12 May 2008

One of my favorite places...


I got to go to one of my favorite places in the whole wide world on Saturday to pick out a Mother's Day present. It was fantastic! Hubby and the kids went with me and I got to wander around for as long as wanted without listening to any complaining...from the man or the kids. This was a major feat by my husband who managed to keep the kids entertained for nearly 2 hours!

So where did we go? The mall? The park? The ice cream factory? Nope!

We went to the nursery where I go each spring to pick out some annual flowers for the hanging baskets on my front porch. Oh heavens! I adore this place! I could spend hours just wandering around breathing in the fragrance. I love everything about it. The colors. The smell. The dirt. Do you think I they would let me live there?

The place is enormous. Look at this picture...

And this one...



The room of ferns. My kids were afraid to walk down that aisle. . .

When my four-year old finally did, he looked like a little adventurer whacking his way through the jungle.
Here are the petunias...


Look at the colors in this Regal Geranium.

Last one. I love this row of Bacopa.

Once I get my baskets and pots planted, I'll share some more pictures.

Do you plant annuals? What kinds do you like to plant?

11 comments {Click here to leave a comment}:

Heathahlee said...

Will you take pics and share of how you plant your pots and planters? I want to sooo bad, but my thumb is not only NOT green, it's definitely brown. If I had someone telling me exactly how to do it, I'd be more likely to try. Pleeeeeease? =)

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

Oh, wow! I wish I could have gone with you!!!!

I love to garden. Until the weather heats up..LOL! It gets very hot here. (101 degrees sometimes) So when it gets too hot...well my garden goes to pot..LOL!

I am so happy you had a great day!!!

Susan

Mrs. B said...

Wow, that looks like a great nursery! I love those bacopas too! My hubby is usually the one that picks out the annuals. He's planted a bunch of petunias this year so far. I always get kind of overwhelmed at the nursery and I'm never sure what to choose. Right now I'm trying to decide on some trees to plant for our yard.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I can spend hours in a nursery too :)

Rue said...

It looks like you had a gret Mother's Day too :) What a fantastic place to get flowers!

Oh and I'm glad your hubby didn't blow away ;)

rue

Nicole said...

I'm jealous, I wish we had a cool nursery like that in Utah, maybee we do and I just haven't found it. Ok, I just saw a post you did with a ladder back chair. I love ladder back chairs, and that one is so pretty, you did an awesome job. I have one on my porch that I painted, but it's not pretty.

The Farmer Files said...

When we lived in Northern VA for 5 years my favorite annuals were vegetables! I loved the Big Boy tomatoes and green bell peppers. :) Aloha from Hawaii.

Also mom of 2 boys 3 and 1, teaching them to love Jesus.

Chris said...

A girl after my own heart. I LOVE flowers. Luckily, my mom does all the picking out for me, but I get to veto what I don't like. Favorites? Shasta daisies, rhododendrums (bright purple!), hydrangeas, you name it! Can't wait to see what you choose.

Jennifer said...

Love nurseries. Love beautiful flowers. Not quite sure what to plant, when, where and how to keep things alive. Every year I try a little harder... maybe this is my year. : )

meg duerksen said...

hi.
i came over from elizabeth's blog.
your favorite place is my favorite place!

i don't think i can pick a favorite.
black-eyed susans?
or my ruby slippers daisies that bloom in the spring?
oh i know what it is - peonies.
they are my favorite.

nice to meet you and your blog. :)

Marie said...

WOW! That's a nursery! I wish I had something 1/2 the size of that local.

I pretend to garden. I have no clue what I'm doing. I live vinca though...I can't seem to kill it...which is a huge bonus! :o)