without out we would have many reasons to be completely defeated.

What a great post this morning, just what I needed! (I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!)

Unknown said...

Love your blog, and thanks so much for the reminder. It was just what I needed as well, as I have a tendency for beating myself up for every little thing....big guilt trips I like to lay on myself!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Amen! The Lord knows my list... Im thankful he is a forgiving and loving God. We are blessed by his grace... sweet post, thank you! Susie H

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

That deleted post was me... I was signed in as my daughter. Anyway, thank you for the awesome reminder of how awesome and merciful our Great Big God is.

Unknown said...

Rejoyce in everything...regret and discontent only bring more of the same...

Gina said...

Amen, Sister!
What a great, uplifting post!!
Thanks for that gentle reminder!!

Anonymous said...

The perfect way for me to start off my day. Thank you ... that was so true and wonderful to read. Have a blessed day Kimba!

Amanda Jo said...

I love this post because it's exactly how I am. I am constantly reminding myself of my sin and mourning over the fact that I'm not worthy - but in doing that I forget how loving, gracious and AWESOME the Lord is.

Thank you for lifting my spirits today. Your blog is so refreshing!

Julie said...

Amen!

Nicole said...

Wonderful Post, what an example you are!

Tiffany said...

This is such a great reminder. I'm going to link to your blog today. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great reminder I sure did need it this morning too. This week is kind of lonely around my house my husband is gone until Sunday and my boys are with grandma for part of the summer. Just me and my teenage daughter.
I was feeling like such a loser with out my family but you've made me realize that just because they are away dosen't mean I am worthless.

Thanks,
Blanca

Courtney said...

thank you for the reminder, Kimba! You are such a blessing to those of us who read your blog. :-)

Kathy said...

Thanks for the reminder. It is too easy to focus on our current circumstances and wallow in discontent. My husband told me this weekend to control my emotions, not let them control me. Not the wisest thing to say at that moment, but true nonetheless. I'd rather rejoice than wallow in self-pity anyday!

Liz Harrell said...

Lovely thoughts Kimba. I too get bogged down in the "I'm not's" and "I cant's" but it's nice to be reminded to rejoice. Thanks.

Deb said...

Great post, Kimba.

THANK GOD FOR JESUS!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

Julie said...

I just read your comment on my blog... and all I can say is PRAISE GOD. I am praying that it is exactly what you and your husband were praying for and that your heart can have more rest! Hugs from afar...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kimba.
I told you the day after you were featured on SITS that you inspired me to work on a project. Well, I'm not being lazy..well, entirely anyway...I AM working on one...it involves cutting tiles which I still have to master. Plus, I can only work on it when Grandma has the Z man....but I hope to be able to post it next week sometime.

Thanks for all of your inspiring posts! and thanks for visiting my lil blog. :)

S Club Mama said...

Thank you so much for such a great post. I often am drowning in thoughts about how "bad" I am. But He is good, I don't stop to think about that enough.

Anonymous said...

Rejoice. That's what I do not do enough. Lately I've been stuck in a woe is me funk and I need to see that he brought me out of the pit and rejoice.

Kimba, you're so cool. THANK YOU!!

-- Brandi

Heathahlee said...

Just this morning I was reading Galatians 5:16-25...the Fruit of the Spirit passage. As I read it, I kept thinking how many I do NOT have, and I started getting depressed because I'm so not where I need to be. Thank you for the reminder that it's all about His grace...it's the whole reason behind my first few posts on my blog, as well as the inspiration for my blog's name! How soon I forget!

Jennifer P. said...

Like I tell my kids when they're covering their eyes in an action movie: "It's alright guys. The good guys always win..."

So true :)! Just stay on the path and you will TOTALLY win!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Beautifuly written post! Reminded me of the song...Who am I? ...and I will praise You in this Storm! My list is long, too...but, I leave the perfection up to Him, He has it all covered! "smiles"

Thanks for the kind comments on my LACK OF mantle! LOL!

~Hugs, Rhonda ;)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh, the post also reminded me of a Southern Gospel song, written by Bill Gaither..."It is finished, the battle is over, It is finished, they'll be no more war.....and Jesus is Lord."

Your post has me singing and just praising Jesus tonight! "smiles"

~Rhonda ;)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post. I love your honesty. We all need to be reminded don't we?

Brenda said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to perusing yours more!
Off the top of my head I can't thing of the exact address of the scripture...Rejoice in the Lord always, again, I say rejoice...
There must be a reason why it had to be said twice! Possibly for those times that you mention. God is so good to remind us!
God bless,
Brenda :)

Anonymous said...

You are right to praise God. We all have many blessings on our journey through life. I believe it is our goal to continue to try to live in order to become more like God.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Wonderful reminder! (I found you through Kari and Kijsa :)
Love the pink bench, btw.

Blessings~
Cathy

katylinvw said...

AMEN! thank you for this!

Merrie said...

This was just what I needed today. God has already won the war, and I'm am thankful! He knows my struggles and He is right in there with me. I am not alone, and for that, I am rejoicing!

Thank you!

Heather said...

What a great post! I swear everytime I come over here HE gets to me just when I need it! Either that or you and I are on a very similar path!! Or both!!
REJOICE! Everytime I get irritated or frustrated I am going to start yelling that! Rejoice!
Thanks for this reminder of how wonderful He is!
-Heather :)

Crystal said...

Thank you...now I know why I stumbled onto your blog today...I really needed that.....